Paladin in the movie: not Scottish enough?

OCH LADDY

The spelling may not be correct, yet the intent is there.

That's what Paladin should be saying. That's what we know and love him for! I'm not taking anything away from the actor in the movie (I'm neither here nor there on him) but seeing as so many people defend 'canon' views on this chatzone, how about we extend that little idea...

When Chris Roberts/Origin created WC, and the said character of Paladin, it was their intent to have Paladin seen as a Scotsman. He's talk said it all. AYE LAD I TOTALLY AGREE WIT YE! THERES NARRY A SCOT ALIVE WHO DINNA HAVE AN ACCENT!

Rhys Davies may not be suitable for a middle aged character, however Paladin is STILL a Scotsman. That is the canon intent.

And by the way, periods are women's business...

When an object reduces its velocity to 0, it comes to rest.

Originally posted by Wedge009

What the heck?!

A period is something women get about every 28 days.

A full stop is that 'dot' you see at the end of every sentence.

The only people I know who use "period" instead of "full stop" are Americans.

Yes, I know CIC is hosted in the US. [/B]

LOL... I really didn't think that was the major issue of my post, whether "." is "full-stop" or "period"...

I mean periodically, a period is indeed the women's business, where the reproductive system is fertile for a time until the cycle comes to a full stop, before it resumes again. No, it can indeed be said it comes to a full stop, and that's that, full-stop. Or "period" if you prefer...

Also, as others have pointed out, a full-stop is reducing one's velocity to zero, a tactic that is outlined in the Claw Marks issue by MAJOR James Taggart, who would indeed use "full-stop" at the end of a sentence, as well as of a maneouver. Periodically, pilots use that technique, to come indeed to a full stup, but once in a period Kilrathi ships are not fooled, and this usually results in the full stop of the Confed pilot's life...

Am I trying to be funny? YES! Is it working? I really don't think so... ;)

I knew that, no need to apologize ;)

I had a hard enough time making MYSELF laugh, so I imagine the rest of you guys... LOL

Well, after much thinking I decided that is funny (in my view) besides period is correct, same thing in portuguese (its periodo)

LOL... at least someONE thinks it's funny, but in in a way that French people would call "4ème degré" (and even beyond! LOL)

Are you Portuguese by any chance Dragon?

Yep, sometimes in here I heard "You can still find KS or WC P gold in stores, look in the bargin bins" well here games have a shelf live on over six moths, I never see those game, even when relesade.
Of course I can find a "sims" or a "need for speed", but not WC games.

Definitely not fair for WC fans... apparently they don't sell enough? I don't have the figures...

Yeah, I guess they think the WC series is just not worth exploiting anymore... they're too busy in the production of their EA SPORTS brand (which by the way, is excellent, and rules unchallenged for probably all the sports they are offering, especially soccer with the FIFA series).

It's just a pity...

There are a few problems here, first all games need a seal that have the recomende age in there (AKA two more weeks to get the game) second WC P had the manual translated to portuguses (why? the whole thing is in english on the game even the subtitles are in english).

Originally posted by Dragon
WCP had the manual translated to portuguese (why? the whole thing is in english on the game even the subtitles are in english).

LOL... that's a funny thing you say here Dragon...
I remember that the manual in WC II was translated in French and German, but Portuguese???

Yes it was, even the box was in portuguese.
Also the CDs were made in spain and (just to show how EA is) the CD 2 was damaged, and since I have preorder it in a store I got it, I got to the story and they said that they know it but let it go to see if "only" a few were damaged.
I got luck, the store inported the game from england and I get to switch my game for that version.
EA have offices in here, the tecnical suport is in a portuguese address as well the phone munber.

Crazy story... LOL
As for me, I was dying to get WC III in the English version, but could not find it anywhere: the stores in France had WC IV in English (it had just come out, wasn't translated yet), but WC III in French :(

So eventually I had to get it from a friend, not so long ago (around beginning of 2000!). Ironic to finish the Price of Freedom before the Heart of the Tiger huh? ;)

Interesting... could you two list the WC games you know were released in French and Portugese? For the merchandise FAQ I'm writing.

WC P had a portuguese Box and manual in portuguse but the game itself was in english (even the subtitles).
EA/Origin did fix it and sold the game after some time(I was still capable of finding it, but it take several weeks to Fix the 2nd CD problem), I belive that it got that because EA portugal is making all games with the manual and boxes in portuguese(Red Alert 2, C&C 2).
My WC III is a EA classic and its all in english.
WC IV is all english as well.
WC P Gold, I never see it in here, either most of the stores did not wanted the game or it was not avaible to us.
P2 TD is in engish was well, but it could have been a import from england since the store that I buy the game from did that for quite some time.
Privateer is a EA CD classic, box in portuguese and on cd docs in english, and in spanish (only the instalation is in spanish but that doc does have some things about RF, the manual is in english,. All docs are in acrobat format).

[Edited by Dragon on 02-20-2001 at 21:37]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Interesting... could you two list the WC games you know were released in French and Portugese? For the merchandise FAQ I'm writing.

I know the first Wing Commander was never translated in French, and probably in no other language either.

WC II MIGHT have been translated, but I seriously doubt it. But as you know, the manual HAD INDEED three versions: English, French and German, all present in the English edition.

As for WC III and on, the games were fully translated in French, for France is very keen on games to be released in Molière's language on French soil nowadays... ;)

That was why it was so fu***** hard to find a WC III copy in English when I was there...

Back