Hell fuckin' yeah!

Well rusty metal.... rust... in space.... errr no sense, Oxygen anyone?

Personally I think green marshmallow fighters would be a good cash in :) Yumm marshamallow Wing Commander merchandise (and you just know LOAF would pay to have a few frozen in liquid nitrogen to prevent any aging)

Erm, they're like WW2 fighters because they're *rusty*? All the WC1 ships are rusty, too...

(WW2 fighters probably didn't rust much when they were in combat, either... but when they were onboard carriers...)

The WC1 ships didn't look rusty to me, but I wasn't the one complaining about the WW2 looking fighters, its just that Frosty brought up another point which I was replying to, the rust

Originally posted by Pedro
The WC1 ships didn't look rusty to me, but I wasn't the one complaining about the WW2 looking fighters, its just that Frosty brought up another point which I was replying to, the rust

They've got little bits of rust all over them. You see it in the close-ups when you take off.

Frosty brought up another point which I was replying to, the rust
I never brought up rust. That's just something you came up with out of the blue.

Ahhwell I was always a fan of the style of the later games style (well maybe not WCP) anyway but I only noticed it in the movie, not WC1

Ahh point, you brought up the fact they looked like they were made of metal which made me think of the rust :D

Ahhwell I was always a fan of the style of the later games style (well maybe not WCP) anyway but I only noticed it in the movie, not WC1
And yet, it exists, thereby nullifying whatever point you had.

Wow really, so now things CAN rust without Oxygen? Wing Commander you're going to piss off my high school chemistry teacher.

No, they're saying that onboard the carriers, which would have oxygen, the fighters will eventually rust. When they go out into space this rust isn't going to just vanish, it'll still be there. The simple wear and tear/age of the fighter itself, as well as the overhalls and repairs, will eventually lead to it rusting. However, it will not rust in space, it will rust once it is in the carrier's hanger/bays.

Which goes to prove my point then... little rust believable

Total rust bucket.... not so believable

They look like flying rust...

I did like WC movie Dralthis :)
(and yes I know I'm in the minority there but they were cool)

How could you possibly be in the minority about the Dralthi? They look like all the other Dralthi.

When Blair and Marshall first arrive on the Tiger's Claw, Maniac coments that the Rapiers are beat to hell. That in my mind signifies that they are over used and in bad need of an overhaul. Not that they are rust buckets which they are not. They may appear rusted or discolored becasuse of combat fatigue.

Blackened and patched up woulda made more sense 2 me :) And the game dralthi were black with bright patches of glowing green?!

Back