Maniac's Home of Record

Blair being smaller

Look at Blair, he's smaller than Maniac. I don't think he would win a fight against him.

ESPECIALLY the way they made them out to look in Wing Commander Academy- TV! Maniac was like Arnold! Hahaha!

I also agree with Talyn... Maniac is, deep down, a real, genuine, good guy :)

He was a bit of a coward in wc4, though. The man ejected in every mission i flew with him.

Which, by the way, wasn't cool.:mad:

Re: Blair being smaller

Originally posted by Col.Dom

ESPECIALLY the way they made them out to look in Wing Commander Academy- TV! Maniac was like Arnold! Hahaha!
(...)

He appears to be very muscular in WCATV, yet IIRC he loses every handfight with Blair (were there more than two?).

yeah, but in WCATV Maniac didn't study his hand-to-hand combat manual, so the others were technically superior to him as he was relying too much on brute strength rather than technique to win.

in WCATV, Maniac seemed to have more depth to his character, like when he wanted to rescue Blair off the Ice planet but Tolwyn wouldn't let him and he went anyway, or when he gave his medal to the doctors and nurses in Walking Wounded, and don't forget he helped Archer through her problem of not being able to shoot the enemy down

Agreed, Maniac got quite some emotional moments in WCATV. Nevertheless, I found that he is ridiculed the most in WCATV, than in the other productsl. At least he is not such an ass as in WC3, though.

Re: Blair being smaller

Originally posted by Col.Dom

According to the Prophecy guide Maniac was quite the athlete in his younger days, where it mentions his size and speed serving him well in school sports.

There's a lot of good information in the book, but only those involved in Prophecy in some way (so no Paladin, Eisen or Tolwyn). Worth splashing out a few quid/bucks on though.

Still Sounds Good

Although it would be nice to know deeper things about Paladin, Tolwyn and Eisen, I'm more concerned with the combat pilot's stuff.

Unfortunately, there'll be nothing on Flash, Vagabond or the ever-so lovable Flint any time....

You wouldn't get too much on Vagabond anyway, due to his Black-Ops background.

Flash wasn't really an interesting character, someone who really didn't want to be where he was (on the front lines that is).

Yeah

He was a little snot... but he had a different upbringing than the rest. He was, from what I have heard, a pampered little military brat from the get-go. Something about his dad being a general of some sort and always getting him favorable jobs & stuff.

So, it'd be interesting to know his "best-of-everything," life.

In contrast, the other men & women had to earn their positions (although, yes, some had prior family prestige to back them up). It wasn't like be handing everything on a silver platter, though!

See? Almost anyone can be interesting. Plus, Flash is the type of guy ya' love to hate :)

I do wonder a bit about the details of Vagabonds past. His involvement with Severin, for instance. If the Wing franchise were like Star trek (or any big Sci-Fi universe) you could bet they would already have a book about Vagabonds past. Perhaps some things are better left mysteries, however.

Yeah

Because part of Vagabond is the mystery. His persona was that of a man wrapped in an enigma, running from his past. Until Wing 4, when he became a little soft & stuff, putting down his roots.

His mysterious nature was one of the things that made Vagabond an interesting character. You can only wonder what kind of guilt he went through from his participation with Severin. Or exactly what kind of adventures (so to speak) he has experienced in his wandeerings.

Back