Nubien

Constantly reiterating the Hellcat's greatness is annoying. If the Hellcat really were great, its greatness would speak for itself.

Originally posted by Wulf
Well, the WC4 'Cat was a 7, and the neutrons were replaced by...Particles?...iirc.

Ah! I see!

Thanks for the info! It appears we're playing post leap-frog :p

Ah well, I always liked leap-frog, kinda like the Hellcat. BTW PEOPLE! LOOK AND WHAT U DID TO DOM!!! CONGRADS.:(

Ah! Maniac gets sad. Remember in WC4 when he contemplates defecting in the bar? I admit it is out of character... but it's acceptable in small doses few and far between :p

That, and when he loses one of his wing in SO1... and again in WC:p... He actually gets rather upset, on those occasions.

Col.Dom, Wulf: Sorry to burst your bubble but theHellcat in WC4 is still a Hellcat V, just a bit beefed up (Particle instead of Neutron and 250 shields instead of 220.) ;)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Col.Dom, Wulf: Sorry to burst your bubble but theHellcat in WC4 is still a Hellcat V, just a bit beefed up (Particle instead of Neutron and 250 shields instead of 220.) ;)

The novel also had Black Hellcats, though.

They had tractor beams for Search and Rescue missions, IIRC. (Theough the "rescue" part might me a bit of a misnomer if you're going to shoot the poor bastard in cold blood. :( )

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
They had tractor beams for Search and Rescue missions, IIRC. (Theough the "rescue" part might me a bit of a misnomer if you're going to shoot the poor bastard in cold blood. :( )

Best, Raptor

I think the BL would think more of it as intelligence gathering missions. Grab your ejected opponent, talk nicely to him/her and then shoot them as a pirate. It might even be covered under Confed regs. (Almost certainly under wartime regulations regarding pirates who would be considered to be Confed subjects. For an example, check out the US Navy regs in the 19th Century).

That doesn't mean I think it's right to do it by the way. Me, I'd rather capture them and ship em off for a trial, but then I'm not a Black Lancer at heart:)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Forgot about them but were they different to the standard Hellcat V (except the colour)?

They had that crazy gun capacitor thing... where the energy goes right from the weapons to the guns...

:confused: Sorry, I don't grasp that. Could you please direct me to the page in the novel (better what's happening, as the German translation surely is different in paging), so that I can find out?

Originally posted by panther
That doesn't mean I think it's right to do it by the way. Me, I'd rather capture them and ship em off for a trial, but then I'm not a Black Lancer at heart:)

IIRC, it was quite legal to execute that a suspected terrorist under Confed law at that time. If the person carrying out the execution *knew* that the Border Worlders weren't the ones carrying out the terrorist/pirate attacks though (as Seether did, since he and his cronies had carried them out themselves), then it might be a differant matter as you're killing him under a pretext.

As you say, it's not neccessarily right to shoot a captured soldier. Not particularly smart, either, as that was one of the things that convinced Blair and Co to switch sides, and help bring down the Black Lancers. It would be exquisitely ironic if any of the BLers ended up being shot under those same laws. If not, we'll just have to settle for all those we blew up, missiled, torpedoed and flashpaked. For the supposed Master Race they sure didn't fight too good. :D

PS: Glad to hear you're not a Space Nazi at heart. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor

IIRC, it was quite legal to execute that a suspected terrorist under Confed law at that time. If the person carrying out the execution *knew* that the Border Worlders weren't the ones carrying out the terrorist/pirate attacks though (as Seether did, since he and his cronies had carried them out themselves), then it might be a differant matter as you're killing him under a pretext.

As you say, it's not neccessarily right to shoot a captured soldier. Not particularly smart, either, as that was one of the things that convinced Blair and Co to switch sides, and help bring down the Black Lancers. It would be exquisitely ironic if any of the BLers ended up being shot under those same laws. If not, we'll just have to settle for all those we blew up, missiled, torpedoed and flashpaked. For the supposed Master Race they sure didn't fight too good. :D

PS: Glad to hear you're not a Space Nazi at heart. :D

Best, Raptor

In the ending of WC4, didn't we see some blacklance uniforms at tolwyn's trial. If I remember rightly one of the witnesses was wearing a B.L. uniform. That guy probably got a shorter sentence. Any of the other BLers (who were not co-operative) would probably have been shot as Confed may have viewed them as pirates/traitors. If you lost the game, nobody seemed to have any objection to standing you against a wall.

People who think they are the master race tend to get a little too overconfident. It just makes it much more pleasent to take em down :)

I think that those Black Lancers who were directly involved in carrying out terrorist attacks against Confed or the BW, all those involved with the bio-weapon attacks, and those who were involved in planning or supporting either of the above two would have gotten pretty hefty sentences. I imagine that the ordinary foot soldiers would have gotten off pretty lightly, especially if they were willing to give testimony or help Confed with tracking down any other black projects/plans that were hidden away. I don't think that Confed would shoot them simply for having been part of the Black Lance, which after all was a branch of Confed black ops.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by panther

In the ending of WC4, didn't we see some blacklance uniforms at tolwyn's trial. If I remember rightly one of the witnesses was wearing a B.L. uniform. That guy probably got a shorter sentence. Any of the other BLers (who were not co-operative) would probably have been shot as Confed may have viewed them as pirates/traitors. If you lost the game, nobody seemed to have any objection to standing you against a wall.

People who think they are the master race tend to get a little too overconfident. It just makes it much more pleasent to take em down :)

I dunno, that officer was responsible for *creating* the Black Lance...:)

Back