Handles .. .

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong Loaf, but were the Cod Wars the unofficial name for the dispute between the UK and Iceland over fishing rights in the seventies?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, various ships managed to get themselves rammed.

Cheers

My callsign comes from C.J. Cherryh's "Chanur" novels.
In the language of my favourite species this universe, the Kif, it is the highest title, meaning sth like "King". I used that callsign for Blair since WC1 since WCP I use G.A.G. for Casey which is a abbreviation for another combination of titles.

BTW when I don't use my "serious" callsgings I often use "Pinguin" which is German for "Penguin" (d'oh!). Penguins do rock! :)

Originally posted by panther
Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong Loaf, but were the Cod Wars the unofficial name for the dispute between the UK and Iceland over fishing rights in the seventies?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, various ships managed to get themselves rammed.

Cheers

Yup... but in the Wing Commander sense, it was a series of battles fought between deep space fishermen... from Privateer 2 <G> (Apparently there are fish in space).

Mine comes from my real world initials - 'J' and 'R'. I use it on nearly every board I post on, no matter how infrequently, and I'm absolutely amazed at how little trouble I have getting hold of such a common word for my username.

Yup... but in the Wing Commander sense, it was a series of battles fought between deep space fishermen... from Privateer 2 <G> (Apparently there are fish in space).

I guess that means I'm showing my age if I can remember that far back :)

Cheers

hm... LOAF = Lord Of All Fire? Lord Of All Fighters?

Lord Of Amazing Flings?

It boggles the mind. Somehow, I get that the first three letters mean "lord of all". Now I'm going to think about what it is until my brain explodes.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Yes... giant tuna....

My handle came from the rank I would be happy to achieve in the real military (Colonel) and my abbreviated first name (Domenic = Dom). However, don't let my handle fool you...

I AM THE MANIC :cool:

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all saw that episode of Robotech.

Did I mention how I double as the Real Life Roy Fokker too :D ??

Oh wait, I believe I have!

Oh wait, this is a Wing Commander forum!

MANIAC FOREVER :cool:

I'm just two, as well (plus the extras DVD in that set) :D

I'm missing box set #5... I skipped over it and just had to have the first New Generation box set! I was never too enthusiastic about Southern Cross....

You guys were getting off topic anyway, I grabbed my handle off that old game Major Stryker, but I changed it a little bit. In the WC games I always went by Cobra, it was just recently that I grabbed this handle. It fits me pretty well I think.

Back