Nigerian Scammer

Hey, what's with the attitude all of a sudden??

..............................................................................................................

Hello Mr. Cory;

I am very much suprised at your action on the check you claim to have send to me cause i believe you should be following my instruction on this transaction and not your own idea and if you are to do that you should have at least inform me earlier before.

Now you are putting me in a great risk cause i will have to wait till the check come here if possible and i will as well have to risk getting it cashed in the bank premises which i believ e might lead to suspect in the bank.

Mr. Cory i want you to know that there are so manythings i am trying to avoid in the bank on this transaction which you are as well leading me back to now i think cause if i am to get the check cash at the bank now then their will be suspect and that means i will not have enough time to make this transaction in time because the bank chairman will be getting involve when i am handling the documents over as a next of kin and if they detected that its going to you then i will have to tell them how it comes up to be you since you are the one who gave out the check to me and i want you to know thati will have to face the court of law on this which i don't want to happen to me at all.

Altough i am ready to face any problem that comes my way on this transaction but not that of the court or loosing my job and that's why i asked you to send the money via western union which will be easier for me to cashed immediatly since i am an officail at the bank.
Well i have nothing to say any more for now and all is on your have and as well i will want you to send me the korea service number which you are given or reference number.

Best Regards
Mr. Nelson.

I'm curious if there really is an "International Bank of Africa"? I tried typing in the name into yahoo and google to search for it. None of the top hits linked to an actual bank's webpage, they all linked to articles, blogs, and stories about these types of scams.

McGruff, I noticed this guy starting to get an attitude in the last letter of his you posted, in this line.
Mr. Cory i will want you to try and follow my orders so as to make this transaction successful cause any mistake could break this transaction up and i will not want that to happen at all.

I think your messing up his plan, but he wants your money so he's hoping that he can get you to change your mind and send it by Western Union.

I know, what a party-pooper he is. Gee, I hope I'm not frustrating him too much :).

....................................................................................................

Dear Mr. Nelson

I apologize if there is any inconvenience, but I was assured that the entire process can be completely private as far as what the money is for when I purchased the check, it could be claimed to be a birthday gift for some dapper duds or whatever. You wouldn't even have to cash it at the same bank you work at and endanger your career, in fact it can be done at any financial institution you wish. Very soon you won't have to work another day in your life, after I get your share of the fortune to you. I'm even considering going ahead and quitting my own job tomorrow! (yay) - can you tell me how soon the transaction might be completed? - and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know when my payment arrives safely!

Wrong. That guy will most certainly not come to the US. However he might have relatives, friends, ...
And its not like there weren't any reported killings in the whole Nigeria Scam history (albeit AFAIK all of them in Nigeria).
Yeah, and there was also a killing related to the Russian spammers recently... but that still doesn't mean there's any danger involved.

I mean, think about it. Imagine you're this guy, and you've got a relative in the States. You get screwed over by a guy in the States (well, sorta - actually, you just fail to screw him over). So, what, you're gonna call your cousin, and...?
"Hey, cousin Joe. Listen, could you do me a favour? There's this guy I was trying to scam, and he made a joke out of it. Could you go over there and kill him for me? Or at least hurt him a lot?"
"Uhuh, yeah, cousin Nelson. I'll get right on it. I have no moral objections, I care so deeply about you that I'm willing to kill/hurt someone just for you. I also don't mind the risk of going to prison just for the sake of your wounded pride, and I certainly don't mind losing my green card and being deported. I'll take care of it right away."

...Riiiiiight :rolleyes:.

In short, Nigerian scammers are completely and absolutely harmless. the worst they can do is send you a nasty letter.

"Hey, cousin Joe. Listen, could you do me a favour? There's this guy I was trying to scam, and he made a joke out of it. Could you go over there and kill him for me? Or at least hurt him a lot?"
"Uhuh, yeah, cousin Nelson. I'll get right on it. I have no moral objections, I care so deeply about you that I'm willing to kill/hurt someone just for you. I also don't mind the risk of going to prison just for the sake of your wounded pride, and I certainly don't mind losing my green card and being deported. I'll take care of it right away."

Its about a far fetched as a guy killing his sister for dating a christian and thus getting deported.

Oh wait. This is happening multiple times a day.

Eh, if you can't see the difference between a Muslim fanatic killing his sister for dating a Christian, and a random Nigerian guy killing someone he doesn't even know for not falling for his relative's scam...

Point is, that not everyone is as calm as the average citicen of a western society.
Other cultures are often far more easily to piss off and they go much farther to take revenge. And that revenge devinitely extends to family members.

It does not, however, extend to murdering people for not falling for a $724 scam.

When it comes to people from outside the western world, there are two extreme and stupid assumptions that people can make. The first is that they're exactly like us - clearly, you're safely away from that one. But the second is that they're aliens from another planet - and that one, it seems you've fallen for. It's a ridiculous stereotype you're pushing here, that people in the third world are dangerous animals ready to kill you for the least of reasons.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, regardless of whether they're American, European, African, Asian - nobody - in the world would bother murdering a person because the person in question was too smart to fall for his relative's $724 scam.

It's a ridiculous stereotype you're pushing here, that people in the third world are dangerous animals ready to kill you for the least of reasons.
Hey, you just try disappearing before Ep 5 is done and we'll see about that!

Hello Mr. Cory;

How are you doing today ? I hope all is well and i want you to know that this deal is getting more late for me and i will not like to get messed up with it.

I want you to know that if i don't get the payment latest by Thursday i will not think other wise to stop the transaction and find someone who will be willing to do it and follow my instruction cause u are given me lots of problem here right now.

If not for the stupid reaction you make i believe the transaction should have been made and even i thought the post box you went to open, I thought you wanted to use it for the consignment not knowing that you are thinking of sending a check from their.

Make sure you gets back to me as early as possible.

Best Regard
Mr. Nelson.

..............................................................................................

Dear Mr. Nelson

Please, I pray that you will be patient, it must take some time for a letter to get all the way to Nigeria! I know that we can make this transaction work for both of us, but it disturbs me that you have to resort to calling me hurtful names like you just did. I prefer to call myself 'special', never stupid, because that is a very negative term which damages my frail self-esteem, which I have worked so hard to rebuild after failing to save the Ralari.

I hope you are not serious about finding someone else for the deal! I thought we already had an arrangement to see this through to our mutual benefit?! - and I'm sure you would not want any officials at the Bank of Africa to somehow be alerted to the nature of the deal before you secured your share. I'm sorry that in my excitement I didn't follow your instructions, but I'm sure you will agree that it will be best for us both if we finish the deal together as planned.

...............................................................................................

Took me a little longer than expected to get the print quality and paper texture right, but it's finally on its way :D. - and the postage was only 90 cents! :).

Attachments

• check001.jpg
    check001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 202
I hope you are not serious about finding someone else for the deal! I thought we already had an arrangement to see this through to our mutual benefit?! - and I'm sure you would not want any officials at the Bank of Africa to somehow be alerted to the nature of the deal before you secured your share. I'm sorry that in my excitement I didn't follow your instructions, but I'm sure you will agree that it will be best for us both if we finish the deal together as planned.

Is this an implied threat that you may report him to the Bank of Africa? I like it, might make him more paranoid in his next message to you.

Isn't it illegal to make a fake check? I'm pretty sure that's what they arrested Catch Me If You Can for.

While I am not qualified to say something about the US system, as far as I know from the German criminal law, such an obvious fake check wouldn't count. More importantly, you have to have the intent that your check will be really used in the financial flow and give yourself an advantage. I doubt that McGruff has that intent.

Edit: Hmm, my wording is probably not very clear.

Is this an implied threat that you may report him to the Bank of Africa? I like it, might make him more paranoid in his next message to you.

Yup, I figured that the subtle threat would be good psychology to make him think that I was actually sweating about losing the fortune, which in turn should make him more likely to believe that my check is the real thing - and actually take Maniac to the bank.

That's considerably less than what I would have thought it would be. Is it Air mail?

Surprisingly, air mail was the only available option for a small envelope, surface shipping is only used for larger packages.

While I am not qualified to say something about the US system, as far as I know from the German criminal law, such an obvious fake check wouldn't count. More importantly, you have to have the intent that your check will be really used in the financial flow and give yourself an advantage. I doubt that McGruff has that intent.

Sounds good to me :). Not to mention that it's going to a career criminal who probably doesn't want to attract undue attention to himself by making a stink. I will be waiting for his next response with "ANTICIPATION".

Isn't it illegal to make a fake check? I'm pretty sure that's what they arrested Catch Me If You Can for.

Yeah but its one of those things...

Either 1. You're in too far to back out now, so might as well go all the way.

or

2. You just don't know the meaning of what "going too far" is...

I'll let you guys decide which McGruff is...

I swear to god I come here weakly looking forward to seeing updates on this thread alone. Better then those stupid drama shows my girl watches!

Back