Maniac's Home of Record

Originally posted by Shane

Yeah, I owned the WC1/2 guide years ago, but gave it away. I have another copy on the way to me I bought on E-bay. It was handy because in an old WC club I belonged to we would use the mission selector to fly missions, so having the guide was handy to find certain types of missions. I happened to pick up WCIV's guide at the Going Out of Business Sale at Incredible Univers for .25. I wasn't all that impressed with it, which is why I stopped buying them. However, with all the cool stuff LOAF mentions from the WCP I will be keeping an eye out for it.

Yeah, guides are cool. I almost bought the WCP guide when it was actually readily available, but i didn't and now i am regretting it.

Say

We all know there's a Tom Wilson home page... but is there a MANIAC home page?? If there isn't, there should be one!

:D

Originally posted by Zor Prime

Yeah, guides are cool. I almost bought the WCP guide when it was actually readily available, but i didn't and now i am regretting it.

I took LeHah's advice. Went to half.com and found a copy for 2 bucks. I do have one question for those who would know. Did they come out with a Prophecy Gold Strategy guide as well? I saw a couple folks say they had them for sale, but I hadn't heard about them.

I do not think there ever was a Prophecy Gold guide.
Used bookstores are also good places to find old stuff. Most of my Wing produts were aquired when they first came out, but I find lots of older or rarer things that I do not have at used bookstores. At least in Texas. I found two copies of the Wing 1/2 guide, and I also found End Run at a used bookstore (three copies). Newer products can be found fairly easily too. I found a copy of the Confedseration handbook for $4 (in good condition). I also found some old Wing 1 and 2 deluxe edition packages, as well.

I got End Run for £2, Prophecy Guide for £3.50, both on Yahoo auctions UK, not too bad.

Another good reason to get the Prophecy Guide - some conceptual art by Syd Mead.

There are no P:G guides. It's one of those things people have listed that didn't get done... there's a phantom WC3 guide, as well.

TC

WARNING! MAJOR PROPHECY SPOILER AHEAD IN FORM OF FAN-MADE SCRIPT! STAND ASIDE IF YOU DO NOT DESIRE TO BE SPOILED!

<> <> <>

<> <> <>

<> <> <>

(MANIAC is "chatting" with an attractive female BARTENDER, who appears bored)

MANIAC: No you don't know, you don't know...you see, Blair would always fly on MY wing...see, Tolwyn, Eisen, they'de havaya check with the MANIAC! hey, you a Border Worlder? c'come 'er'Come 'er for a sec...

(whispers in BARTENDER ear; BARTENDER throws shot in face)

MANIAC: (covering eyes from alchohol sting) Ow...hey, Casey! hi'ha'h'Casey, my only friend, come here, come here, let's celebrate... (wipes eye)

CASEY: (confused) ...what're we celebrating?

MANIAC: My voluntary demotion. I am no longer a squadron commander.

CASEY: (shocked) :eek:...b'b'But I thought you always DREAMED about running your own squadron!

MANIAC: Dream? HA! 's more like a nightmare...

(MANIAC continues in a weary rant)

MANIAC: pilots whining all day about stats...you've got the CAG screamin' for results...'s all PAIN, no GAIN...

(MANIAC grabs glass and raises it into the air)

MANIAC: here, let's toast...Maniac and Casey...To the free and easy life of the Wing Commander:

Loudspeaker: Lieutenant Casey, please report to the Ready Room immedietly!

MANIAC: Got that medal for you, huh kid...well give the CAG a little kiss for me, huh?

CASEY: (concerned) You gonna be all right?

MANIAC:...of course I'll be alright, I'm the Maniac...heey take my advice, okay? When they're giving you the medals you rake 'em in....when they ask you to be squadron commander, you tell them to SHOVE IT, okay?

[exit CASEY]

MANIAC: Chalk up another one for the Maniac...

(Compiler Notes: dang...musta seen that scene half a dozen times to get everything down :))

Thinking you shouldn't buy guides because it seems like you need help is even less of a worry -- there's practically nothing in the guides that'll help you play the game any better. :)

Maniac's Safety

I stuck up for him. He may get on people's nerves and be too much of a hotdog but he's a naturally gifted pilot (if not, his stunts would have goten him killed).

Plus, HE IS THE MAN! THE MANIAC!!

"Everybody knows the Maniac! Everybody!"

:cool:

Man. I lacked an option in that part of the game:
"Hit Maniac yourself"

I mean, I like, no: I love the Maniac, but he really should be more considerate of other people's feelings. Just look what he did in wcp. How cruel is that?

Originally posted by Talyn 83
Man. I lacked an option in that part of the game:
"Hit Maniac yourself"

Look at Blair, he's smaller than Maniac. I don't think he would win a fight against him.

Back