Kilrathi Asteroid in Privateer

Originally posted by Preacher
Unfortunately, we were all students of his way of life, in that the American culture was his classroom. The only way to have escaped that was to hide under a rock. :p ]

Or just jump the border to Canada :D

-Izouya

Originally posted by Stryker
Or just jump the border to Canada :D

-Izouya
Yuh; like the Canucks didn't have their airwaves plastered with Slick Willy's latest doings too... (esp. in '98 when the "Zippergate" scandal broke - ughh!...)

Oh, and TC?... Don't worry; things are quite cold & snowy enough for me here in Upstate NY. I don't need any more of that.

Originally posted by Preacher
Yuh; like the Canucks didn't have their airwaves plastered with Slick Willy's latest doings too... (esp. in '98 when the "Zippergate" scandal broke - ughh!...)

Well im sure it wasnt as BAD as it was here.

-Izouya

Originally posted by Zhakrin
I think I afterburned through the asteroid fields. You had to do violent circles with the joystick, but usually you didn't crash.
Many people seem to use that, but I always seemed to end up crashing, so I don't do it.

...didn't invincibility invalidate the mission you were on? That would only make it useful for exploring
That's right. And yes, it's great for exploring.

Originally posted by Aries
...it will take some time to properly dispose of those several groups composed of several people who don't like you.
Hmm, it never took me that long...

no, you can complete the missions, you just don't get paid
Which is the same as failing. ;)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Hmm, it never took me that long...

Try going from Troy to New Detroit and hit at least 4 bad guys at every nav point along the way. i'd think it would take some time.

Smuggling from Pentonville to the pleasure base on Padre pays VERY well and the patrols are super light and even if you do you can preform Izouya's amazing smuggling trick :D

-Izouya

Afterburning in rock fields

The trick to running on afterburners [edit]in an asteroid field[/edit] is to yaw or pitch violently back and forth, in a kind of "sawtooth" flight path. The engine can't draw the rocks fast enough to put them in your way, so you can zip by them as long as you keep weaving a lot. (In the patrol mission at the end it was rare I managed to avoid all the rocks, and often wound up with half my guns out of the picture from a rock I didn't dodge before it nailed my side.)

The bad guys don't understand this (or even know about it... game characters don't know of out of game limitations), and will afterburn straight in after you, and kiss a rock in the process.

[stupid sense-breaking omission fixed]

Re: Afterburning in rock fields

Originally posted by Death
The trick to running on afterburners is to yaw or pitch violently back and forth, in a kind of "sawtooth" flight path. The engine can't draw the rocks fast enough to put them in your way, so you can zip by them as long as you keep weaving a lot. (In the patrol mission at the end it was rare I managed to avoid all the rocks, and often wound up with half my guns out of the picture from a rock I didn't dodge before it nailed my side.)

The bad guys don't understand this (or even know about it... game characters don't know of out of game limitations), and will afterburn straight in after you, and kiss a rock in the process.

My trick is that when they say there gonna search your cargo hold you eject your cargo out into space and go to a dead stop. They'll scan your empty cargo hold and find nothing. After they tell you to get on your way you tractor beam it back in.

I guess oragin didnt think about scanning for cargo floating around the ship.

-Izouya

A neat trick to avoiding the asteroid fields not surrounding a planet or base, or in a nav point assigned to a patrol mission, is to simply fly around them. I do that in the Pendar's Star system (nav2) and simply go around it, on full afterburn.

Or shoot the asteroids out of your way cruising at about 300 or 400 kps. The "jerk the joystick back and forth" routine does work well, but reaks havoc with the joystick! :D

Now, out to go search for that weapon asteroid again. ;)

Sorry for being late, haven't been online for a few weeks...

Try going from Troy to New Detroit and hit at least 4 bad guys at every nav point along the way. i'd think it would take some time.
Some, but not anywhere close to an hour, I think.

Originally posted by Death
(In the patrol mission at the end it was rare I managed to avoid all the rocks, and often wound up with half my guns out of the picture from a rock I didn't dodge before it nailed my side.)
Well, that's the thing, there's always the odd asteroid smashing into me and tearing my ship apart. In any case, I'm much better at Privateer than when I first tried the asteroid AB trick, so I just fight my way through.

I managed to be friendly with the Kilrathi (makes missions prior to the Steltek much easier) and traveled through all the Kilrathi systems, but I didn't find anything.

Wow, I never did that actually. What is on the Kilrathi systems anyway? Places to land? Trade?

There's nothing on those systems, only lot's of Kilrathi fighters and Kamekhs, and some asteroids. I had problems with my fuel returning, it was a long trip :) To be friendly with the Kilrathi don't kill them, don't get any mission in which you must kill them or an unknow threat (usually kilrathi). If you kill some confeds it also helps.

Zhak.

There's nothing on those systems, only lot's of Kilrathi fighters and Kamekhs, and some asteroids. I had problems with my fuel returning, it was a long trip :) To be friendly with the Kilrathi don't kill them, don't get any mission in which you must kill them or an unknow threat (usually kilrathi). If you kill some confeds it also helps.

Zhak.

Another Traitor to the Confed !:mad:

Back