Movie Madness? WCM2??

No, seriously, why would we want another WC movie anyway? I like the first one, even that I only saw it when it came out on video (everyone knows that is very diferent that watching it in the cinema), but making a second one would be ,and this is my personal opinion folks, an insult to every WC fans out there. What we realy want is another game, not a low budget production. I wish that EA would listen to this, but they are very busy now, redirecting people to the exit door. And the only guy with ideas to make a second movie is now taking a espiritual retreat in Tibet, so don't hold your breath.

Why??? Even if you liked the movie ( I happen to like it in a mindless action movie sort of way) most WC fans want to experience a movie going experience that remains true to it's origins in the games while at the same time they want to sit down and be totally blown away by the awesomeness of what they just experienced . I want to come out of the theater my heart racing with excitment ( because it was so damn cool) and my nuckles bare from ripping the seat cushions! I honestly probably only liked the WC movie be cause it was (sort of) wing commander. (plus the fact that I tend to have a soft spot for sci-fi).

Whether or not you think WC is dead or You think that If they did try again they'd botch it, Any WC fan wishes in his heart to one day go to the theater/ or store and watch/ or pick up the new WC product and when it starts/ or you turn it on, you experience something better or at least par with your fondest memories of Wing Commander!

-AD

Sequals are usually worst that the first movie.(with the notable execption of Star Wars, were Episode IV,V and VI top the other ones, now Episode I on the other hand....)
I am not against a new Movie based on Wing Commander but the WC M was very lacking IMHO, I get better space battles in WCATV.
The Movie got several problems, as I said before, many things were cut.
Now if a "Directors cut" ediction was made, perhaps it would became better (instead of the usual +2 hours in directors cut movies).
A new movie needs a good script and some decent actors, I will not be just put "wing commander" and became a instant movie, there are many work in WC Universe, that sould be used (also why did it had to be Blair? I was expecting that the movie was in the first stages of the war [action stations] that was more easy to make [since little was put in details,is not the novel that I am talking about, but what happened after that] and it would help to fill the holes, not to make more admendements the universe)

Originally posted by Dragon
Sequels are usually worst that the first movie (with the notable exception of Star Wars, were Episode IV, V and VI top the other ones, now Episode I on the other hand...)

Mmmmhhh... Yes Dragon, sadly that has become a "convention" for movie viewers and critics: sequels are usually worse than the first movie... :(

Star Wars does not count as an exception, as it was meant originally to be a TRILOGY, hence it does not fall in the "sequels" category...
We can add Alien to the "exception" list, but that is considered as a trilogy as well... Alien 4 was amazing though, not necessarily better, but still good... so it can belong to the list...

Some say The Godfather II is also part of the list, although the Godfather movies can be considered as a trilogy as well...
And despite what people say, I thought Mission Impossible 2 was also amazing...

Add to that Toy Story 2 and Scream 2, and you have a nearly complete list...
I would like to thank myself for this research, that took... 10 minutes of my precious time. :)

For those who are more interested, check these sites:

http://s22.pni.philly.com/inquirer/2000/Oct/21/magazine/VID21.htm
http://www.rpgamer.com/editor/editorials/072999jm.html

[Edited by mpanty on 03-22-2001 at 20:02]

The movie in its current form *is* the directors cut -- it was the final cut decided by Chris Roberts, the director.

(People have trouble understanding this with the lengthened version of Dune -- just because there are other scenes filmed doesn't mean that the director wanted them in the final version... scenes are often cut for very good reasons).

As for sequels that are better than the original: Star Trek.

That said, we've got Star Trek, Star Wars and Aliens... which, while being the minority of movies, is just about every profitable sci fi movie series, isn't it?

Sorry, I nean directors cut like the one that kevin costner did with "dances with wolves", put the extra stuff that in there (like the "traitor" part that was cut because the test audience did not understand it, well with it cut it gets worst)

Originally posted by Raptor
As for sequels that are better than the original: Star Trek.

And let's not forget Terminator 2. The Terminator rocked, but Judgement Day left it in the dust.

Best, Raptor

Did you see T2 Titanium Edition?? That, was the best!! All deleted scenes. Two DVD's!!

Originally posted by mpanty

And despite what people say, I thought Mission Impossible 2 was also amazing...

Add to that Toy Story 2 and Scream 2, and you have a nearly complete list...

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-23-2001 at 11:28]

I knew I would unleash fury upon me, for writing that... :p

All I have to say is that I never saw Scream 2 and Toy Story 2, I just made a brief research on the Internet, and they are two titles I have come up with.

As for MI2, mpanty really enjoyed it, FOR REAL!! Eminem says:
"So if you don't like that, you can su*k his fuc*ing co*k!!!" :p

Is it just me, or does every even numbered Star Trek sequel rock completely, and every odd numbered one suck hole? (Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, FIRST CONTACT)

Although I did like the motion picture and Generations, the rest just are...err...ew!

I think that's just one of those things everybody *wants* to believe... because we always go "Every even numbered Star Trek ruled, and the odd ones all sucked... *except*..." :)

Originally posted by Dragon
Sequals are usually worst that the first movie

Who wants a "sequel"?? I think that any future Wing Commander movie should be able to stand on it's own. Ignore the first movie and start from scratch (I've already posted some of my idea's). Imagine the turnout if the PR guys start promoting it as "The Highly Anticipated Follow-up to 1999's "Wing Commander"". I dont want a "Sequel", I want something fresh. Besides... we all want a masterpiece. But' I'll take what I can get.

-AD.

If they create something totally new in a WC game, which they did with WCP vs all the other WC games, we know how that turned out. Although a great game, it didnt exactly hold with alot of WC fans. Some didnt like the movies, some didnt like the missions and the "ease" of taking out the bugs. It will be quite a task for them in making the next WC game and have it stay in tune to what everyone is used to. Me, I dont care, I just want a new WC game! :)

RFBurns

At the time when i got Prophecy, i couldnt play WC3 or 4 because for some reason i just couldnt hit the target. I was too used to the WC1/2 way of doing things and my wingmen managed to kill all the targets before i could. So when Prophecy came around I loved it because it brought backt the style of gameplay that i loved. Of course since i have learned to play WC3 and 4 with ease but still I think Prophecy is a great game, the only complaints i have are about how the missions are kinda repetiteve (fixed in SO as far as im concerned) and fan complaints like not being able to see more of the Confed fleet (also fixed in SO)

Originally posted by redwolf
Is it just me, or does every even numbered Star Trek sequel rock completely, and every odd numbered one suck hole? (Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, FIRST CONTACT)

Although I did like the motion picture and Generations, the rest just are...err...ew!

This is called the Star Trek curse. Notice how Insurrection(9) sucked? The next one will kick boooty!

Dont jump on the bandwagon of it sucks cause everyone says so. As far as im concerned, the only really bad movie was 5. 3 wasnt spectacular so its automatically considered horrible. It was a good story with a great villian as well as the death of Kirk's son, the destruction of the Enterprise (the beginning of a disturbing trend) and the return of Spock. 1 was just boring not bad, as for Generations and Insurrection, they have the problem of being really decent 2 hour long episodes of the Next Generation, unlike First Contact which is a great Movie.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 03-23-2001 at 15:49]

Back