My Tolwyn Essay

The funny thing is you did exactly what I expected to you. I never said that I was a military historian, or made up something to support my claims, so kindly don't put words in my mouth.

I do not have rank or a serial number to give you. However, there are many choice words I could use, but your anger makes me giggle and fumble around like a man on ether. :)

As for soldiers who die, I think that tends to be a hazzard of war.
If Patton said to attack, he must have a goddamned good reason, you think? Sure, it's easy to analyze and find fault in any military action in hindsight, but Patton was a man who was larger than life and had the record to back himself up.

I don't know if I could order men to their deaths either. Maybe assholes or even Kevin J Anderson for all those terrible Star Wars books. :)

You asking me to "Stay the f*** out and let real soldiers do the job." makes me wonder if you are in the armed services. If you are, I salute you for making my life as a civilian a much better place. If you are not in the service, your last sentence is just plain silly, and you should write one-liners for Jerry Bruckheimer movies.

I have never considered military service mainly because I would probably go out of my skull and become a bloodlusting nutbag who had his thoughts and memories splattered all over some 3rd World Nation's dusty peach soil. Nah, not for me.

Originally posted by TC
There's a free realplayer there too... you just have to look a little harder.

TC

allright, i cant find it. and the divx ones are not getting sound. where can i get the players and codecs i need?

there should be a link for the DivX codecs around the bottom half of the page, its there, cause i had to download it too.

Originally posted by $tormin

allright, i cant find it. and the divx ones are not getting sound. where can i get the players and codecs i need?

If you go to http://www.real.com head to the bottom right hand corner of the page. There will be a section called Free Downloads. Click on the one for Real Player. The link sort of lies. It takes you to a page talking about the joy of Real Player Plus (the one you have to pay for) However, just below that, currently on a gray bar in small blue type is the link for the free version. This link may take you to the registration page, but if not the above directions will.

http://www.real.com/R/RC.RPC1011_h2...1realhome_2,011011rpchoice_h2&dc=111311121111

Fill out the form, and go with the minimal dowload, most of the other stuff is junk, especially if you have a slow connection. Hope this helps.

They don't make any money on the free one. I noticed Quicktime has the new Star Wars Trailer, but if you want to view the largest screen image, you need to buy Quicktime pro.

Remember Tolwyn saluting Blair on the Intrepid

If you remember one of my postings of how I discussed Tolwyn saluting Blair, I think that might provide insight as to what kind of person Tolwyn became. I had asked people if they thought that the reason Tolwyn saluted Blair on the Intrepid when Blair releases him was because deep down in his broken heart there was one shred of humanity that still cherished the Christopher Blair that Tolwyn remembered. Tolwyn always considered Blair to be the kind of guy who always appeared to believe that situations would always work out no matter how hopeless they'd appear to be. That kind of Blair characteristic was something Tolwyn respected. The way I see it, Tolwyn did still respect Blair's optimum optimistic personality, but Tolwyn, despite Blair defeating the Kilrathi, had just too much rage built up from the hells he had to endure during the Confederation-Kilrathi War. Remember, Tolywn, I think according to the Fleet Action novel, lost his wife and kids to the Kilrathi attacks. Tolwyn had to sacrifice good men and women in the Battle For Earth. Tolwyn's long overdue promotion to Space Marshall came, I think like a few years after the war. Tolwyn lost the Behemoth because of the Kilrathi Hobbes giving away its location. I think that not being enabled to release his vengeance on the Kilrathi by firing the Behemoth Main Cannon button to blow Kilrah into oblivion finally pushed Tolwyn over the edge to the point where he couldn't take it anymore.

Shane: The Star Wars teaser looks good. I think the most curious thing is how Anakin first has a green lightsabre in the shot with Obi Wan. But in the last shot where he's trading blows with the new (presumably) Sith warrior he's got a blue one. Does that mean anything?...

Chip: The scene where Tolwyn salutes Blair, I think, is just part of Tolwyn's act. That whole sequence is just Tolwyn fooling Blair and the salute was part of it.

Hmmm

I disagree Mr Penguin. I think Tolwyn saluted Blair due to their honorable professions. Even in the presence of the enemy, you must still respect rank and positions of duty. There is also a sort of understanding between warriors when in the military too. Sort of like the "soldier's plight," or something.

Tolwyn, IMHO, was simply doing the honorable thing and saluted his captor as a sign of respect. Tolwyn is so militarized and crazed that I think he respected Blair more as a BW pilot than under his command because now he was seeing first hand Blair's effectiveness. Plus, Blair was technically acting captain!

Dunno how to explain effectively. It's like an understanding between people in the profession of arms. Kinda' wierd, huh?

I'm fairly sure I know what professional courtesy is about. However as far as Tolwyn is concerned he needs to A) get off the Intrepid and back to Confed and B) don't let Blair learn anything that might screw up Tolwyn's master plan. So I believe the salute was part of the act. Also at this time, regardless of Blair's effectiveness and their history together, Blair has defected from Confed. That makes him a traitor and I don't think traitors are to be saluted, no matter the circumstances. From Tolwyn's viewpoint of course.

Originally posted by Penguin
Shane: The Star Wars teaser looks good. I think the most curious thing is how Anakin first has a green lightsabre in the shot with Obi Wan. But in the last shot where he's trading blows with the new (presumably) Sith warrior he's got a blue one. Does that mean anything?...

It means he switched lightsabers. We've seen it happen before. :)

I'd say who the Sith is, but that would be telling. If anyone wants to see the more recent of the two trailers, the "Mystery" trailer, for Episode II, it's linked on my profile. It's a small lil Quicktime movie, but it's better than jack squat.

I Stand Corrected

You're right Mr Penguin. I didn't take into consideration Blair being a traitor (it was the whole "I'm a defector but really still a good guy," thing that Origin put in my head with WC4). So, yes, to Tolwyn, Blair is a junkyard dog...

... SO HE WANTED TO TURN AROUND AND KICK HIM IN THE CHOPS!

~ Best Line in the Game

Re: I Stand Corrected

Yep, the bad guys always get the best lines. They just don't get to back them up. :)

Best, Raptor

I Know

You would think that a man like Tolwyn with a ship like the Vesuvius, he'd be able to carry out his line and send the Saint Helens and the Intrpid running for their money!

"Yes... it is the men, isn't it?"

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmn straight!

:cool:

Re: I Know

Especially considering that the enemy was a rag-tag bunch of half trained Border Worlders flying ships that were decades out of date. I think the Master Race probably believed a little too much of their own propaganda, and thought they would simply have to show up to win. :)

Best, Raptor

Back