Movie Madness? WCM2??

I hope that those "new" and "not related to UO" will keep Origin alive.
Bullfrog ended under EA, I do not wish the same fate to Origin.....

Though I'm furiously knocking on wood, I daresay that that's where I see this heading. All development cancelled... once the UO project ends, I think OSI will just get dissolved.

For those that are going to say I'm just a pessimist, you're right. But then, has EA ever proven me wrong? It was overly optimistic to hope that OSI would have gotten to WC again any time soon, but now, well. I don't think it'll happen.

Our only hope is that EA will have the sense to liscense out WC to someone else to produce a game.

I have to wonder how C-berts feels about all this.

westwood

westwood sucks. i hate westwood. i hate EA. they ruin everything. westwood used to be good, the first few years they made good games, then they started pumping out those dune and c&c games, now they're making some dumb MMOG game. boo.

There is no need to call either EA or Weastwood name, just dont buy games from then.
That sends the message across.....also its the best way to hurt then...
Until, of course, a good game (like WING COMMANDER) is made...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Origin cancelled UO2 and Harry Potter.
Wow... so it's not just WC, then. :) I understand the UO vs UO2 argument, but surely Harry Potter wouldn't do badly would it? In any case, a new WC game wouldn't do any worse than a Harry Potter game.

Originally posted by mpanty
The analogy with Star Wars is painful, yet necessary: the Star Wars series have managed to create a mix of dense action with a stunningly diverse background, where there are not only space battles, there's a real link and identification with the characters...

But please, don't turn Hobbes into...

Ja Ja Binks!!!!

I swear I wanted to kill that freak....hang on, still do! :)

Hobbes as Jar Jar ??? If someone should play a role like Jar Jar, Maniac is the man !

In response to what happend at origin all I can say is "not good". This is quite disapointing especially since they seem to have a nack for canceling new programs when they have alread spent loads of money on development.

The Harry Potter license also did cost money for EA to have it....
EA is trowing money out the window, no wonder that they got cash flow problems.
UO2 cost time and money, it was older in developent that Westwood game, it also had a fan base under it, why did Westwood game had gone ahead ?
Is Westwood part of EA or is independante and EA ponly does the publish/destribution part?

Its just an idea but if EA piss off the UO camp the Harry Potter camp the wing commander camp and any other camp I might have missed or they will piss off soon I think EA is going to go broke as noone will buy their software. When they go broke which they will with too many people boycotting them the WC copyright will go into a gray zone like System Shock then we can do what ever we like in the WCU including hacking it ect because it will be semi legal.

Probaly won't happen but who knows?? ;)

I'd say Origin and Westwood are subsiduary companies of EA (after all, on the Privateer box it has "Origin We Create Worlds an Electronic Arts Company")

Being a subsiduary it is controlled by EA, perhaps with a limited amount of autonomy.

Why oh why can't we return to Origin We Create Worlds? and perhaps create many worlds...FOR PRIVATEER ONLINE! :)

* redwolf revels in the cheers from the assembly crowd!

I just thought of something. If ea/osi were to go 'out of business', what would happen to all the WC rights and licenses. Would they be up for grabs, or just free reign? And if the were up for grabs, maybe we should persuade another company to acquire them. Who knows, maybe this is what the WC fans have been waiting for.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
I just thought of something. If ea/osi were to go 'out of business', what would happen to all the WC rights

Nothing I guess, they would be hanging around until someone would buy them again. That's what happened to the Elite/Frontier series.

AHHHHH

Sorry guys but you are killing the posts like kilrathi killed humans on Sirius prime!!!

Come on this post is about a sequel to the wc movie and not about EA firing people !!!
Please open a new post and start to talk abou this sh** elsewhere!!!

I posted that because its a relevant question that have something to do with WC universe.
Whaterver we like it or not WC universe license belongs to Origin that is part of EA, Origin future is a matter of EA internal policy, Origin could close its door right now if EA high up decided that just now ant there is nothing that we, the fans, can do about it.
Now with OU2 over, we fear the worst....
(Also as LOAF said in the main page, U fans suported WC fans, a little suport from us sould be made)
As for a next WC Film......
Very unlikely to be made, WCM did not made well since it sufered cut form various reasons (run out of money at the wrong time, parts was cut [the traitor part was cut, that made the whole pelegrim thing look out of place], etc..) and bad marketing (show in lisbon in one cinema).

And even if they make another WC movie, wich would be nice, I bet that they would realese it at the same of of, hummm... let's see... SW Episode 2. Now THAT'S marketing !!!

Same IP

Hey Dragon you and shooter got the same ip adress !
However This post belongs to wc2movie and not to this damn ea thing !!
What i can't stand is that you just continue to talk about something that is as important as a pissing fly in south afrika is for you!!
AHHH and now you've gotten me to talk about this s*** too!
OK all i wanna say is that Wing Commander is dead !!!
It died when Chris Roberts left Origin and some dump guys startet to make their own version of wc.
Some guys like prophecy and S.O. but its not the original and thats why i don't care about origin or Ea anymore because it has nothing to do with WING COMMANDER!!!

Shooter and I are from the same country, Portugal, its small, and that must nean that we use the same IP, that is cable (the only IP cable in here) or part of the IP greater network(netsapo, etc....)
As for the movie based on WC2...
Oh boy, I wonder if that movie was made ("if" being the word) would Tolwyn be......
The Super Rear Admiral
Yes, with his super powers, Tolwyn is able to see cloak fighters, destroy Capship with his PTC eye rays and see naked crew members or blue kilrathi....

If WC M was not very good, a WC M2 would.......worst.

Back