Handles .. .

Viper61

Spaceman
I know some of you won't like to answer this question but to those of you who do. . .

What made you pick your callsign for this board? I know some people chose thier names because they sound cool and some just use their names, but I know some of you have stories to go with your callsigns. Here's mine . . .

I played football from the time I was in the 3rd grade till I graduated high school. In the 6th grade I played fullback and linebacker (everyone caught up to me in high school and I was forced to play on the line for the rest of my footballl career :( ) and my defensive coach always said that I had a habit of finding the ball no matter where I was on the field. He said that every play he would see me around the ball or under the pile, and he said he could never track me on the field. So he called me "Little Snake" for sneaking around and striking ballcarriers when he least expected it. Well we started calling our linebacker blitzes "Snake" and "Slide" (my co linebackers last name was shelton and he got that nickname from his grandfather, don't ask me how. Hey shelton slide I'd never noticed that till now! :) cool! ). Well, lets just say I didn't like the nickname "Little Snake" for obvious reasons (if you can't figure it out you don't need to :) ), so when we went to high school I was very happy when it kindof faded. So I took the grown-up version of that in Viper and that's been my callsign in every flight/space sim I've ever played. The 61 comes from my football number in high school.

Anyway that's how Viper61 was born. Post some of your stories or gripes that others were taken before you joined, etc.

Later

LeHah is a reference to the villian from Batman: Sword of Azrael. He worshiped the demon Biss.

There's been a thread on this a long while ago :) but here's my story...

My full name is Marco Pantanella, so I decided to americanise it to panty, "m" being the initial of my first name. This dates back to the time I first played Accolade's Grand Prix and The Cycles, very old games mind you... Because there wasn't enough space to put in my full name, I always called myself Marc Panty... :)
When it came to choosing a user name, I just picked mpanty...

As for my rank, it obviously comes from Commander Keen, an amazing platform game series and to quote LOAF's words, "the world's best Mario ripoff"... :cool:

mine's rather simple
my real name's David Leong
i tried david2 along time ago but too many davids on the net already. then came dacis which was(unluckily) taken too. thus i added a "2" tahhdahh! dacis2
there was an alternative, it's the callsign i allways use, a mispelling of the word "Atermis" mine's "AtreMIS" but since so many people mistake my name for the former, i decided dacis2 would be better

Mesons are subatomic particles that keep protons and neutrons bounded together. They are the creations of 2 quarks and a gluon, the Strong force carrier. The word meson was derived from the Greek meso ("middle") by a Japanese physicist, and it is pronounced may-son.

I chose this nick originally because of WC and the meson guns. It has since come to represent my interests in physics as well.

Thymer is the world I created and am currently working on in a variety of ways.I created it so I am the Lord of it, Thymerlord.

Rami Sihvo is my real name ;) I thought that any
my former nicknames would be stupid or lost too
much meaning in translation.

I've been using Raptor as my callsign ever since I played WC1. After flying Hornets and Scimitars, having that much firepower at my disposal was a dream come true.

Best, Raptor

Bandit is my callsign -- it was the name of a dog I had years ago, and what I picked for WC1 on.

The actual origin of LOAF is a secret, but I decided to use it online so I could stand out. At the old Origin Board, back when you could trust people on the inter-web without making them register for stuff, I'd have some variation of the nick in each of my posts, ie Bandit (Half-LOAF) or somesuch. Everybody thought it was terrifyingly amusing. And so forth, and so on.

Ghost comes from the mist of the ages, in every Flight/Space simulator i used him as a callsign since 1990

when on tour with the local rugby club in cornwall, I always had cornish pasty (a local dish consiting of meat and vegtables in pastry) for lunch cause i love them, the cornish name for a pasty is an Oggy.
towards the end of the tour our manager said
"you eat so many of them, you'll turn in to one"
and after that my nick became oggy and its stuck with me now for about seven years.

Destrier = a knight's warhorse.

I was born in the Year of the Horse, and so when I got WC1 (so many years ago) and was looking for a suitably cool sounding callsign, it seemed appropriate.

I've kept it since then.

Saturnyne came about because of a 1996 CD.

My absolute favorite band is the English group Tears For Fears. They had limited success in the US, but are well known for their songs "Shout" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". However, to me, I know them for so many more songs, and TFF has influenced me as a musician as well as a person. In 1996, they released a rarities and B-Sides collection of 18 songs called Saturnine Martial and Lunatic. I loved the idea of the the title in a nickname: Saturnyne the Martial Lunatic. I added the 'y' to make it a little more unique, and have been using it since 1996.

Zor Prime was the "bad guy turned good guy at the last possible minute" character from a TV show known as Robotech. I have used Zor Prime as my nick since WC1.

Originally posted by Penguin
Penguins are my favorite bird - they're fun to watch :p

My girlfriend worked at Sea World in San Antonio for a semester and worked primarily with the penguins. She brought back tapes of them feeding them and caring for them and playing with them. We were watching them and I was rolling around, tears streaming down my face because I was laughing so hard!!! :D

board name

No creativity here this is the first and only board I post to so not knowing any better I just used my first name (Michael) and the first letter of my last name (A)llen.

The callsign I have used most since WC1 starting back in the early 90's was Mavric. It was a derivitive (sp?) of the Tom Cruise's callsign in the 80's flick Top Gun movie Maverick.

Just to clarify this callsign was chosen long before Mark Hammill became Christopher "Maverick" Blair.

Another I have used was "Boomer" from the old Battlestar Galactica show.

Hi,

Since WC1, I've used panther as I though the best thing to fight a cat was another cat. Before that, in the old days of CB Radio, I was Red Baron, but for a flight game I thought this was too egotistical.

Cheers

Back