7 WC Academy

8 WC Privateer

9 WC Privateer: Righteous Fire

10 Wing Commander Armada
11 Some Armada Addon that I can't remember the name of,

12 Wing Commander 3

13 Wing Commander 4

14 Wing Commander Prophecy

15-21 Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga (Includes 1, 2, 3, and downloadable secret Missions and special operations.
(I count these as their own games because they're so different.)

22 Secret Ops

23 Super Wing Commander

TWENTY THREE WING COMMANDER GAMES?!?!?!!
Did I miss anything?

Actually WC:KS is exactly the same as WC1,2,3 but redone for windows. The missions and cutscenes are the exact same. The Amarda add on is Proving Grounds and was offered free over the internet. And you forgot Privateer 2 (or maybe didn't) which gives us a total of 15 games (The proving grounds add on did not affect the gameplay execpt for mulitplay). But still, quite a legacy indeed.

I have Kilrathi saga. I love it. And I know that it's the same games with the same cutscenes, but playing old dos WC1, and Kilrathi saga WC1, it's a different game. Entirely. It feels different to me. I enjoy it a lot more, so I counted it as a different game.

And just to clarify, I left out Privateer 2 on purpose. It doesn't take place in the Wing Commander Universe.

Privateer 2 is a WC game that takes place in the WCU weather you like it or not, KS isn't much different than the originals and absolutely should not be considered a different game.

And the add-ons probably shouldn't be considered different games either.

The kilrathi saga isnt supposed to have some new cutscenes? At least WC3? I have an old cd with the KS advertasing sayng there is "never before seem cutscenes", or something like that...

Does it have the Hobbes explanation? Combined with the digital soundtrack, that would give me an excuse to hunt it down... well, maybe not. E-Bay doesn't get you very far without a credit card.

O.K. he is stupid because he simple put the add-ons separated from the main game?
I also did know that P2 was in the WC universe (yes origin said that but I did not know until it was posted here [and I still not belive that, marketing, that is why its on the WC Universe]) and that means that simple something that does not is common know outside the die hard fans (I like WC Games but no way in hell I am going to wear a WC uniform) makes a simple fan Stupid?
Well I am stupid as well in that case.

Well, just to really clarify things....

If you have a copy of KS, Stick in CD one and then click on the previews button, (or whatever button that is) then click on the PRIVATEER 2 button. You then get to see a quick movie about PRIV 2. And guess what? It says that you get to fly around in systems of the Wing Commander universe. And, If you really want to confirm it, lok on the jump node map that came with WCP. I'm not sure if those systems were on the map or not. maybe somebody should check?

somebody let me know if you find anything on the map!

Originally posted by Dragon
O.K. he is stupid because he simple put the add-ons separated from the main game?
Wow, is your sarcasm radar off again Dragon?:)

Zor Prime, there are so many systems not shown on the Prophecy map, that trying to verify if a system exists or not based on that map won't be to acurate (and no, those systems are not shown on the map).

There were to be two games, "Privateer II" and "The Darkening", the original P2 was drop and "The Darkening" that was to have nothing about the WC universe became "Privateer II, the Darkening", the say the P2 TD is based on the WC universe but there is nothing about it on the game or the manual.
Question is, is the movie about the droped P2 or the released P2 TD?
Origin say that P2 TD is on the WC universe. that is final.
And those systems are not in the Map (origin claims that is a oversight but I call it a act of God)

It's interesting to me the way some of you (you know who you are) have so little merit that you feel the need to resort to personal attacks as a means of argument.

The last post says it all about p2. P2 and The Darkening WERE two different games. It's not in the WC universe. Period. End of story. Non debatable. It's a fact.

Everything else, on the other hand, was opinion on my part, and while YOU may think I'm wrong about the addons, and Kilrathi saga being different games, it's not something you can look up in a book and prove me wrong. The debate is pretty moot.

Sometimes I wish some of you would just grow up.

Originally posted by Dragon

Question is, is the movie about the droped P2 or the released P2 TD?

Most certainly. And also, The Darkening did spend some time in development as a WC game. It was not nearly as alien a game as some posts in this thread are indicating.

Originally posted by LividLiquid
The last post says it all about p2. P2 and The Darkening WERE two different games. It's not in the WC universe. Period. End of story. Non debatable. It's a fact.

It's a fact that P2: The Darkening is in the WC universe. That's what's non debateable. In addition to the official P2TD trailer on KS that says it adds new dimensions to the WC universe, there are also things such as the official Origin P2 FAQ that explicitly state P2 is part of the WC universe and is slightly distant from the Confederation. Furthermore, there are references in-game to the Confederation as we know it.

Name one refference in-game to the confederation. And explain to me why the technologies between the P2 and WC are so increadibly different. Why's everybody british?

I don't take Origin's word for it because they were trying to sell P2 as P2 instead of the Darkening. Marketing ploy is a beautiful thing.

In any case, the game was NOT... I repeat... NOT developed as a WC game, but changed to a Privateer game very late in it's development. You all know that as well as I do. Most of us followed the development closely on the internet.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass what Origin says. If everything they said should be taken as the gospel, we'd have two more games coming in the prophecy saga, WC Online, and Privateer 3.

You've played through Privateer 2. The technology is different. The terminology is different. Even the nationality of all the characters is different, and don't try to tell me that somewhere west of the Gemini sector, there's a system called Tri that inhabits nothing but british people and Christopher Walken. I'd laugh at you.

It's different. All of it. I started this post to reflect on how many friggin' Wing Commander games there are. I left Privateer 2 out, and I'm sticking to that. It's a great game, and I love it for what it is, but it's not based in the Wing Commander universe. I could be persueded in another direction if any of you could offer me some solid evidence, but so far all I've gotten in reply is "You're stupid", or "You're wrong. Origin says so." C'mon people, I don't mind being wrong if I can learn, but I'm not learning anything from mindless babble.

You are correct, even god himself did not let the map show the error that the P2 TD is.....
Origin say it is but I dont agree with that.
The reference is a fighter of the Privateer game that call for help once and that show up ONCE during the whole game, that is the game intire reference to the WC universe.

Back