Hi There!!

I don't get it... I e-mailed you back go. Oh well, gotta go.

P.S. Don't tell the mod's about this, they don't like it when I treat the board as a chat room.

Originally posted by Mav23
I don't get it... I e-mailed you back go. Oh well, gotta go.

P.S. Don't tell the mod's about this, they don't like it when I treat the board as a chat room.

Sure thing...see ya!!

Well, if you know somebody on the inside of EA (like I did), you can get all of them for free.
I think you really ought to stop bragging about getting them for free.

Just wait until I become a Captain! Then I can really "smack-it-down"!
Ranks mean nothing in regards to authority here unless you're a General or a Space Marshal.

Ranks mean nothing in regards to authority here unless you're a General or a Space Marshal.
They're just funny. Once one of my friends watched this side, my post and the rank beside it..he didn't believe it was me.:)
But you're right nobody has more authority here except that special ranks, which the poster on the normal way doesn't archieve...so a Cadet, a Captain and a Lieutenant General (for ex.) have the same authority (none)...:)
BTW: How do you become Admin here (in the chat I am, I had to do nothing for it...just to know another one well and so I also became...but it is a province-one compared to the CIC chat)? Not that I'd like to (one time Admin is enough for my taste and I wouldn't be suitable in your eyes...I over-react too much, I know.), but I could imagine, you write an e-mail to the poster if he seems to be good enough? Or does the poster have to e-mail you??? And the people whom are, meet and think about? Or must the poster have special qualities? I just don't know...

Getting them for free from EA would have been a shame... I'm sure we all know WC dev team people we could convince to give us the game -- but who doesn't have wonderful memories of rushing out to the store to get WC stuff? When I first met Joe from the Origin Museum in real-life, we talked about that for hours! <G>

As for being an admin... you generally have to be a member of the CIC staff, although I'm sure we could make exceptions. If you're here for quite a while and you don't break any rules -- and we *need* a new moderator -- you can be made a moderator like Quarto.

*g* What do you mean why I set in brackets that I wouldn't be suitable in your eyes...I brake too many rules. I really didn't count but some times I really did...(something between 10 or 20 times I'd say). And Quarto was the case I also was referring to. That was the only rank-change in that way I've seen since I am member here. And for the CIC staff I don't know whether I'd be suitable for it. Said in another way: what would you expect as knowledge etc.?(didn't want to say you won't take me at all, what would most propably be the case:))...
But with the *need* of a new chat staff member I was right...you contact if you need...

I'm sure you'd be a fine moderator -- you're a nice person, you don't cause trouble and you know the rules... we just don't really need any moderators right now, since the CZ is pretty quiet these days.

*g* good joke..:) Nice compliments, but you know it isn't so...I know the rules, okay, but not very many members brake them as often as I do. That with the nice person, thanks I can only give back...you're also.
But with the trouble, not meant in a bad way: how would you call the happenings during the last weeks? It was trouble, caused by me. Nothing else...;)
And moderators are there to keep the peace 'beyond the lines' (like Quarto did in my case) and not to destroy it. So I have the opinion I would be the contrast of a fine moderator...if you have another one, I also cannot say it is wrong, but I don't know whether you thought of those things...
And after all I didn't say I'd like to be a staff member (is that the higher word for Moderator/Admin?, hope so).
It was just the way I was interested in, because I know another one.

Sorry you guys. Yes I know the rules, and that rank means nothing. I was just messin'. You guys take things very seriously here don't you? Oh, and Wedge, why should I stop bragging? It's fun! And besides, all of you said that you could do the same, so don't get so bent out of shape already :)

Also, LOAF, I was reading the front page of the CIC and I was wondering, where does LOAF come from? Is it something I should of already guessed by now?

It wasn't referring to you, Mav. With becoming Admin here, tht interested me in general. And the rule-thing was just another 'joke' between Loaf and me, because he also knows how often I brake them....we don't want to ask anybody here: 'Hey ,do you know the rules?' That would be stupid...:)

Originally posted by Scorpio
Hey everyone...I'm Scorpio and I'm a brazilian WC fan...just want to say Hi to you all...
Oh, one other thing...I need help to find the WC series...I only have WC IV and I'd like to get the first ones...any help would be aprecciated...

Welcome aboard pilot. I suggest you monitor the CIC news home page and look at the ebay listings for WC items. Just about every day, there are listings for tons of WC items, usually you will find the earlier games real cheap.

If you have an older machine around to run the original versions, thats the best thing to have instead of trying to get the newer machines to run them. Another thing you can do is simply get Kilrathi Saga, which will save you the headache of setting up the machine to run the DOS versions. Kilrathi Saga is coded for Win95 and will run smooth and at the right speed.

Keep tabs on ebay and you can fill your collection in no time!

Again, welcome aboard the capship CZ!! ;)

RFB

Also, LOAF, I was reading the front page of the CIC and I was wondering, where does LOAF come from? Is it something I should of already guessed by now?

I've learned the secret from the ever powerful book of LOAF....actually, I was just hanging out in Wingnut when it popped up and enlightened me....

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I'm sure you'd be a fine moderator -- you're a nice person, you don't cause trouble and you know the rules... we just don't really need any moderators right now, since the CZ is pretty quiet these days.

Would you like us to make some noise? I could accomodate that...

Chat Zone moderator / administrator and CIC Staff are not positions you apply for. "Don't call us, we'll call you." I haven't seen or heard from Earthworm for a while. He's probably just busy or has found a better use for his spare time.

LOAF is right, we don't need another moderator right now. The Zone is pretty calm (I haven't deleted a post or closed a thread in days), and remember that the Administrators also keep an eye on things (although some a lot more than others).

I don't think I've ever told anyone where LOAF comes from (not even the Book, despite the fact that it contains several different explanations:)). There are a lot of interesting theories, though... and it was the source of a giant thread at Origin's WC:CZ years ago. :)

Back