Hell fuckin' yeah!

YES!! This is amazing news!! This just... just... r0x0rz in every way known. I can't wait for new Wing Commander anything! :D

A hearty "w00t w0t!!" indeed :D :D

Originally posted by Gravimetric
Well..it finally worked...after all this time all i had to do was sell my soul to the devil to get WC back :D

That bastard told me mine wasn't good enough to pull off a job like this...Well, at least that means I've got mine, and while you don't have yours-WE have WC! Hell yeah! :D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I just want to say thanks to the CIC and all the people that kept WC alive for its brief absence. You guys assured everyone wc would return, and it did.

Are you sure they are making WC games too? There are pictures of old WC games in the games section, and pictures of the wc movie in the film section. I hope that means there will be more products in these categories.

did they get the rights from EA or do they some how share the rights to Wing Commander , oh well this is just great news as it is. I wonder if they would continue the series where Prophecy left off? Personaly I wish they would make a game where you are at the start of the conflict with the cats or a game involing the battle of Earth.

heh... it makes me wonder if people who felt like they were "left hanging" after Prophecy would feel if their questions were answered not as a game sequel, but as a full television series.

If anyone now says that Wing Commander is dead, I authorize you all teach them a lesson. :cool:

Originally posted by Razer92
did they get the rights from EA or do they some how share the rights to Wing Commander , oh well this is just great news as it is. I wonder if they would continue the series where Prophecy left off? Personaly I wish they would make a game where you are at the start of the conflict with the cats or a game involing the battle of Earth.

IIRC, Chris Roberts has TV and movie rights to the series.

IIRC, Chris Roberts has TV and movie rights to the series.

i dont think CR has the rights to the games anymore either, however, if the TV show is a success then it is likely that EA will release more WC games anyway! :) This could be the start of something big..... after all IIRC LOAF said that the WCA won its timeslot when airing on TV and it was only axed because they were aiming for a younger audience than was currently watching the show. which was teenage to young adult? LOAF can you clarify?

I doubt it *won* its timeslot -- it was a cable show in 1996, afterall... but it supposedly did much better than any of the other shows it was blocked with on USA (Savage Dragon, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter)...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No, we don't specifically know what they can do yet...

After I looked at everything on their web site, I sent them an email asking them a few general questions about the show and whether or not they were going to be making games. Hopefully the will reply today........

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have emailed them too?

makes you wish that poll that was on the front page concerning "What kindof year will it be for Wing Commander" was still there huh? It's also amazing to me that they've been so secretive about a new WC series/game. Usually networks/studios will leak out information to get a rough idea of how people will receive the show. I didn't even hear a whisper untl it was posted in full color on the CIC! :)

Cheers

Originally posted by Viper61
makes you wish that poll that was on the front page concerning "What kindof year will it be for Wing Commander" was still there huh? It's also amazing to me that they've been so secretive about a new WC series/game. Usually networks/studios will leak out information to get a rough idea of how people will receive the show. I didn't even hear a whisper untl it was posted in full color on the CIC! :)

Cheers

We... uhm.. might have been contacted previously about interest in a TV show among current fans... heh.

We... uhm.. might have been contacted previously about interest in a TV show among current fans... heh.

Funny. I was thinking that this morning when I remembered your current poll about what a new show or movie should be about.

Sneaky, but I don't mind pleasant surprises.

Cheers

Loaf, How long have you been known something like this was in the works?

This is not a gripe at all just wanted to give kudos for helping keep the spirit alive.

Originally posted by Michael_A
Loaf, How long have you been known something like this was in the works?

This is not a gripe at all just wanted to give kudos for helping keep the spirit alive.

Since before Concordia went down <G>

(No, but seriously, it's certainly not a sure thing yet -- but it's great to see something announced... keep your fingers crossed until it hurts!)

Back