Nephilim

Originally posted by Fishbone
Hear the other wingmen talk? Are you sure you didn't want to say nerve? :D
Trying to be serious: They really mostly said the same. It was annoying and after the third time I wished to have the possibility to turn it off. But it wasn't there... :(
Okay the combat atmosphere was 'realistic', but to a good combat belong messages/orders from central. The orders, which came in that direction out of the Midway-CIC were very few.

I liked to hear all the insults going between the bugs and my wingmen / the other wing. Or when Hawk tells his wing to get into formation and such, it added very much to the atmosphere IMHO.
Isn't there the possibilty to cancel all non-plot-critical in-flight messages?

Who cares? Its always good to hear some banter! I quite liked the graphics and gameplay. I played WCIII, WCIV and thought...wow...what a step up in tech!

But yes, the crew was full of attitude. Something that I felt belonged more on a BW ship. Border Worlders were more disciplined!

Also, why is Hawk back with ConFed?

Don't know. But I also don't know what happened to the BW after the conflict.
But why are BW-crews more disciplined? That's new for me.

I'd say Hawk is back with Confed because Blair invited him to the Midway after meeting him in WC4. Same goes with the Midway's captain, since off-the-ship, Blair does out rank him.

That sounds about right. Someone got invited to the Midway or something... ;)

Possible. :)
But I never got the impression, Wilford/Blair/Hawk understood each other so well. They worked together. But trying to serve at the same ship?

Originally posted by Fishbone
Don't know. But I also don't know what happened to the BW after the conflict.
But why are BW-crews more disciplined? That's new for me.

Agreed. If anything, it would it would be the opposite. I think Border Worlds pilots would be a lot like those of the Landreich, blowing off rules and regulations that get in the way of doing the job *they* think it should be done. Which, of course, makes them my favorite faction. Confed is a little too stuffy for my taste. :D

Best, Raptor

Nope! :)
I don't have all the details, but the Border Worlds are definitely separate from the Landreich, led by their charismatic leader Maximilian Kruger... :cool:

LOAF might provide you with more information...

The Landreich is within the boundries of the Border Worlds, but isn't a part of the UBW. They're two seperate countries, bordering each other. They buffer the (now former) Kilrathi Empire and Confed, if I remember correctly.

They kinda blur that in WC4Novel, with Richards being that CinC of the UBW fleet, when in False Colors, he is the CinC of Landriech fleets.

WCP

WCP was a fun game but it wasn't what I'd hoped for, well not quite.

It looked good but the lack of interaction made more of a movie then an interactive game.

I don't rate WCP in my top three WC game I'd say WC3 + 4 then Priveteer 1 then the rest after.

It was fun beating and enemy that was so threatening so easily.

Originally posted by Sabre
They kinda blur that in WC4Novel, with Richards being that CinC of the UBW fleet, when in False Colors, he is the CinC of Landriech fleets.

Richards wasn't Commander in Chief of the Landreich fleets. He commanded *a* battlegroup. Kruger was in command of the Landreich Fleets.

TC

Does anyone here thinks that the director messed up Hawk's character in WCP? He was too cold-hearted, not the same as he was in WC4. His personality was much more likeable in WC4 IMO. But I wished Hawk wouldnt had died though.

I think that both Hawks (WC4 and WCP) are the same.both a cold-hearted and they want to kill kilrathis.

Back