Idea

REALLY!!!!! :)

My mom is quite good at quilting herself...
(I don't know if this is relevant to the already highly intellectual debate...:))

Lets have another idea, how bout we all get together and send a letter asking them to give us KS or we will burn their houses down

Hmmm, this sounds like a violent conspiracy to force Origin to re-release KS. I like the sound of that. Count me in!
:D

Originally posted by mpanty
God... I wish they could hear you... :D
They'll probably do nothing but laugh... :(
Or tell us to move on. Really, I don't know why they would spend a dime to re-release a game like KS that is itself a re-release of several games. If you add up all the re-releases and bundled deals, the WC games have really lived quite a long life.

Because they could make some money, buy making them available for limited purchase from us online, not including anything but a shrink wraped set of CDs and then having the manual in .pdf format

Originally posted by Napoleon
Because they could make some money, buy making them available for limited purchase from us online, not including anything but a shrink wraped set of CDs and then having the manual in .pdf format
Really, how many people would want to pay for a 5+ year old game? I wonder if the re-released version would make enough money to justify even ONE executive decision meeting on the subject. I'm skeptical, they'd have to train tech support staff, advertise, etc.

Originally posted by Marcml30
Really, how many people would want to pay for a 5+ year old game? I wonder if the re-released version would make enough money to justify even ONE executive decision meeting on the subject. I'm skeptical, they'd have to train tech support staff, advertise, etc.

You, are a pessimist.

I would pay to play a five year old game. And some of those games are even older than that.

Originally posted by Marcml30

You are forgetting ther is no need for ads. or tech support. It could be released as I said for order online with no ad beyond a posing in the CIC and a few other choice sites, cost=0. Then they can release it unsupported cost =0. They could just burn cd off the master cds cost=minimal then charge like 40-70 bucks for it and everybody who would think of buying on e-bay for about 150-500 would buy instead for 40-70 lets say 1000 people do so and say they sell for 70 total cost around maybe 15 bucks per pack making 55 bucks profit making a total of 55,000 profit with the fact that they would retain fan loyalty as well, I see no reason not to.

Guess EA/OSI will never know if people will pay money to buy a 5+ year old game by pasting it on free magazine CD's eh!! IMO, EA/OSI are too stuck up on UO3D and their MMP to see how simple it is to continue to draw in money on the WC games. What is most puzzling, is if they are attempting to gain more fan base for the WC games by placing them in CD compilations for magazines, why the heck dont they make them available for sale on their sites? Although I have every WC game cept maybe the secret missions for WC1 original, I wouldnt hesitate to re purchase the games if I needed to. One member here bought a game, few days later their house burned down!! Dont know if they found replacements yet, but if EA/OSI had the games for sale, there wouldnt be much trouble replacing them! I think EA/OSI have their heads in the sand and are simply ignoring the core WC community, plus the daily new members and players that want the games. So sad! :(

RFBurns

You are forgetting ther is no need for ads. or tech support. It could be released as I said for order online with no ad beyond a posing in the CIC and a few other choice sites, cost=0. Then they can release it unsupported cost =0. They could just burn cd off the master cds cost=minimal then charge like 40-70 bucks for it and everybody who would think of buying on e-bay for about 150-500 would buy instead for 40-70 lets say 1000 people do so and say they sell for 70 total cost around maybe 15 bucks per pack making 55 bucks profit making a total of 55,000 profit with the fact that they would retain fan loyalty as well, I see no reason not to.
You are obviously not a business major - every venture involves overhead. Every hour that a tech spends with a CIC member is a cost. Every call they get where they have to explain "There is no tech support for this product" involves a tech supt person which involves a cost. Granted, the cost would be relatively small but... What you are missing is that EA/OSI is in the business to make money. I am sure that they have looked at the franchise and decided that it just wouldn't be worth it. I work for a large corporation - my company doesn't mess with projects/programs that will net them even 100K profit because it's not worth it due to overhead or other hidden costs. Believe me, I would love to see EA re-release some of their older games (Crusader No Regret is one of them). When someone at EA sees that there is money to be made in the space sim genre they will make a new game - although maybe not a WC one. The same thing happened with the RPG genre - no one was making games. Now look at it.

It would also be *very* expensive for the CIC to release a game like that -- we pay hundreds of dollars in bandwith fees without giving away computer games.

Similarly, Origin can't *publish* the game, either -- you have to sell 250,000+ units of something to make the pressing worthwhile... why make copies of WC1 to sell to a few thousand people when you can sell a million copies of a Sims addon for the same price?

Ach... stop whining! :) Now it's 50c, so what?

Look at Liras, Rupies, Rubles... THEY have to worry... :(

Back