My Tolwyn Essay

but it was blair they were fighting :)
they didn't have a chance, if all blair had was an ejection pod with a laser strapped to it he still could have won :D

Originally posted by $tormin
but it was blair they were fighting :)
they didn't have a chance, if all blair had was an ejection pod with a laser strapped to it he still could have won :D

We can simulate this in Privateer 2.

Originally posted by LeHah
If anyone wants to see the more recent of the two trailers, the "Mystery" trailer, for Episode II, it's linked on my profile. It's a small lil Quicktime movie, but it's better than jack squat.

Having trouble with the link. I assume it got yanked.

I really think Tolwyn envied Blair's optimism

Honestly, I don't think it was just an act at all. I mean, if it was an act, why would Tolwyn take out time to even do it at all? Tolwyn would've been more inclined to shake Blair's hand and maybe shake the hands of some of the other crew personnel. It was the way Tolwyn looked at Blair that I conclude that a piece of Tolwyn did respect Blair's optimism. Try looking a and saluting exactly like the way Tolwyn did and then tell me how you feel.

Quite honestly, I think that you're looking waaaay too much into this... it's a salute. Are you going to look for a hidden message in the way the fabric of Tolwyn's uniform folds when he moves about? Hey, maybe the shine of lights on his boots is actually a secret message to the hapless Colonel, and it was the only way to transmit it or something.

Sarcastic enough?

There *are* hidden messages in the uniforms, though -- Seether and Blair wear the same ribbons, ordered oppositely. :)

RE My Tolwyn Essay

I completely agree to your essay on Tolwyn being both an exceptional strategic leader who aided mankind & being the tyrant who nearly wiped out all traces of humananity. Evidence from Action Stations-

"Tough kid," Ulandi said. "Got the stuff of a damn good commander." Turner nodded. "As long as he just remembers
what the hell it is he's fighting for."

-shows that Towlyn would achieve great things if he kept his mind focussed on the greater task at hand, and not allow his personal views to cloud his judgement.

BTW I'm new to the message board and its good to see a good topic on Tolwyn. :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There *are* hidden messages in the uniforms, though -- Seether and Blair wear the same ribbons, ordered oppositely. :)

Ohhhhh... so then Seether is actually Blair's long lost brother, as both of them were genetically enhanced clones bent on universal destruction! But then Blair got the hots for Devereaux, so he decided "hey, I'll just kill the Kilrathi for a while and grow old on a farm". But then Angel died, so Blair was all "Dude!" and Maniac went "No way!" and then Blair went and settled down with Rachel (of all people!) on Nephele, and then he watched his old Star Wars films, only to find out that Vader was the metaphor for Tolwyn!

Never... never have more caffeine than you can handle on a day like this. I think I'm gonna go over to a corner, pass out and drown in my own spewdom.

You feeling okay, Saturnyne? Not often like this...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
We can simulate this in Privateer 2.
Wha? They have lasers on eject pods in P2? I suppose it might make ejecting worthwhile.

Isn't sticking armaments on ejection pods sort of defeating the purpose of ejecting? I mean once you eject you're essentially a non-combatant. If you're floating out there in your pod taking shots don't you think that's going to make your safe return even less likely...

I suppose it'd be there for crazy maniacs who would shoot you even after ejecting. Or even for the odd asteroid or so. Unless you're crazy, you wouldn't shoot enemies who had left you alone after you had ejected.

Back