Kruger

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Grecko was short, though... and the re-incarnation of Patton. :)

Um...R Lee Ermey is around 5'5 in height...

Originally posted by Supdon3
Wow, i had never thought of it but Michael Ironside would be great! I love that guy! Hes in so many movies i love, like Starship Troopers.

I loved his personfication in Scanners and V

... I was replying to the guy who wanted John Wayne, though.

Presumably you pictured him as the re-encarnation of Patton because he *says* he's the re-encarnation of Patton...:)

I always thought of Ironside as Grecko and McDowell as Kruger, with Warner being Tolwyn.....but my opinion would be different if I ever caught the WC games when they came out...guess I was too young.

Originally posted by Essex
I always thought of Ironside as Grecko and McDowell as Kruger, with Warner being Tolwyn.....but my opinion would be different if I ever caught the WC games when they came out...guess I was too young.

That idea passed through my mind, Essex, but I thought Warner could make a better Admiral Richards...Or whom ever that decrepid old Admiral in Confed is that I can never remember... :)

Originally posted by LeHah

That idea passed through my mind, Essex, but I thought Warner could make a better Admiral Richards...Or whom ever that decrepid old Admiral in Confed is that I can never remember... :)

Are you thinking about Admiral Bainbridge? Because IIRC, Richards was described as a pretty active guy for his age which is just a couple of years older than Tolwyn.

Originally posted by LeHah

Know who I always pictured as Kruger? Michael Ironside.
It's funny... I had this Starship Troopers guy in my head, the one that trains Casper Van Dien's character, and then leads them all into battle (with the bionic arm)...

And I thought, yeah HE would make a good Kruger...

Well, after some research, it turns out that it's indeed Michael Ironside! :cool:
Yup, can't think of anybody better...

On a side note, I think Harrison Ford would make a great Ian St.John... he just needs to work on the Aussie accent. ;)

Seems like we're playing "Wing Commander Casting Call" now. Hmmm.

I stopped imagining characters in books as actors or other real life people a long time ago (unless of course they're based off real people or characters in movies and such... eh, you get what I'm saying).

Hey, does anyone else imagine Kruger as having a sort of New York accent?

Originally posted by Dralthi5

Hey, does anyone else imagine Kruger as having a sort of New York accent?
I thought you stopped "imagining characters (...) a long time ago"! :)

But no, I don't think it would fit...

...what's a NY accent like, anyway? :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
*Bainbridge* is a cruiser, Banbridge was the character...

Bainbridge is also a US Navy admiral, William Bainbridge, who I believe commanded the USS Pennsylvania and was captured by pirates, thus forcing Stephen Decatur in the Intrepid to burn his ship. Or something like that.

[Which reminds me...why aren't there any ships named Banbridge?

Originally posted by Supdon3
That would be a New Yoik accent:)

Or a N'yawk akcent. :D

[Edited by Bob McDob on 06-13-2001 at 01:45]

Originally posted by mpanty
On a side note, I think Harrison Ford would make a great Ian St. John...
Perhaps, but I doubt he'd do anything sci-fi. Especially when it is associated with Mark Hamill who played in a certain sci-fi trilogy with him in the 1970/80s, which he dislikes so much for some reason. :(

He doesnt like Star Wars?

Blade Runner seemed pretty scifi to me. Of course he doesnt like that one either.

Eh, Harrison Ford would make a lousy Hunter. He seems to always play serious roles. Even in Six Days, Seven Nights, which was a comedy, he was still serious. He just ain't Hunter material :).

Bainbridge was also, IIRC, the first US destroyer ever.

There could well be a ship named Banbridge -- but we really haven't seen many ships since the man died...

Back