[MOD] Wing Commander - Alliance - SOASE Rebellion 1.85

Here you can see all the units added by the moment, starships, fighters and space structures.

SOASEWC_0185.jpg

I might have said something along these lines before, but damn - I am really impressed by the pace at which you've been putting this project together. Not owning SOASE and having little interest in 4X games in general, I almost certainly will not be playing this mod. In spite of this, it's a great pleasure to see all the screenshots you're posting. Makes me nostalgic for the times when Standoff was chugging along!

Thanks. More news. These are the last two structures, the Jump Blocker and the Starbase. The Starbase can be upgrade with additional weapon modules and it adds some changes in the design. Just look the Starbase from the EAW mod from MayorAPayne and you will understand how it can be.;)

SOASEWC_0186.jpg

SOASEWC_0187.jpg

I have uploaded the first part video where you can see all the structures from the Nephilim. The most new, the Starbase, it was the last from this race. Now I will continue adding structures from the Confederation. Other thing which you can notice, it is how I have replace all the music.

Time now for the Confederation space structures. This is the frigates shipyard from the Confederation. Imported from the Wing Commander mod for Star Trek Armada made by miklosgo.

SOASEWC_0188.jpg

SOASEWC_0189.jpg

SOASEWC_0190.jpg

SOASEWC_0191.jpg

SOASEWC_0192.jpg

SOASEWC_0193.jpg

These are the Confederation capital and titan shipyards. Again other model imported from the Wing Commander mod for Star Trek Armada made by miklosgo.

When I find some of time, probably I will update the textures with more resolution. But by the moment, it works.

SOASEWC_0194.jpg

SOASEWC_0195.jpg

SOASEWC_0196.jpg

SOASEWC_0197.jpg

SOASEWC_0198.jpg

SOASEWC_0199.jpg

SOASEWC_0200.jpg

Last edited:
More new additions and some changes. I made a mistake before with the shipyards from the Confederation. They were others. But I could replace them easily and I will use the previous models with the Union of Border Worlds.

Now this is the correct Confederation Frigate Shipyard.
SOASEWC_0201.jpg

SOASEWC_0202.jpg

This is the correct Confederation Capital Shipyard.

SOASEWC_0203.jpg

SOASEWC_0204.jpg

And this is the correct Confederation Titan Shipyard.

SOASEWC_0205.jpg

SOASEWC_0206.jpg

Following these models, I added these others. The Civilian Research Station from Confederation.

SOASEWC_0207.jpg

SOASEWC_0208.jpg

And the Military Research Station from Confederation.

SOASEWC_0209.jpg

SOASEWC_0210.jpg

SOASEWC_0211.jpg

SOASEWC_0212.jpg

Clearly these two models are from the WC4.

Hey, just out of curiosity (and admittedly for my own purposes), are you planning on including resource gathering in your mod at all, and if so, what kind of resource gathering structures do you have for the Kilrathi (assuming you have you gotten that far yet)?

Clearly there are resources in the game, metal and cristal. I can replace them by other things but at the end, they must be taken from mineral asteroids.

Okay. I'm asking because the next bit of the Elegy campaign takes place on a Kilrathi asteroid mining base, for which (to my knowledge) there is no extant design. I was curious what you thought you might go with design-wise there; the lack of a design is the source of an annoying bout of writer's block for me.

When I reach the development from the Kilrathi structures where I must make them mostly from zero because there are not models, I can make some like that. Perhaps a Asteroid Resources Station. Probably the next week I will be working in them.

When I reach the development from the Kilrathi structures where I must make them mostly from zero because there are not models, I can make some like that. Perhaps a Asteroid Resources Station. Probably the next week I will be working in them.
You can ask the Wing Commander Saga team, they have a few Kilrathi stations models: an orbital one, a heavy starbase and a base embedded in an asteroid.

Thanks by tell me. When I reach the point where I make the Kilrathi stations, we will see. I have many ideas at my head. I imagine how I can make one station per day without lose my head.

Today I have added more stations from the Confederation. At first place, the replacement for the Broadcast Center, it will spawn the Confederation culture around your planets.

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellio_2016-11-07_14-19-30-68.jpg

The Trade station. You will need it if you want increase your credits faster thanks to the trade between systems.

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellio_2016-11-07_15-49-23-70.jpg

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellio_2016-11-07_14-29-40-53.jpg

With the Nephilim the Refinery is integrated into the Trade station but with the Confederation, the Refinery is another station.

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellio_2016-11-07_14-35-46-77.jpg

This is the Confederation defense station, the basic model adds lasers and next you can upgrade it with more weapons. By this reason when you adds the missile burst ability, the model is upgraded with additional missile launchers.

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellio_2016-11-07_15-50-15-23.jpg

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellio_2016-11-07_15-52-47-57.jpg

The Orbital Cannon is a super weapon which you can see at all the factions from the game. From a way or other, it fires super shots which they can destroy your planets.

With the Confederation, I made one similar thing to the Nephilim. With a salvaged Behemot, the Confederation has builded the orbital cannon.;)

SOASEWC_0216.jpg

SOASEWC_0217.jpg

SOASEWC_0218.jpg

Now with the Confederation starbase, I have added all the structures and units from this faction. You can watch them in the video. After it, I will start with the Kilrathi, it will be fun because I will make most of them following my imagination and without follow too many previous designs from others because there are not more of two or five stations in the world made for this race. Have fun.

Perhaps even the Kilrathi stations will be easier because I will not be limited following a previous designed work.

Well, these are my two first structures from the Kilrathi. They are two satellites, smaller than other structures. One is the culture center and the other anti-jump structure (the interdictor).

SOASEWC_0219.jpg

SOASEWC_0220.jpg

Perhaps you can think how they are too low poly or too box or some like that but my primary point making these structures is the creation from some with the same style than the other Kilrathi units, perhaps these could be less symmetrical but I like them and they were not the first, I made other prototipe first. Perhaps I should show first my painted at paper designs but it is not my style.;) I like show first finished stuff.

This is the update from today. An improve in the previous station and the Frigate Shipyard from Kilrathi. With the shipyard I have made some which it remembers me to the Kilrathi units.

SOASEWC_0221.jpg

SOASEWC_0222.jpg

SOASEWC_0223.jpg

Back