Nubien

It's somewhat sad that, when asked of nubians, a bunch of people's first thoughts were of Star Wars :(

Hi,

My first thought was of Gladiator, as one of the characters, Jubal was described as being a Nubian.

The Star Wars ones were from Naboo, but I've no idea what you would call them.

Cheers

Originally posted by TC
It's somewhat sad that, when asked of nubians, a bunch of people's first thoughts were of Star Wars :(

Well... to be fair, unless you specifically knew that Chasing Amy came out before Phantom Menace you'd think it might be a Star Wars reference -- since the line comes from a Star Wars-related scene <G>

I said a person from Nubia, but Nubia ,now is a region not a country or nation. they were subdites of the Egiptian Empire

Originally posted by TC

Its somewhat sad that someone would not mention Wing Commander in a thread :confused:

Sorry to throw a curve ball on my first post on this board. But i had been reading he posts, and every one was nit-picking the posts of other people. So I left it to LOAF, he really does seem to know alittle of everything. REALLY. He knows the EXACT length of a Kilrathi dreadnought, and that the Snakier class carrier was the perdominant Kilrathi carrier during WC1.

Sivar class Dreadnought (II) - 103 meters
Sivar class Dreadnought (I) - 825 meters
Snakeir class Super-Dreadnought - 915 meters
Hvar Kann class Dreadnought - 22,000 meters

There are two others, for which reliable stats do not exist -- the Agon Ra Sivar and H'ha ifra classes.

Back