Kruger

I don't think he switched names... I rather guess it's a mistake made by the author...

Indeed, if I remember correctly, LOAF had to correct some names on his interview with A.Keith (who had mispelled Doomsday's last name).

Also, from his interview with the author:
Originally on https://www.wcnews.com/falsecolors.shtml

CIC: Will we be seeing a lot of returning characters?
Keith: Jason, Sparks, Admiral Tolwyn and his nephew . . . the leader of the Landreich (whose name eludes me) (...)
You get the picture! :)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-11-2001 at 19:34]

Last edited by a moderator:
right, but here is something interesting on the cover of False Colors William H. Kieth is credited, but people keep on saying andrew, who is rihgt. I am looking at my copy now and it says william

William Keith is Andrew's brother -- Baen screwed up the cover of the book (they publish books by both brothers).

Andrew got a free copy of a Bolo book out of it... and then he died. So it goes.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
William Keith is Andrew's brother -- Baen screwed up the cover of the book (...)
Wow... amazing to see such a big mistake, on the cover of a book, had gone unnoticed... :)

Well, sounds interesting...

For those not knowing:

Originally at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ies/ref=pm_dp_ln_b_10/103-1160512-4701407[/i]

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
David Weber provides intergalactic thrills and political intrigue in this far-flung military space adventure, continuing where In Enemy Hands left off. The People's Republic has publicly executed Honor Harrington--or have they? While the Star Kingdom swears revenge, Honor (alive and kicking) plans escape from the prison planet of Hell. Weber's extensive knowledge of military protocol combined with deep technical exploration make for a highly detailed book, yet he avoids bogging down in it. His great storytelling skills keep this book racing along like an action-adventure movie. Fans of Star Wars and old-fashioned seafaring tales will find lots to their liking here, as will those looking for a future setting in which women play an equal role. If you're new to the Honor series, start with On Basilisk Station, the first of Commander Honor Harrington's adventures. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

From Booklist
Each successive Honor Harrington novel bulks larger than the last, but then, so does its audience. Honor, though, spends much of this book on the lean and hungry side as she organizes a mass escape from a prison planet aptly known as Hell; now permanently shy an arm and an eye, she is definitely physically reduced, anyhow. While Honor and a handful of survivors of the climax of In Enemy Hands try to organize history's biggest prison break (of about 300,000 POWs), three other subplots keep the... read more

Read any of them, LOAF?

[Edited by mpanty on 06-11-2001 at 20:56]

I've read them all -- excellent, excellent books... you can get the first one (On Basilisk Station) for free at baen.com.

Yeah, well, Baen had more "important" things to think about... *cough*Honor*cough*.

I tried reading one of the books and I got very...lost...

I then went back to reading WC novels and Will Gibson and all was right again. :D

Know who I always pictured as Kruger? Michael Ironside.

[Edited by LeHah on 06-12-2001 at 00:00]

Wow, i had never thought of it but Michael Ironside would be great! I love that guy! Hes in so many movies i love, like Starship Troopers.

Ya know, I hate Starship Troopers but I love two things in it:

A.) Michael Ironside
B.) Basil Poledouris's Score

Ironside is freaking awesome, hands down.

I think R. Lee Ermey ('Member the Drill Srgnt from Full Metal Jacket?) would make a perfect Duke Grecko... :D

Grecko was short, though... and the re-incarnation of Patton. :)

On Basilisk Station is a bit confusing at first... but once you've kind of mentally figured out the series whole method of space combat and such, it really goes by quick!

Grecko was short, though... and the re-incarnation of Patton. :)

That is always the way that I pictured him. Especially after I saw the movie Patton. Upon my reread of Fleet Action, the resemblance was perfectly clear.

Back