Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Wedge009
Ignoring that comment that Angel was babbling about that the Raptor only has a thirty-something percent chance of success against a Jalthi. :)

Yeah, well, I think Angel was talking out of her (very cute) backside there. :)

Best, Raptor

Speaking of Rapiers, is there any info as to when they were retired? And the same for Morningstars and Crossbows... did they ever make it through the prototype stage?

--Eder

Rapier IIs were still around with Confed until '69 and possibly further. The Border Worlds operated them during the '73 conflict.

The Morningstar and Crossbow both entered service, according to the Academy manual.

My guess..

is he is a complete WC addict. He's read every novel, seen the movie, played every game, and on and on. And thus, he gets his knowledge therefrom.. Plus he might know a game programmer or two.. :-p

Ben

Re: My guess..

Originally posted by Ben
is he is a complete WC addict. He's read every novel, seen the movie, played every game, and on and on. And thus, he gets his knowledge therefrom.. Plus he might know a game programmer or two..

With the single exception of Academy, I apply to the above as well. It's not that uncommon a thing on this board, I believe.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Of course it will work but most other fighters will work better ;).

heh heh... perhaps we should remember that a ship is only as good as its pilot. It might not be the Hellcat's inability to fly, but the pilot's inability to fly it. :p

Bah! :)

No, of course, since the Kilrathi fighters were almost all so inferior to even the Hellcat that it was no real problem for me to fly with her. But why use her? She is considerably slower and less nimble than the Arrow but not much faster or more nimble than the Thunderbolt, which has absolutely superior firepower.

Well

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Bah! :)

No, of course, since the Kilrathi fighters were almost all so inferior to even the Hellcat that it was no real problem for me to fly with her. But why use her? She is considerably slower and less nimble than the Arrow but not much faster or more nimble than the Thunderbolt, which has absolutely superior firepower.

I'd have to agree with Saturnyne, on this, its the pilots preference, granted it has not the speed of an arrow, but it contains more shields, missles, and better guns. Also, the Thunderbolt may have better guns and shields, but the Hellcat has the better speed. You think of it as a "middle child" so to speak: its just there in the middle, it doesn't excel at anything; I think of it as a comprimise, it has better speed than the Thunderbolt and better shielding then the arrow. Its in the middle, it has a alittle of what the other two ships. You think it as the other two ships have a excel in 1 think, this one is better in my mind because it's got the qualities of every ship. She's more than "a little" more fast then a Thunderbolt. Also, some Kilrathi ships are tight... The Jalthi, I always liked the Dralthi, Then there's the ship Thrakath flew. That's tight...

Originally posted by Mav23
man... I still want to know where you get all of this stuff LOAF :)

Well, the Rapier II appeared in Fleet Action as a Confed fighter and in the WCIV novel as a UBW fighter... so that's where those dates come from <G>

Re: Well

Originally posted by Ben

I'd have to agree with Saturnyne, on this, its the pilots preference, granted it has not the speed of an arrow, but it contains more shields, missles, and better guns. Also, the Thunderbolt may have better guns and shields, but the Hellcat has the better speed. You think of it as a "middle child" so to speak: its just there in the middle, it doesn't excel at anything; I think of it as a comprimise, it has better speed than the Thunderbolt and better shielding then the arrow. Its in the middle, it has a alittle of what the other two ships. You think it as the other two ships have a excel in 1 think, this one is better in my mind because it's got the qualities of every ship. She's more than "a little" more fast then a Thunderbolt. (...)
Sure it's pure preference all the way, no question.

My problem with the Hellcat is: Its heavier gun loadout and better shields does not compensate for the loss of 100kps tops speed (or even 200 kps of AB speed) and as well as the loss of 2 missiles and of 80° of maneuvrability in comparison to the Arrow, whereas the TBolt's guns, added torpedo and better protection are very well the worth the tradeoff of 40kps top speed (and 200kps ABspeed) and 30° compared to the Hellcat. IMHO, the tradeoffs the Hellcat makes are not worth her benefits.

I agree about the Hellcat, but the T-Bolt moves like a Gratha from wc1; it is just SO unmaneuverable. I could easily kill one with a Hornet, LOL!

You do realise that a T-Bolt (stats wise) has about five times the agility of a Hornet, right?

Best, Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back