Most intense scene or experience?

Most memorable... would have to be using the Big Gun on the midway on the fleet. though I could (and did) take them all out myself.

Originally posted by BibbDoo
I always thought Spirit's death was pretty incredable...but then again there were many moments from WC2.

From Spirit's death to the sabotage on the flight deck, only to find that Jazz was behind it.:eek: .....oh man, that sure was intense...

I also must say that WC3 & 4's intros were very good as well. Definately, some of the few moments during which I have been saddened by a computer game series.

:rolleyes: Spirit's death was kinda sad she was like my favorit charecter always trying to cheer up the others as for wc 3 that was good to i loved the exclibure fighter wow what a fighter am in love! , wc 4 was excellent specialy the dragon fighter

Wc2's intro with spech was just amazing! Or hearing the WC1 sound/music for the first time with a Sound Blaster.

And Hobbes being the traitor was a hard thing too.

Most intense: that showdown with Tolwyn at the end of WC4, knowing that what you said determined the fate of humanity.

Best, Raptor

Mekt-Hakkikt, I completely agree with you: the intro scene of WC2 is definitely my best gaming experience, especially the speech (via soundblaster) of the emperor and his grandson.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
ahh, but something can be very crappy
Which is precisely theidea I was attempting to get accross by correcting Ghost's grammatical error.

I shall refer you to my previous comment directed at LeHah about being a smartass.

WC4: One of the only games that deserves the title EPIC

The beginning of WC4 had all the makings of an epic. The conflict, the pictures, the terror of the attack, the resounding music, the Senate. Everything tied in so well! I would even venture to say how could you NOT call it an epic?

The images of the Senate were truly spectacular. Here we have the pinnacle of civilised human governance and it is just as susceptable to a militaristic madman as any government of today is. McDowell captures the essence of these troubled times with his effortless political dialouge that seems so natural to Tolwyn's character. The mystery that he has been in WC3, the seeming inconsistencies of his character, seem stripped away in his forceful, resolute speech but I still felt that something was going on in the back of his mind. Was he afraid of what's to come, or is he in on it? It brought the mystery to a deeper level (in fact he was both, afraid of Humanity losing its way and he was the keystone in the plot)

Also the ending with Tolwyn. When I first played that I didn't know what to expect. It was so well done, so eloquent. I lost the first time and I thought I was winning it was that intense. You could see the conflict between two seasoned actors who played their parts to the letter.

Hamill the perfect hero, McDowell the perfect villain. The underdog versus the aloof, well politicised admiral. The drama was so strong it was the perfect complement to the beginning scene. It was not as flashy as the opening but it was far more dramatic. Whilst the opening was an excellent introduction as it gave just enough away, the ending was the perfect conclusion as it showed just how precarious Blair's (and the Confederation's) situation was.

I cannot even think of a better movie, let alone a better game. Five stars!

WC3 seemed more epic since you were just thrown into the midst of a campaign for survival. It was a dark dark game.

WC4 still freaking rocked though! :)

WC3 always felt a lot cozier to me. always more familiar, for whatever reason. That's why it's my favorite.

Frosty: I'd have to agree with you. Maybe because in WC3 you're on the Victory for the entire game (except for those last few missions, of course), getting to know your wingmen and the like. It felt like "home." I had this same feeling with WC1 and 2, as well, but in WC4 you're running all over the place, changing wingmen and ships and such.

Or something like that.

I don't know if I have one favorite, but here are some scenes I like:

I always like that scene at the end of WC1 after you blow up the Star Post in Venice (eh, is that right, it's been about a year since I last played WC1 :eek:), where the Confed soldiers raise the flag ala Iwo Jima. I always thought that was really good, and the end scenes for SM1 and 2 were also pretty kick ass, with the Emperor having Prince Gilkarg executed and the Firekkans waving their weapons defiantly at the departing Kilrathi ships. Those were some good endings (better than WC2's "Three cheers for Colonel Blair" ending, IMO).

Eisen ramming the Kilrathi ship during the WC3 losing endgame was also pretty great, and I enjoy the scene of Blair dropping the T-Bomb in the PSX version (although I'm still not sure what he says to that Kilrathi who fires on him), and then two other scenes in WC3 I really enjoyed: Thrakhath's broadcast to the Victory and Angel's death scene, of course.

There were a bunch in WC4. The first three opening scenes (attack at Hellespont, the bar in Nephele, and the Assembly) blew me away, as they were the first images of Wing Commander I'd ever seen (aside from a part of a WCA episode the previous year). Seether blowing poor Kyle Lee away, the first defection (when the Intrepid's deck is one big mess), Vag's death, the scene at the hospital on Telamon, the Axius base scenes, when Eisen showed up with the St. Helens, and the standing ovation Blair gets after the Assembly votes against war. That's a hell of a lot, and there are much, much more, but those are the few that stand out to me.

Really, the only two scenes that stand out in Prophecy to me are a.) when Casey has the image of Blair in the Bugs' grasp in his mind and b.) those scenes with Blair in the tower toward the end. Everything else was pretty ho-hum, IMO.

Whew! That's a lot! :D

It's almost like trying to decide which WC game is the best. I think I'll go with Mav on this one, in that the entire WC series gives such an intense experience. Without such involving storylines and drama, WC would be as empty, repetitive and boring as the simulator in Academy.

Back