Most fun and most difficult mission

Most difficult?

The one mission I've always had the most problems with (on reasonable settings; just about anything on Nightmare [if I'm remembering the mode name correctly] in WC3 is hard) is in WCIV. Specifically, the mission is the one with the sensor and shield disruption due to the jamming field. Dumbfires and armor plating against Bearcats. Not too much fun. Especially with the wrong wingmate. :)

Some of the Prophecy defend missions were difficult, too. I swear, there were times when the Midway exploded faster than an Epee would....

(And, of course, WC3 if I happened to be out of missiles and surrounded by heavy fighters in a Hellcat was a recipe for death, unless I was in a mood for 4 hour dogfights with huge amounts of yaw, pitch, roll, repeat. :) )

Originally posted by Nep Parth
We all know that the most fun mission ever involves the Ella Superbase, taking out a capital ship in a FIGHTER, and tons of enemies.

That's right, "The Unwelcome" in WCPSO.

It's also the most difficult, but, well, that's okay.

By most difficult, are you refering to wcpso or all the wc games? Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few missions in wc games that I though were more difficult.
-Any mission in wcIV ;)
-Wc2 retrive the data pod
-wc1 any mission flying a scimitar
If you enjoy taking out capships in a fighter, you should give wcIV a run through, ooh that banshee never disappoints.

My fav hard mission was probably the pod retrival mission from wc2, I don't know why but it really sticks out in my memory.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Thus, in both SO missions you people are thinking of, you have to destroy *Fralthra*.
C'mon, LOAF, you know we know that. Two letters difference, it's an easy error to overlook when you're skimming posts. You should be moaning about "WCPSO" instead. :)

A hard but yet funny mission? Hmm, I can't say (though I found it rather hard than fun to fly drunk in WC3).
I like missions with pure dogfighting, like in WC1 where you have to intercept that large Dralthi wing including Dakhath.

O.K., this must sound stupid, but in Privateer:RF there is a mission in which you have to protect a ship with a cargo of rare books from Oxford. The Retros jump in from everywhere and... Stupid mission.

Originally posted by Wedge009
C'mon, LOAF, you know we know that. Two letters difference, it's an easy error to overlook when you're skimming posts. You should be moaning about "WCPSO" instead. :)

The difference between WCPSO and WCSO isn't really likely to cost lives in combat, now is it? Reporting back that you've spotted a Fralthi when you've actually seen a Fralthra *is* <G>

I like when people use WCPSO, that way you know they are referring to Wing Commander Secret ops, as apposed to WC special ops. Of course the really confusing thing is WCA, [it could be academy the game, academy the show ,or armada].

Well if it talks about anything having to do with plot or story or character, you know its not the game.

Originally posted by Dekkar
...that way you know they are referring to Wing Commander Secret ops, as apposed to WC special ops...
Need you be reminded that there's no such thing as WC Special Ops. ;)

Eeep, don't be so picky wedge, you know to what I was refering.

WCPSO - Although Prophecy isn't in the title, it's clear what game your refering to.
WC2:SO - A clear way to refer to the special operations

WCSO- not so clear.

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by LeHah
You, Mpanty, are a Violent Toilet Thing.
A V.T.T.?
Ask our French friends here what a V.T.T. is... :)

Damn' ! So VTT means that... Violent Toilet Thing... I will be more careful next time I will see that word on a ad in France !!!!

Originally posted by NoRemorse
(...)

Damn' ! So VTT means that... Violent Toilet Thing... I will be more careful next time I will see that word on a ad in France !!!!

Care to explain to a French-in-exile what VTT means in France? :)

By the way... Violent Toilet Thing: what does it mean ? I understand violent, I understand toilet and thing. But what the hell does this phrase mean ? (Remember: I'm french...)

Originally posted by Dekkar
WCSO- not so clear.
You want to be clear? Use the same abbreviations as the Timeline: SO1, SO2, and SO. People will know what you're talking about. ;)

Back