Nigerian Scammer

Edfilho said:
I really don't think this is a good idea.

Tend to agree with Ed on this one. Although I must confess that I do find it somewhat entertaining watching two people going back and forth, stringing one another along to see how far they can push it. I still want to echo the others in urging you to be safe, though, McGruff.

The Wing Commander references are hysterical, though, I must say. ;)

McGruff said:
Nice! A physical address . I'm thinking it might just be worth the cost of shipping to Nigeria just to send him a special care package. Any foul suggestions from fellow CICers??

My answer is not a serious one (i.e. I don't think you should do it), but at a time like this, what better gift is there to give that brings the Wing Commander concept home than one of those smiling Maniac thumbs-up posters addressed to "My #1 Fan" ?? :D

I like the idea of sending a smiling Maniac thumbs-up picture signed "to my number #1 fan". :) If you are really going to send him anything, I would go with that.

I agree with others who have posted in that you need to be real careful here and not give this guy any real information. You don't want to give him anything that would let him know who you really are or where you may be located. The safest thing to do would probably be to just stop responding.

Well you said you're a groomer, why not some dog crap?

That was my first thought, but postal regulations might come back to bite me.

.....what better gift is there to give that brings the Wing Commander concept home than one of those smiling Maniac thumbs-up posters addressed to "My #1 Fan" ?? :D

Awesome idea!! Does anyone have a picture they can post so I can print it out?

Of course I'll be careful to not give him any more information than he already has. It will be mailed from another city, and the return address will be for Corey Feldman's official fan club or whatever I can find :D.

Hello Mr.Cory;

It is quit days now since i haven't heard from you, I hope their is no problem and i will like to know how well u are preparing for the transaction.

I want you to know that i have gotten the identification card scanned and waiting to hear from you before i get it sent.

In case their is any problem i will like you to get me inform cause i don't want this transaction to be delayed and also will not want anyone to get involve in this transaction.

I want you to know that i have have gotten every documents needed for this transaction ready and all i am waiting for now is the payment even though it is not complete for now we need to get the little amount available now so i can make all necessary changes immediately.

I really need to hear from you to know if we are proceeding in the transaction or not.

Waiting for your respond in "ANTICIPATION".

Best Regards
Mr. Nelson.

..............................................................................................................

Hello, I am sorry that I have not written to you sooner, but things have been so absolutely fubar at the store lately. An infuriated frothing Maltese managed to get free of its tethers and went totally amok across the way at the Orange Julius before ironically terrorizing the folks at 'Hot Dog on a Stick' for forty minutes until the mall swat-team was able to neutralize it. - But I won't bother you with my problems right now - problems which will all be a thing of the past very soon (Sivar Willing). I was only waiting to get the copy of your identification, though you didn't include it with your message? I so very much want to believe that this is all real, but maybe it is all too good to be true?? Please tell me it's not so, I just don't know what I would do if this once in a lifetime deal didn't go through.

As for the small sum, I have it all safely tucked away in my special place awaiting your response.

Your Friend,
Mr. Feldman

Hello Mr. Cory;

How is your weekend ? I hope you have a nice rest.

I want to know if you have gotten the email i sent to you and to know when you will be sending the money because time is not on our side and you know we need to clear this transaction before anyone gets to know about it.a

I want you to know that the earlier we make this transaction the better chance we have on it and you know that we can't afford to loose this transaction at this moment.

Mr. Cory i will want you to give me your contact details so i will be able to do the changes on the documents as soon as the money is been send.

Here are the details you will need to provide .... Full name,address,city,state,country,zip code and phone number.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards
Mr. Nelson.

............................................................................................

Hello, good to hear from you!

Weekends are actually the busiest time for me at work, but regardless, I've been just peachy thinking about the changes which are about to take place in my life! All I can think about is how before I know it, I'll be able to buy the shop outright, and maybe even have Hans mopping up poochy piddle for me for a change, Hehee!

I received your email, but somehow I could not view the picture from my computer, would you mind sending it again? At first I had a difficult time trying to figure out how to provide you with a mailing address so that I could get mail from you without worrying about Hans intercepting your precious package, but then I realized that all I would have to do is go to the local post office and rent a mailbox there, it only cost me $26, and they will only give mail to me personally. So here is the information you require for the official transfer form....

Mr. Cory Feldman
...(made up P.O. box)...

I can't risk giving out my phone number because the line here at the apartment is not private, and the phone at the Pampered Pekanese would be out of the question. Even if Hans never finds out about our arrangement, he is very jealous and suspicious by nature and is predisposed to unfounded coniptions. I figure that any number will do for our purpose since secrecy is so important and I would be simply terrified if a bank official contacted me and started asking scary questions.

Finally, when the time comes, I would very much like to deliver your share of the fortune in person if at all possible. With that much money, I could travel and see places around the world that I could never have dreamed of before, maybe you could even show me around your city if you wouldn't mind?? At the very least, I owe you a fabulous night on the town.

Thank you so so much,
Mr. Feldman

..............................................................................................

Hello Mr.Cory;

I want you to know that i understand all you said in your last mail and i will be looking forward to hearing from you as this transaction is going.

I want you to know that the documents can't be change until the money is been issued out and that's mean you will have to make up the money as fast as you can and i believe you will be able to do that today via western union.

I will not want this transaction to be too late before its been done.

As for the identification, I will be attaching it below to this mail so you can go through it again.

I want to use this opportunity to thank you very much for your well understanding on this transaction and i pray it fortified us both at the end and that's why i didn't want it to be too late before it is done.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you in "ANTICIPATION".

Best Regards
Mr. Nelson.

........................................................................................................

I got the picture this time! I'm so, so happy!! Though I must admit that you look quite different than I had imagined. Funny how that happens when you've been talking with someone for so long and haven't had the chance to see his face.

Not being familiar with how Western Union works, and being more comfortable with my secret post office box, I went to the bank with my saved cash and bought a certified cashier's check in the amount of $724.00 as requested. Without giving away our secret, I told the bank clerk that it would be sent to a relative in another country, and she told me that it could be cashed in any part of the world for an equal amount in that country's currency. It will be on the way to your address as soon as possible, in fact I'm going to take the day off from work tomorrow and be the first one in line at the post office!! Just wait until I am able to tell Hans what I really think of his so called pedicure skill!!!

I will be waiting in anticipation for you to tell me that it has arrived safely and that the transaction is in order.

Thank You!
Mr. Feldman

Attachments

• scammer1.jpg
    scammer1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 185
I was kicking around the options, and finally decided to go with a variation of the #1 Fan suggestion (Thanks X FIREFALCON and Wedge009). My buddy whipped up some nice two-sided official looking payment for my 'friend' - I even carefully made little perforations along the top with an x-acto knife. I can just imagine the look on his face when he tries to cash it. :D

Attachments

• checkfront1.jpg
    checkfront1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 229
Bank of Goddard? T Marshall? Cheesy Maniac portrait in background? Very amusing... if you don't get yourself killed that is.

Eh, come on, get killed? :) The guy's in Nigeria, and he's scamming to earn a living - he's not exactly top of the "people most likely to come to the US to kill someone in revenge" list, even had McGruff given him his real address.

I am impressed, it looks very good. (I am also a bit shocked how easy it seems to be to make good official looking forgeries).

But one question I wanted to ask since the beginning: why "Hans"? :)

Hello Mr. Cory;

I am so happy to hear from you and i want you to know that i do appreciate this a lot but the only problem is that we are doing this in a secret and that mean you shouldn't have gotten a cashier check for this cause i will not be able to get it cash here.

Not that it is forbidding or un-cashable but the bank will get to know about the check and whom it came from and as well what i wanted to use it for that's why i ask you to send it through western union which will be more safer than that.

The post office will as well take up to seven days before the check gets here while western union is just 30 minutes from the time you are sending it so i will want you to try and return the check that your relative said he is no longer interested in the money.

Mr. Cory i will want you to try and follow my orders so as to make this transaction successful cause any mistake could break this transaction up and i will not want that to happen at all.

I will want you to just go to the bank and return the check then go to another bank and obtain a western union form then you fill it and give them the money.

I will get the money cash here immediately i have the confirmation and that will be the SENDER'S NAME,MTCN NUMBER,TEXT QUESTION AND ANSWER.

I will be waiting to here from you in "ANTICIPATION"

Best Regards
Mr.Nelson.

...................................................................................................

But it's already on its way!!! I really hope it's not a problem because it cost me a whole lot of money to do it. I paid the $724 for the amount of the check, plus another thirty dollars to purchase the check and cover the cost of exchanging U.S. dollars into your local currency when you cash it - so that there will be no fees that you will have to pay, AND the cost of mailing it to Nigeria, which wasn't cheap in itself. The clerk assured me that the process could be completely private. You will only need to show that you are the named recipient, but you can cash it anywhere and not have to explain to anyone what the money is for, so it will not lead to any suspicion for us. The cost will really make life hard for me for the next few months, but I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it when I get it in the end.

As always, your friend Mr. Feldman

............................................................................................

(It's actually going to be mailed this Saturday from another city :D)

Eh, come on, get killed? :) The guy's in Nigeria, and he's scamming to earn a living - he's not exactly top of the "people most likely to come to the US to kill someone in revenge" list, even had McGruff given him his real address.

Wrong. That guy will most certainly not come to the US. However he might have relatives, friends, ...
And its not like there weren't any reported killings in the whole Nigeria Scam history (albeit AFAIK all of them in Nigeria).

I think it's because there's no safety involved. Once you shell a Western Union money order out, you have no possibility to get your money back.

Back