Most fun and most difficult mission

Napoleon

Spaceman
Well what is a mission that you found extremely difficult yet fun. For me it was that mission in WC3 where you have to fly drunk, that was pretty cool and hard at the same time

Usually if its hard it isnt fun.

I guess that mission in WC3 where you have to destroy every type of capship except the dreadnought that the Kilrathi have.

Originally posted by Napoleon
Well what is a mission that you found extremely difficult yet fun. For me it was that mission in WC3 where you have to fly drunk, that was pretty cool and hard at the same time

thats gotta be like the patric swazie (sp) flight simulator :D

its a sort of a game where you have to type in how many beers you had and try to land your plane. the more beers the less stable your plane is :)

That mission in WCIV where you have to catch the fighters before they jump took up eons of my time a while back...and I was flying on Novice, with Invulnerability, with a strategy guide!

And then there's the "save the SWACS" one in Prophecy...never did get past that one. As I said, I'm not a good pilot, and I get stuck on any mission that remotely involves defence.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
That mission in WCIV where you have to catch the fighters before they jump took up eons of my time a while back...and I was flying on Novice, with Invulnerability, with a strategy guide!

i think im goint to laugh for a while now :p

You seem to be having a lot of fun at other people's expense lately, haven't you, $tormin?

And all WC missions are fun. Well, most of them anyway. Just imagine if you had to fly the patrols on Caernarvon Station.

Wedge, leave Stormin alone. If Bob feels offended, I'm sure he can take care of himself...

As for the most difficult mission... I have two "favorites": the mission against the Gwenhyvar in the Secret Missions, and the Special Ops mission where you fly an Epee... versus other Epees!!! God that was difficult! :)

Most Fun: Can't really narrow that one down, though I did always have a thing for strike missions that required a mix of dogfighting and capship attack. And of course the final mission to Kilrah was just...well, cool. I can visualize that mission done with WCIV's surface textures....

Most Difficult: I'd have to go with the final mission of...what was it, Special Ops II...where you have to take out two Fralthi in a torpedo-laden Sabre? I do't recall the particulars, but I remember that I had to replay that one quite a few times. Ultimately figured out that I could get the two capships to fire on each other by carefully manuevering between them.

We all know that the most fun mission ever involves the Ella Superbase, taking out a capital ship in a FIGHTER, and tons of enemies.

That's right, "The Unwelcome" in WCPSO.

It's also the most difficult, but, well, that's okay.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
We all know that the most fun mission ever involves the Ella Superbase, taking out a capital ship in a FIGHTER...
If that was in SO, I don't think we actually blew up the capship ourselves, I think Casey was supposed to assist by neutralising the defences while bombers were launched to finish the job.

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
Most Fun: Can't really narrow that one down, though I did always have a thing for strike missions that required a mix of dogfighting and capship attack. And of course the final mission to Kilrah was just...well, cool. I can visualize that mission done with WCIV's surface textures....

Most Difficult: I'd have to go with the final mission of...what was it, Special Ops II...where you have to take out two Fralthi in a torpedo-laden Sabre? I do't recall the particulars, but I remember that I had to replay that one quite a few times. Ultimately figured out that I could get the two capships to fire on each other by carefully manuevering between them.

IIRC there is some mission with two Fralthi and you must destroy them using the mace and one torp.

End of SO2, defending the Grimalkin from detection. Even easier than the SO1 final mission. Of course, if the Mandarins had any brains, they would realise that all the ships disappearing around the Gamal Gan would mean that they have intruders. Last time I heard, the whole point of Secret Operations was to keep a low profile. :) Although, I suppose if there are fighters being sent to 'examine' you, you're already busted anyway.

Fralthi = WC1 & WC3
Fralthra = WC2

Thus, in both SO missions you people are thinking of, you have to destroy *Fralthra*.

Back