Just a note about the board...

Saturnyne

Vice Admiral
It might just be me... I use Netscape 4.7x.

When there are posts that are more than one page long, whether you click on "last page" or the number 1 link, I end up at the last page in the thread.

No that happens to me too, I'm using IE5.5SP1 and IE6.0.
The link used to be 'first page'. Now it just doesn't make any sense.
Can anyone fix that?

Unforgiven, I always found it completely odd the way this board uses a Bottom-Up posting style... only one that I've ever used that does. Took me ages to get used to it.

Yes, I get that. But now both the '1' link and the 'Last Page' link get you to the same page. That serves no purpose. I want the 'first page' link back that get's you to the page containing the first post of the topic.

In fact, clicking the topic name, the 1 or the 'Last Page' link all do the same thing (only the Last Page link also scrolls down to the last post, which isn't very usefull either since it's the top post anyway).
I guess the guy who designed that is from the Department of Redundancy Department.:)

Hmm, just a small problem I have: When I am voting with the new poll technology, I get a message that my session seems to be faulty and that I have to retry. After hitting retry about 3 or four times, it works. What is behind that?

What makes "Oh so much sense" was that last post, A. :p

More like just trying to get your posting rank up.

And that isn't what you are doing LeHah? ;)
And it makes as much sense as it can in a reverse order board. First Page = Last Page and vice versa.
And man proceeded to prove Black = White and got run over at the next Zebra crossing...:D
(Free to: "A hitchhikers guide to the galaxy", BBC)

Actually, no, but your attempt at teasing me didn't work either, now did it. :)

And don't bring up Hitchhiker's. I got a friend in college in Cali that has more stuff pertaining to Adams than should be legal.

I guess not. I just noticed you're a Brigadier General so you don't need to raise your post count now do you.
While I, on the other hand...:p

And btw, while First Page = Last Page and vice versa, they are not the same page. Now try explaining that to your math teacher.
Quit simple actually. First Page (as in page containg first post) = Last Page (as in page with highest page number).

Why on Terra am I explaining this? I must be really bored.

PS: And another post, just 30 more and I make 2nd lt. (which at this rate will take me months)

Maybe someone should ever propose to abolish the ranking system. It is odd that some people usually begin to count up their posts, to check when their next rank will appear. You are here to post because it makes fun. And not to receive a pseudo-rank. :)
Except that it is usually a theme which appears from time to time....and which gets boring after the 3rd time.

The first sentence was definitely not seriously said. But really...
I sometimes believe I am in the wrong film. Maybe I am. Who knows. Me not. *g*

Originally posted by Fishbone
Originally posted by Fishbone
You are here to post because it makes fun. And not to receive a pseudo-rank. :)
Are you implying that "Keen Commander" is a pseudo-rank? :mad: ARE YOU?

;) Just kidding! But remember what Kris wrote:
Originally posted by KrisV
http://www.crius.net/zone/announcement.php?s=&forumid=1#ranks

You rise in rank by posting. This is not to encourage pointless posts, but to acknowledge posters who have contributed a lot to the Chat Zone.
It's nice to see that here too, as in WC1, you get credit for your actions... <g>

And to the transgressors, posting to increase your post count is a bannable offense... (dixit LOAF)

Nobody here would get banned for senseless posts. *g*
Credit for your actions yes. The pic is a good idea anyways. But maybe given by the staff. There are alternate possibilities to the ranking system....but as I meant it was not definitely said in a serious way. We have the rank system. And it is principally not bad. But....it really nerves me sometimes to read the same debates. Again and again. I mean people can't buy anything for being Major instead of Captain (in my case). Except maybe the pic. It is more useful. Because more individual....but the rest interests me not a bit at all. And even for the pic I'd not begin senseless posting. :)

Hey I didn't mean to start a religious war here about ranking. I myself couldn't care less about what rank I am.
And I definitely don't shoot for pseudo-ranks.
Somehow this reminds me of the way Commander Keen got angry when someone in I believe the CK4 story kept calling him Captain Keen.;)

Don't you just hate losing posts because the board tells you you should wait 90 seconds or used to many smilies?
I don't mind waiting or removing smilies or whatever, but I do mind retyping the whole post. Can't it just go back to this page, with your original text still in place and tell you to wait/correct it?

Back