Hell fuckin' yeah!

I don't see it -- the pre-production photos of the Lightnings are rusty, but it's been painted over in the actual movie.

Considering peoples' attitude towards anything about the movie, I doubt anything could settle this...

About the rust? :p
I'm erratic in my opinions about the movie, sometimes they're positive to an extent, sometimes very negative, it certainly wasn't FANTASTIC but it wasn't as bad as is often made out.

Heres a couple of pictures of Rapiers on the set of the movie

wcexpo16.jpg

wcexpo15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And you settled it in favour of LOAF, ok now I really want to sell my VHS and get the DVD again :D

So...600 years in the future, Confed has developed starships capable of obliterating planets yet still rust :D

Mmmmh Bob's got a point... :) In 600 years they still haven't found a super anti-oxidizing agent of some kind? :)

As usual, the thread wandered way way off-topic... let's get back to the point boys! WING COMMANDER HAS RETURNED TO US! :)

about the coloration: didnt some manual somewhere (WC1?) note that the material used in the Kilrathi ships was a reddish Durasteel that gave it an almost rusty color? Could not a similar material be used in these ships?

Originally posted by Bob McDob
So...600 years in the future, Confed has developed starships capable of obliterating planets yet still rust :D

Did you actually read any of this thread? You know, the one where we were talking about it *NOT* being rust?

Back