Let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by LividLiquid, Feb 8, 2001.

1. Napoleon

Napoleon Spaceman

the actors in P was one of the larger complaints, that the actors were subpar in comparison to the actors in previous WC games

2. Marcml30

Marcml30 Spaceman

Find a copy, play it and you'll see why there is so much controversy over it.

My biggest gripe with WCP was not the actors (I've seen much much worse on TV) but the ease of the game. In all the previous games there were missions that I struggled with. In WCP I got none of that - even my 8 year old kid beat several of them - and that was on normal difficulty. There were no "white knuckle" missions that had me cursing the game and computer. Only a few missions forced me to play them more than once compared to the other games where I got my butt kicked over and over before beating them. P2 was similar.

3. Dragon

Dragon Spaceman

P2 TD is not too bad but it does make you try to replay the game all over again IMHO.
    WC P does lack some "feel" at some times, but its not a bad game, it can be hard but WC IV have more dificult missions,
    the some missions in SO are "hard".

4. Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF Long Live the Confederation!

Some of P2's missions were real killers, though... and some were very original, which is something Prophecy could have used. (I mean, the complex math problem mission was fantastic...)

5. redwolf

redwolf Spaceman

If you call it complex maths...but it was a great idea for a mission!

I must admit, I loved P2. However, I don't understand who Lev Arris' brother was, and what was that snake like thing around him? A futuristic feathered boa without the feathers? Fashion statement!

6. RFBurns

RFBurns Spaceman

His brother went on to succeed their father Val Ruccard (Kronos) in the family business Ruccard Interplanitary. But his brother was obsessed with power. Its the old story of dominance and control. Thus Sar, formed the Kindred clan and basically infiltrated government, private business, industries, just about everything. Sir Lev Aris was sick with an illness which they did not have a cure for so they froze him in a life pod. 20 years later, some of the Kindred operators saw their leader going nuts, due to the "sack" of anti aging drugs, which deformed him and altered his mind. Lev, in his persuit of finding out who he was after the Canera crash on Crius, found out all this information and decided to replace his brother and restore the good name to his family business. The rest is history.

RFBurns

7. Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF Long Live the Confederation!

Well, more complex than you'd expect for a Wing Commander game -- it led to having to answer many, many "WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?" threads at agwc and the Origin board. :)

8. mpanty

mpanty Keen Commander

I definitely agree with that, but you see, I think it's because you got so INTO the game from the previous episoded, that you want a game for the fans, and not just for the casual customer who doesn't know anything about the Wing Commander universe, but just wants to play a fun combat space simulator game...

Because then yes, it would really be terrific for the WC fans to have such a game, where you can check/control all the parameters... but that option's gonna be solely for fans...

What they COULD have done, is maybe allow the option to be turned on/off, for those who don't give a damn about storylines... This way, everybody's happy, but they would probably think the effort that needed to be done for just the fans (considerably less than say, a Star wars game...) not worth it.

At any rate, I hear there are some mods/new episodes/3D movies being developed by fans themselves, who are in numbers, even though not as great as Star Wars fans, so maybe you should cast an eye on those... ;)
    I'm really looking into that myself and can't wait to see some results :D

9. RFBurns

RFBurns Spaceman

XWLegacy is working on a Wing Commander mod for XWA. I for one cant wait! Even tho it isnt true WC, it will keep the spirit alive! Personally I am waiting to fly that converted Centurion! :D

RFBurns

10. mpanty

mpanty Keen Commander

Yeah, that should be worth the time waiting :D

11. Ghost

Ghost Emperor

Will the mod have all the ships from all the WC ???

12. Napoleon

Napoleon Spaceman

as far as i can determine from what Dreadnoughtt has said yes every single ship will be available