New 3D Thread

I snuck out of bed to add a few details to the Concordia. Then suddenly it was 6 am. Totally worth it! zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I think it's time to admit you have a problem. :)

Great work as always! Question though: The deck surface ahead of the hangar bay doors looks curved and rough with deck plating. I assume you've gone a different route to the original where these where depicted as sort of extended runways, like a real carrier?

I snuck out of bed to add a few details to the Concordia. Then suddenly it was 6 am. Totally worth it! zzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Are the two...I hesitate to call them this...'nacelles' at the fore twin barrels of the Phase-Transit Cannon? Otherwise, Concordia 2.0 is looking awesome.

Are the two...I hesitate to call them this...'nacelles' at the fore twin barrels of the Phase-Transit Cannon? Otherwise, Concordia 2.0 is looking awesome.

Nope, just some forward cannon/launcher thing. The PTC will be underslung and gigantic, as before, just haven't gotten to it yet. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Added a few weapons emplacements and the beginnings of the PTC

Attachments

• Connie2.jpg
    Connie2.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 305
from the side it is just beyond gorgeous.. is it wrong to want to base a fan mod around a single ship model?

Great WIP images! I'm still learning how to model myself ;-)

from the side it is just beyond gorgeous.. is it wrong to want to base a fan mod around a single ship model?

It's not wrong at all. I tried importing models from the model pack into freespace but never managed it after days of trying :-(

I do too.. be that as it may.. it might be worth you rigging up a battle (rendering it) with a ton of ships.. sending it to me at high res and then me battle-ify-ing (explosions, FX, pretty pretty lasers, etc) it up prior to the birthday :D

I do too.. be that as it may.. it might be worth you rigging up a battle (rendering it) with a ton of ships.. sending it to me at high res and then me battle-ify-ing (explosions, FX, pretty pretty lasers, etc) it up prior to the birthday :D

Yes, I'll get right on that!

Beautiful work Klavs, I would so love to fly around in these. I wonder how mod able Squadron 42 will be, and if these could be used for a proper WC remake on there.

Beautiful work Klavs, I would so love to fly around in these. I wonder how mod able Squadron 42 will be, and if these could be used for a proper WC remake on there.

I doubt you'll be able to mod SQ42 any more than any single player story campaign, which is to say, not at all. The Star Citizen private server option is a different story. Maybe you could build your own missions using the persistent universe as a backdrop. Offline, of course.

"They're not really 'runways'. They're catapult configured tractor beam arrays that we use to accelerate strike craft for launch and recovery. In a standard atmosphere, the fighters would very easily be going supersonic (and then some) due to the acceleration we give them. The pilot doesn't really feel that thanks to their IC rig, but we can save eardrums and spare thermal damage by doing it out in the vac. Even with the added bonus of ramscoops, for small ships with limited propellant, any 'free' delta V we can impart equates to gas they can use to fight, and still have plenty left for rendezvous and recovery."

-Camilla Egans, Tractor Beam Techician 'Airdale', TCS Concordia

Attachments

• connie3.jpg
    connie3.jpg
    991.8 KB · Views: 294
Hmph. I should have known you would have an answer ready. In fiction response, no less. Very well then...

You seriously need to put together a website with all of these and all the little fiction snippets, it would be awesome.

Back