Nephilim

I stand corrected. It seems that WC:p does save screencaps for you.

Though I'd still rather do it the old-fashioned way, because it gives me more immediate control over the image.

And it's also easilier if you want to create a collagé. Then you can paste the images immidiately together in one pic.
In that case the Prophecy-method is more complicated. It depends of what you want to do. If you only want to see one pic P. seems easilier to handle. :)

Actually he missed a hell of a lot. Prophecy is pretty much the current state of the Confederation and without having played that, hes missing out on a big chunk of information.

Originally posted by Fishbone
So much you didn't miss. :)
But Prophecy was great, and had tons and tons of new imformation in it. Not to mention it was cool as hell.

Ok, it was good enough,that I got interested in WC after having played it. Just the storys of the other games were better...that was the relation to my last post.
The informations were useful, but the game?
PS: That's a point again, where we could discuss days about. So lets forget it, because we'd never have a concrete result. WE discussed about it, often enough and we always had different opinions. :)

Prophecy still is fun in some ways.
For me it still has surprises. :)
It just has equal structues. Blow up the Aliens. Before they blow you up. Especially the last mission ends up in a massacre. I just always wondered why only a few people died in the whole game. In the last mission,where every pilot had 5 bugs or more around him, nobody died. It was little unrealistic. They only died so sporadic. And from the Midway crew the human touch also was. They were so cold. Eisen in WC4 seemed familiar, photos of his daughter... The only human scenes in P. were 3 or so in the whole game. Or: as the Bugs shot at the Midway, they sometimes hit it often. It lost 1 engine and maybe the Bridge was also little destroyed. But I never saw chaos scenes at the ship. For ex. when you land you see people running around, taking care of injured people...etc. Never! I mean if engines get lost, fire brakes out. So, there should have been many injured crew members. But nothing was happening.

WCP is great. I think it's actually my second favourite, after WC2. Or at least, it's up there right alongside WC4. I didn't much like the Confed ships in WCP (their looks, that is), but I liked the story and the characters. I enjoyed playing the plebe... not to mention flying with the great Heart of the Tiger :D.

I liked WC4 and P. equal. P. wasn't such a good story and the characters were okay till good. And it runs on my PC.
WC 4 the characters were good - very good, but the game doesn't run very well on my PC. Now it doesn't run any more I believe. And the story was compared with P. fantastic.
The ships were equal good at both games. I just wish, I could enter more-ship rooms in P.

Except that I got no possibilities to compare. The older games don't run on my PC and I never saw them. And SO, I am still looking for a possibility to get it. Maybe ever...:)

There wasn't enough interaction in WC:p to keep me really happy, like WC3 and 4 did. Admittingly, the game play on Prophecy was really cool and they did a great job on that, but the fact that the Captain was next to never around and there was a lack of cinema bothered me a tad. I wish they had kept the Prophecy script like it was originally, but they would've needed a budget ala WC4.

Fishbone: I know what it's like not to have the other games run on a computer, as does many other people on this board. I hate to say it but you're missing out on a lot with WC3. :(

I wish we could see the Prophecy script like it was originally :(. Anyway, I'm surprised that you'd complain about the Captain not being around... you're a 2nd Lieutenant, remember? :)

What drove me nuts about WC:p was everybody was full of attitude all the time. Good-natured ribbing is one thing, but in WC:p, everyone was acting like they had a migraine, all the time. Even the "good job" messages made me want to say, "Bite me."

-The Gneech ("Well, it looks like you aren't totally incompetent after all, you worthless loser. You make me sick.")

For me WCP's strength is its great fun-ratio. I never had as much fun in blowing ships up as in WCP, the combat atmosphere was very good, especially that you can hear the other wingmen talk.

Hear the other wingmen talk? Are you sure you didn't want to say nerve? :D
Trying to be serious: They really mostly said the same. It was annoying and after the third time I wished to have the possibility to turn it off. But it wasn't there... :(
Okay the combat atmosphere was 'realistic', but to a good combat belong messages/orders from central. The orders, which came in that direction out of the Midway-CIC were very few.

...except that the WC Legacy timeline is also the Aces Timeline, which has a whole lot of stuff in it that's not canon...or even stuff that makes sense.

EDIT: But it's WC:p section is canon.

[Edited by Nep Parth on 07-09-2001 at 18:49]

Back