Idea

Whaddaya mean, "Stop whining"? Everyone's screaming "Recession!" while the government valiantly tries to maintain consumer confidence... oh, what the heck, you gotta have a recession sooner or later. Anyway, off to ECON class now... :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Yeah, well, only 5-6 years ago, the AUD was 70c US...

Hey try 2 years ! Didn't we shoot up to about 75-80c there for a period, before the gradual slip to 50? Maybe that was when Elle McPherson was still a marketable product, and Pat cash was winning tennis matches :)

Everyone knows our economy isn't affected by world markets or economic strategies .... its directly related to how well our sports teams are doing, or how popular our human "exports" are. (Boy, Kylie Minogue should be put in prison for bringing this country to its knees :D )

The drumb noise that gets made when a comedian deadpans a joke. We've got a rimshot.wav we play on IRC whenever somebody makes an awful pun...

Ah! It's all clear now! We used to make that noise all the time in high school when someone makes a bad joke. Sometimes even to indicate that we were making a bad joke ourselves.

Yup, that's how it works on IRC.

I made an mp3 of it, put little speakers in my vest and loaded it onto my mp3 player... so now I can make bad jokes and rimshot myself IRL.

Next step: a laugh track.

No it isn't :( I actually go Badoom-chng in real life... it sounds much better than it looks in text form...

TC

That's what I meant by when we used to rimshoot in high school, I just didn't know the term for it back then.

I needed the recording, as I never mastered the *saying* of the rimshot sound... it always comes off strange when I try.

No, badoom-ching isn't mastering it, it's cheating -- you have to *make* the sound, not say it (just saying rimshot is particularly ineffective, too).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
(...)I made an mp3 of it, put little speakers in my vest and loaded it onto my mp3 player... so now I can make bad jokes and rimshot myself IRL.

Next step: a laugh track.

Aren't you The Baron from LOAF's Merry Guild by any chance? ;)

Back