How ANNOYING did you find the fact...

Yes... without owning DA, MS was obligated to release whatever they produced independantly, ie Conquest and Loose Cannon. By buying DA, MS aquires complete control of everything they do...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...just a classic.
I suppose that explains why I only managed to get it in the EA classics edition. Where they repackage poor selling games in an attempt to sell more copies, right?

Sometimes... the first line of classics was a genuine attempt to get us some rare games. Later ones were just repackaged stuff that they hadn't sold <G>

I'm one of the 30,000! Actually, I think Starlancer was a fun game, and had some big improvements over Prophecy in the combat portion, but without a decent story, it just isn't as cool. Maybe Freelancer will be better?

I got my copy straight from MS through their NFR program. But from what I understand, freelancer is going to be somewhat like x-beyond the frontier, and priv and those type games. At least thats what I hope.....

No it isn't. The ship will fly itself, you just point and click at whatever you want dead. With the money you make you buy a better autopilot.

It has some sort of mouse driven interface as default, but last I heard the joystick would still be an option.

I think you might still be flying manually at some point, but from what I've heard the autopilot takes of the second you come under attack. Maybe they've changed their minds on this already, but at one point it was said there wouldn't be any joystick support at all.

But seeing how it's been delayed so long, it could still end up very different from what was originally announced. And it might not come out anymore at all (which seems to be the current trend).

I heard the mouse rumor too, and I hope they change their minds about it. Sure, make it an option, but a flight sim without a joystick just isn't right.

Well, all I can say is no self-respecting privateer type would let a mouse-controlled autopilot-like system control his/her ship. It just wouldn't seem right! I guess we could pretend the pilot is using a joystick, even if we poor, earthbound gamers will be stuck using a mouse. Oh well.

Back