Game Ports/Where did WCM go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhhhh, I have a lot of fun, a lot of good time and that is the only thing that is need from a WC stuff !!!

Ok no more people not reading the whole thread!
Look you can say all but a very few noisy fans liked the WC movie but it truely doesn't work that way, I don't know the exact figures but 40% was the most anyone was going to get me to believe from what I've seen on this board, on mIRC, from the reaction of my own friends and from the success of the movie and reviews of the film on various websites by people claiming to be fans of the games.

And despite your previosly vehement insistence that you don't need people to agree with you, you've just spent an entire page of threads arguing that, despite no proof whatsoever, that *OF COURSE* everyone agrees with you!

Why are anti-movie people like this?

Actually I thought I put across my points quite well, you just disagreed with me :p
Prove to me that it kept the majority (ie more than half) of the fans happy if you can.

Fine you like the movie but atleast accept the possibility that a sizeable portion of WC fans did not.

Anyway the simple fact remains that the film was a financial failure and therefore mistakes WERE MADE, and they aren't just advertising as films have succeeded before without any.

The thing is, I expect a lot, there is a HUGE choice of books games and movies out there, I don't want to become someone who just follows something blindly.
The games were something exceptional, I have almost no complaints with any of them until they reached Secret Ops (which wasn't free for me, had to buy WCPG) and I can not say the same thing for the movie, which was FAR from being bad as I think I already stated but it was also very far from being upto the incredibly high standards of the game, had it not been called Wing Commander its a film I would have rented rather than buying I have no doubt.

[Edited by Pedro on 07-26-2001 at 08:04]

WCM needed to come out a year earlier and needed some good marketing. I fully agree with those that said it appeared as a 'teeny' and 'pop' sort of movie however was originally scifi. I guess I could see that it was scifi yet was twisted.

Although I like WCM more now than I did when I first saw it...

Originally posted by Pedro
Actually I thought I put across my points quite well, you just disagreed with me :p
Prove to me that it kept the majority (ie more than half) of the fans happy if you can.

Fine you like the movie but atleast accept the possibility that a sizeable portion of WC fans did not.

You can't *prove* a negative -- you're the one making the outrageous claims (EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME! I AM SPESHUL!), *you*'re the one with something to prove. :)

Okay, this board is deleting stuff I post at random. Here's what my previous post is _supposed_ to look like.
Originally posted by Frosty
Originally posted by The_Gneech
this board is the first place I've encountered movie-fans
Oh, well then the assumption that we weho enjoyed the movie are a minority must be true

[Edited by Frosty on 07-25-2001 at 20:28]

Um, no, if you'd kindly read what I wrote, my assumption is that a large number of fans didn't care for the movie, based on talking to people, reading reviews and/or essays about the film, and my own experience.

I don't know from majority or minority, and like I said, that's irrelevant. There were enough people who didn't like it that the movie just didn't fly.

Posted by KrisV
They're not nearly as vocal as the movie haters are. Personally, I wouldn't normally just go and say I liked the movie a lot, in fear of what horrible replies I might get.

Somehow, I just can't see you as "Mr. Persecuted Minority." :) And if you liked the movie so much, then by all means say it! That will make the third person who's told me so! I've been counting.

Sheesh.

-The Gneech

I never claimed any such thing and after recent troubles I'd have hoped you'd give up on twisting words.

I don't need to prove anything, I am saying a large number of Wing Commander fans didn't like the movie, look at the reviews at dvdexpress, amazon, on the web, at best its a 50/50 down the middle.

You know as well as I I can't show what every single Wing Commander fan in the world feels and thats exactly why you are persuing this line of "reasoning", you want the proof look at one those fans have said, if you are going to claim that the 50/50 split there is just a coincidence then there really is nothing more I can say.

You just again insulted me, I never said everyone agrees with me I said a sizeable portion (atleast 40% of the community if you recall, that certainly isn't all) doesn't like the Wing Commander Movie (which isn't agreeing with me either, I simply don't believe it fits into the WC universe) I don't see quite how when you have no evidence to the contrary you can call such a claim absurd when the general indication is exactly what I have specified. You do however seem to be claiming that all but a few "stupid" people agree with you.

In order to insult someones theories (incase your mother never taught you this there is no excuse for insulting people, either to their face or behind there back as I have heard you do to many) you need to provide evidence to the contrary not simply claim you don't like the evidence supporting the point.

I never claimed any such thing and after recent troubles I'd have hoped you'd give up on twisting words.

Well, stop twisting the facts. I've yet to see one lick of complete truth in anything you say.

I don't need to prove anything, I am saying a large number of Wing Commander fans didn't like the movie, look at the reviews at dvdexpress, amazon, on the web, at best its a 50/50 down the middle.

Sorry, this made me make in my greys I was laughing so hard. Real Wing Commander fans would give their opinions to the CIC CZ, and not some commercial site. Dollars to Doughnuts, most of the people on those sites are casual fans who know little about the actual series or are just brutish morons. Also, you need to prove a lot. At the very least, me and LOAF are not remotely convinced of your pratteling.

You know as well as I I can't show what every single Wing Commander fan in the world feels and thats exactly why you are persuing this line of "reasoning", you want the proof look at one those fans have said, if you are going to claim that the 50/50 split there is just a coincidence then there really is nothing more I can say.

Then why is there more words in this post if you have nothing more to say? ;)

You just again insulted me, I never said everyone agrees with me I said a sizeable portion (atleast 40% of the community if you recall, that certainly isn't all) doesn't like the Wing Commander Movie (which isn't agreeing with me either, I simply don't believe it fits into the WC universe) I don't see quite how when you have no evidence to the contrary you can call such a claim absurd when the general indication is exactly what I have specified. You do however seem to be claiming that all but a few "stupid" people agree with you.

I'd like to know where the f*ck you get your information. I've never seen a public poll (excluding the one here at WC NEWS) about what people felt about the WC Movie. And, with utter and complete disrespect for the general Michael Bay loving public, they're a bunch of finger-pointing whiners in the first place. If you really wanted to make a point about how you feel about the WC Movie, you wouldn't be posting arguements to it, now would you? Or are you so insecure about how you feel you have to press your opnions on us as well as your friends?

As for "Stupid people", thats relative. Right now, you're on my swabbie list. I could swear you a blue streak that would make R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket wince, but I won't simply because you're too dug into your own maligned opnions.

In order to insult someones theories (incase your mother never taught you this there is no excuse for insulting people, either to their face or behind there back as I have heard you do to many) you need to provide evidence to the contrary not simply claim you don't like the evidence supporting the point.

YOU also need to show us where in the black rings of Saturn 5 you got that 40% BS, little man. As for insulting people, I bet your mom told you that fighting doesn't solve anything. Well, that's bullshit too. Fighting determines a winner and who is the stronger. Fighting solves everything.

[Edited by LeHah on 07-26-2001 at 10:09]

Thankyou for showing... well nothing Lehah

Firstly general comments like stop twisting the facts are pointless, be precise, which ones!

Next the conversation had moved onto the average Wing Commander fan, not the hardcore fans, so quite frankly you are not making any sense there at all, this is about what the average fan thought. Should I be laughing at you or just accept you haven't read the rest of the thread? Also in this thread a number of people have criticised the movie so I'm not sure where you are coming from there, about 50/50 in favour/against.

I'm not quite sure how many times I have to repeat the 40% thing, I think you can scroll down and find it for yourself.

Anyone who believes fighting solves anything in todays socityis sick beyond belief, we've moved far beyond that barbaric point. Insults are the recourse of a weak mind :)
World leaders are decided by public opinion and they don't get much support by going around killing their opposition, frankly I think you just ripped that quote out of Starship Troopers.

Said in a big bored announcer's voice And the neogtiations continued on into the evening...

Thankyou for showing... well nothing Lehah

Thank you for being the butt in this whole thread, Pedro.

Firstly general comments like stop twisting the facts are pointless, be precise, which ones!

Want me to be precise? Fine. Every solitary solovo out of your filthy, rotting pie-hole mouth seems to be as twisted as a snake in a blender.

Next the conversation had moved onto the average Wing Commander fan, not the hardcore fans, so quite frankly you are not making any sense there at all, this is about what the average fan thought. Should I be laughing at you or just accept you haven't read the rest of the thread? Also in this thread a number of people have criticised the movie so I'm not sure where you are coming from there, about 50/50 in favour/against.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the CONTRADICTION ALARM is going off!!!

Average Wing Commander fan is a huge contradiction. An average fan means he has a passing thing for it. That he's more of a general PC game player. Around here, a good portion (Dare I say 40%? ;) ) of the fans are hardcore. These people are the ones that end up correcting people, including me once in a while. The "average" around here is in the fanatacism range. Remember, averages are not absolutes. As for reading the rest of the thread, why should I? Your blatant ignorance for common sense is as bad as my rambeling incoherantly.

I'm not quite sure how many times I have to repeat the 40% thing, I think you can scroll down and find it for yourself.

Oh, well, in that case I'm just too damn lazy!

Anyone who believes fighting solves anything in todays socityis sick beyond belief, we've moved far beyond that barbaric point. Insults are the recourse of a weak mind. World leaders are decided by public opinion and they don't get much support by going around killing their opposition, frankly I think you just ripped that quote out of Starship Troopers. [/B]

OK, this is where I let Ghost Rider out... Well, maybe not. If you think I'm sick, try going out into your "civilized" society. Anyone who thinks we're better off in a world of Serial Killers and ICBMs is in need of serious mental help.

Insults are insults. If your sorry 8th grade, prepubecent, hemorgaging, idiotic, terrifiyingly numb, minimalist IQ, deragatorily brainless, insultingly low, terrifyingly uninspired and all around insiped mind can't handle a little fun, then go somewhere else. :)

If you mention Starship Troopers in the context of the film again, I'll find where you live and do very mean things to you and your pets.

Oooh, that _was_ a nasty taunting! But you forgot to mention that his mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.

-The Gneech

I'm not insulting you Pedro, or making any claims about how many people liked the movie... I'm just saying that *you* don't have any facts to back up your statements.

I don't think I'd be asking too much to have you kicked right now whether or not the CIC members agree with my POV this is quite obvious:

"If your sorry 8th grade, prepubecent, hemorgaging, idiotic, terrifiyingly numb, minimalist IQ, deragatorily brainless, insultingly low, terrifyingly uninspired and all around insiped mind can't handle a little fun"

5) ...other outright abusive language is not tolerated.

BTW Everything is not being precise

Also you seem to be plugging fantacism as a good thing, its not. I have an appreciation for high quality items, it just so happens that such a large number of wing commander products fall into that range that it remains something in which I take great intrest and put a great deal of time into to this day.

And the average fan is looking forward to the next game therefore that doesn't make it a passing thing

Incase you didn't take note Serial Killers are NOT part of civilised society

And I actually like the Starship Troopers movie, it was fun. The book was just something else entirely (something good else), and you quoted it, not me.

Well it sounded insulting, LOAF but my point is and surely you can agree with me here, more fans were disapointed with the movie than were with any one of the games.

In the intrests in point
2) If you think a subject you're posting is controversial (eg. Blair's death), think twice before posting it. While a good debate is to be enjoyed, some subjects have been debated to the death.

I'm dropping this anyway, I can't prove, if you chose to you could not disprove it and this thread is now filling up with personal abuse.

Heh, read between the lines Pedro. The smiley at the end of that "insult" denoted it was playful, not at all real. If it was real, you'd've seen this smiley: :mad:

As for getting me kicked off the board, LOAF knows that all I'd have to do is grab my red phone and call Batman to fix that problem.

'Sides, I got you a WC1 CD. Kiss my feet. (Once again, read between the lines on that one. Do I have to point out sarcasm everytime I use it?)

Serial Killers started actually taking form in the mid 1800s, hence it's part of modern society. I don't know where you've been for the past, oh, 152 years.

BTW Fantacism is good when mixed with Wing Commander and a good bottle of Grey Goose Vodka.

I have nothing more to say to you Pedro. You're too dug into your opinions that not even LOAF could help you (though he could DESTROY you, I'm sure) and you're too uptight to mess with. You need to take some sedatives or just chill out. Your opinions are just opinions and not fact.

Well it sounded insulting, LOAF but my point is and surely you can agree with me here, more fans were disapointed with the movie than were with any one of the games.

Disagree -- I think more people were disappointed with Privateer 2.

But there's no good way to measure such things -- people are *always* disappointed in whatever teh newest thing is... and they're always very, very vocal about it. You don't see people damning Wing Commander II anymore because it didn't have medals... but in 1991!

Likewise, I believe the movie will be forgiven once there's a new game to attack... which is to say, this too shall pass.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Likewise, I believe the movie will be forgiven once there's a new game to attack... which is to say, this too shall pass.

Like sands in the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back