Most fun and most difficult mission

If I remember correctly, the easiest way is DON'T autopilot after you pass the asteroids. Hit your afterburners all the way up to the gratha. Two of the gratha will go for you and your wingmen. The other two will go for the Ralari. Use your missiles - just watch it with the dumbfires, or you'll end up helping them to destroy the Ralari.

I swear, I don't understand that no autopilot business, I've always managed to do it even using autopilot. I once tried afterburning in, just for the sake of it and, to me, it seemed like the Gratha (can't remember for sure) were further away, if anything.

It can still be done without afterburning.

And yes, they will seem further away, but hey're also further away from the Ralari, not already all over it.

The event at the waypoint doesn't start until the reigon loads into memory... so you needn't use all your fuel... though it takes patience not to.

Originally posted by akashra
If I remember correctly, the easiest way is DON'T autopilot after you pass the asteroids. Hit your afterburners all the way up to the gratha. Two of the gratha will go for you and your wingmen. The other two will go for the Ralari. Use your missiles - just watch it with the dumbfires, or you'll end up helping them to destroy the Ralari.

It seems that this method is purely psychological but I agree with you, when I did it this way, I always won the mission :). And that's what counts.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I swear, I don't understand that no autopilot business, I've always managed to do it even using autopilot.
That's 'cause you're soooooooo good, Wedge...

I said to leave me alone, mpanty, all I meant was that autopilot or not, I don't remember any difference. But when I get a chance, I'll try it again, and actually take note of where everything is.

Back