Idea

Argh Mekt!!

I was being sarcastic!!
I was hinting at the fact that from what LOAF said, he deserved well the place of "BARON" in the LMG... :D

You got that, didn't you LOAF? (ah, ces Allemands-français... ;))

Originally posted by mpanty
Argh Mekt!!

I was being sarcastic!!
I was hinting at the fact that from what LOAF said, he deserved well the place of "BARON" in the LMG...

You got that, didn't you LOAF? (ah, ces Allemands-français... ;))

Aha. I still do not get what your quote about LOAF making a rimshot mp3 has to do with his guild but I guess it is not that important. :)

(How do I make these cedilles (don't know if it is spelled corretly) under the c in "francais" ?)

I was saying that LOAF's behaviour of "rimshooting" himself is... well, what I'm saying is that the LMG deserves him as The Baron... :)

For the "cedille", I already explained this to Manjana once... but since you're half French, I am willing to make an exception... LOL

1) Press your NUM LOCK key. The light on the top right should go ON.

2) Press ALT + the following key combinations. You must keep ALT pressed until the end. e.g. hold alt + 130, release ALT...

3) The following key combinations are from the Numeric keypad, the one on the far right of your keyboard

ALT + 130 = é
ALT + 138 = è
ALT + 136 = ê
ALT + 133 = à
ALT + 131 = â
ALT + 140 = î
ALT + 147 = ô
ALT + 150 = û

and...

ALT + 135 = ç

Tout le plaisir est pour moi... :)

Aha.

Thanks for your explanation. And it even works, see: "français" . But there is an easier way to put "é" or "à" and so on on the German keyboard: The key to the right side of "ß". :)
(Two keys to the right from the 0) Does it exist on American keyboards too?

Argh!!

I'm afraid American keyboards neither have "à"s or "é"s, nor "es-zet"s ("ß") keys... :(

Num keypad is WAY easier than using the "Insert symbol" from WORD, don't you think? ;)

But they do have... *THIS*: `````````````````````````````` -- and hey, what is that thing? It's like a ', but not!

I hate `. People put it in their IRC nicks and make you mess up when you try to do /whoises and /msgs.

TC

Mmmmh... I think even French keyboards have that `...

Don't know, we'll see when Mekt or some other European comes back... ;)

IIRC...
` is the true apostrophe (sp?). example: that`s it
' is the single quote. example "CATS said 'All your base...' then laughed," said the captain.

' is used when you are writing a quote inside another quote.

I know this since there are some webboard softwae that blow up when you putt ' in your signature, and so you have to use ` instead.

[Edited by Meson on 03-18-2001 at 03:08]

except an apostophe goes the opposite direction. It goes from up right to down left... rather than `

TC

Originally posted by mpanty
Argh!!

I'm afraid American keyboards neither have "à"s or "é"s, nor "es-zet"s ("ß") keys... :(

Num keypad is WAY easier than using the "Insert symbol" from WORD, don't you think? ;)
They just enables you to make these accents, not the specific letter é, à etc...
But I would prefer the Num keypard way to the Word insertion, too.
And what LOAF had been posting (´´´´´´) is just this key I meant. Hit it and then type a or e whereever you want the accent to appear (of course it only works on letters that can have this accent. If it cannot then something like this will appear: ´t or `t )

All you have to do to get any symbol on the keyboard, is use ascii code. There is thousands of them. Your special letters are in the thousands I think..

[Edited by Zor Prime on 03-18-2001 at 15:22]

Back