No new WC game= boredom, need something to hold me over...

The REAL Bearcat was designed as a successor to the now-famous Hellcat in the Pacific Theater during WWII...unfortunetly (for it), the war ended abrubtly and it was never put into widespread service...meanwhile, newer (jet) technology was being developed, and the Bearcat fell into obscurity.

That's prolly 't long 'n short of it...

WC4 was 2673, WCP was 2681... I'm sure you can figure out how long that was <G>

Morningstar did indeed enter Confed service -- mace and all... the description of it in the Academy handbook calls it Confed's premiere anti cap-ship weapon.

The Rapiers you fly in WC1 and 2 are the same class of ship -- the F-44 Rapier II. (The 'A' model in WC1, the 'G' in WC2).

if it's only eight years between WC IV and Prophecy, why would a brand new fighter go out of service whilst the Excaliburs and Thunderbolts are still shooting down bad guys?

And different tail fins -- keep in mind that there were probably five variants in between the A and the G... but they're still the same class of ship.

Props versus Ion Engines?

The number designator means an entirely new ship... the Hellcat IV is a completely unrelated design to the Hellcat V.

(The Rapier is a wholly u nrelated design to the Rapier II...)

So the ships we see in the Academy cartoon are Hellcat Vs? Huh. They have lasers instead of ions and particle cannons...

Speaking of which, was there any difference between base Hellcats and the Black variant we saw in the WC4 novel?

Right... different variants (F-86A versus F-86D or whatever), but the same class of fighter (Hellcat V). The ones in the novel are F-86S Black Hellcats...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Nobody's saying that the Bearcat isn't in service anymore... just that we don't see it.

::shudder:: I hate Bearcats. What a waste of resources.
Get me a damned T-Bolt.

Ah, but Bearcat's light Tachyons don't use as much energy as the standard ones...:)

And personaly, I'd take those Tachyons over 4 lasers or a Scatter gun on a Banshee.

Don't ram anything at all in WC unless you're playing WCP. Then its OK. Or WC3 on rookie level. Just thought of something. The last mission of WC3 when you reach Thrak's navpoint, you're still cloaked. You can taunt Thrak and if you do he'll taunt you back. When he taunts you back he can't select your ship since you're cloaked, so that means he's got to broadcast his taunts. That could get him into a lot of trouble. I mean if he starts mouthing off into the comms at someone who's not there, his wingmen might start getting ideas. Like our leaders going bonkers or who the hell does he think he is calling me a furless freak. ;) Heh heh. OK nevermind. :)

Back