Kilrathi Asteroid in Privateer

Zhakrin

Spaceman
Hi,

Maybe some of you remember a usual conversation with the barman in Privateer about a kilrathi asteroid or planet with a large amount of weapons, a secret depot of some sort. One of the many times I played I managed to be friendly with the Kilrathi (makes missions prior to the Steltek much easier) and traveled through all the Kilrathi systems, but I didn't find anything.

Do any of you know something about this? I was quite obsessed with this :) . Possibly it's just a designer's trick to keep you interested.

Zhak.

Some people say that is the Steltek Asteroid (i agree with that)
others that is just a gossip, just a piece of info

It may be a reference to the Steltek derelict... and even if it isn't, it doesn't matter, because the only asteroid base included in the game is the standard mining/pirate base.

thought: Maybe it was in the original privateer but was removed, just like the Retro mission and the arrival of the steltek that was removed from the final product?
I remember flying through cat territory looking every inch just to find out there is nothing there :( . And when i returned i was an inch from death and vowed never to go through there again.

Yeah, possibly it refers to the Steltek base. After all, there were lots of cats roaming about, and the Steltek gun can be considered an arsenal. Strange, however, that the designers didn't put a kilrathi base. It would have been cool to smuggle weapons to the cats, and it doesn't seem so difficult to implement.

Zhak.

actually, i was thinking about selling cat weapons to pirates, but smuggling to the cats would be cool to.

:) Yeah, a profitable business between pirates and Kilrathi. I always thought there should be more effect of your actions in Gemini sector. For example, if you manage to ship a high tech cargo to the cats, or you don't defend this or that confed base, they fall to Kilrathi hands and so on. In a way, make the galaxy more dynamic. Imagine Perry Naval Base or New Detroit in the hands of Kilrah! ;D

I mentioned the 'Kilrathi asteroid' to the guys working on Freelancer at Digital Anvil last week... they said they'd learned their lesson and wouldn't have such ambiguous rumors in FL (G)

Thank God? Why? Such ambiguous rumours are great, they give you things to look for... and not find ;).

i don't know how many times i died looking for that damn asteroid. it pissed me off greatly. that's why i thank god

I think I'm the only person in the world who assumed everything non-plot bartenders told you was a rumor and completely useless... I never once tried looking for the Kilrathi Asteroid.

Me either, or some of those otehr rumors they had. I have never lookded for the asteriod. If fact, I never noticed that rumor until I came here.

Back