How ANNOYING did you find the fact...

Heeey, come on. All you have is vague descriptions. Wait and see, maybe this weird system they want to introduce will actually be good. Provided the game is ever released, of course ;).

If you hope so, then you'd better do some serious thinking. Ignoring the obvious "FL was so far behind time and over budget that MS had to step in", FL was nonetheless a very innovative concept, and the weird mode of flying with the mouse was certainly a part of that concept. What you're saying is that you hope MS will make them change it back to a normal spacesim, and thus sap all its innovation out of it (you think they'll stop at the control system?). Woo-hoo, you'll get yourself yet another Elite clone.

Originally posted by Icedagger
Well, all I can say is no self-respecting privateer type would let a mouse-controlled autopilot-like system control his/her ship. It just wouldn't seem right! I guess we could pretend the pilot is using a joystick, even if we poor, earthbound gamers will be stuck using a mouse. Oh well.

Some peckerwood has to take the beast up, and some peckerwood has to..land the sob, and that peckerwood is called a...PILOT! {quote from Pancho, The Right Stuff}.

I agree with this! No auto pilot thing, mouse clicking junk.

RFB

Actually, I was at the lancersreactor site, and according to them, you "can" use a joystick to control your ship, but you have to disable your ship's autopilot by holding down [CTRL] or something like that. Of course, they also said the mouse control was cool, and they had seen the E3 2000 presentation, so maybe it will be okay, after all. Although, it looks like it may not run on my old computer. Very sad, but perhaps it will just be an excuse to get a new one.

Originally posted by Quarto
Originally posted by mpanty
I read on Black Lance's Navpoint that the actual armor of the Tiger's Claw (in the game, not on Joan's Fighting Spacecraft) is only TWICE as thick as that of a Drayman!!! Is this true?
False. The Drayman's and the 'Claw's armour values are the same in the game as they are in the manual. Shields are slightly different, though - the Drayman has 12/12 in-game, whereas the 'Claw has 29.9/29.9.

Where can I get the real in-game stats for the WC games, please?

And BTW: Whereas I never saw a friendly Capship firing, i only once saw a Dorkir firing her Turreted Laser at me.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

And BTW: Whereas I never saw a friendly Capship firing, i only once saw a Dorkir firing her Turreted Laser at me.
The Dorkir always fires its laser... as do all the enemy capships... :confused:

Oh, you actually mean the turreted laser... yeah, maybe it happened only once to me as well...
Weird... :confused:

Yes, I mean the turreted laser[/i], like I said. :p
Against which ship happened it to you? I approached the front of the Dorkir, when suddenly 3 or 4 orange balls spread out of the Dorkir together with that funny sound. i never managed to get them firing at me again.

Yes, I mean the turreted laser[/i], like I said. :p
Against which ship happened it to you? I approached the front of the Dorkir, when suddenly 3 or 4 orange balls spread out of the Dorkir together with that funny sound. I never managed to get them firing at me again.

Eh eh... probably a bug...

This time, a bug that enables an ability that should be present... Programming yields funny results I guess... :)

No, the Ralari, Fralthi, Snakeir, Sivar or Lumbari never fired their lasers at me. Only Flak and missiles.
The flak are the lasers. There were no flak cannons on WC1 capships.

Sure there were. After all the "Claw Marks states" on page 28 that capships have both Flak Guns, as well as Turreted Lasers. The Flak guns are those things that explode in your viewscreen but never do any damage and the turreted Lasers are, well, Laser balls fired at you, but not exploding. As I said, that Turreted Laser was only fired once at me when flying towards a Dorkir.

Back