Full Standoff Package

Farbourne

Rear Admiral
Did you guys ever get around to putting together a full, single package install for Standoff? I remember there was talk of doing that, but on the Standoff website there still are three separate downloads (Secret Ops, Standoff Eps 1-4, and the Ep 5 upgrade).

I vaguely remember Pete saying he had packaged together a single installer in a thread at some point, but maybe I'm just imagining that.

Not a big issue...I was just going to burn myself a Standoff CD for posterity (given that you guys put together that really nice HiRes CD cover), and I wanted to burn the most recent version will all the upgrades/patches.

I did build a full package at one point, but it became outdated before I had a chance to upload it to the website :p

The plan is to make that full package once we're done fixing the last remaining bugs.

Yes very much on the to-do list.

I actually started last night going through Ep1 missions to compare the names for Bugzilla.

What's the current latest version that can be downloaded, as opposed to which Standoff will update itself to? I have a computer which doesn't have an internet connection, on which Standoff 1.29 keeps crashing at the end of missions (Windows 7, nVidia GeForce 550Ti); I'm pretty certain that's a fixed bug, but is there a way to access the fix?

Hi. I still intend to update the full installer with all the fixes, but since we're not done fixing stuff yet, I've only done incremental updates so far. These incremental updates must be installed in the right order and all, so I haven't posted them to be downloaded directly. I'll PM it the right file to you.

So you guys ever nail all of the bugs?

Any intention of a full package?

Speaking of, I have two bugs to report: during the first rapier/gladius choice mission (the Ralatha strike one I believe), I completed the mission in a Gladius with both of my wingman yet Jean says I'm down to 11 Gladii. Another bug is that Spoons Rapier is not counted in the wing's losses. There were also some typos in one of the comms, but a few errors in the comms actually would be more realistic especially given the situation.

Pity Standoff can't be setup as a stand alone game.

While I applaud your interest and enthusiasm, there is really no need to bump a second thread on the same subject.

Do you also disapprove of my Necroing now?

Any news on this front? A fully updated, stand-alone package of Standoff that I can put on my backup server to be safe for all eternity?

Does the update incorporate model replacements in HD hightpoly created by the community recently (as for WCP and WCSO) ?

Standoff doesn't use the same models as the Model Upgrade Package. Standoff takes place roughly 15 years before WCP/SO. So, it has older fighters and ships than those the guys are working on in with the MUP.

Yes, but what I meant by that is that the 3D models seem to me to be available to them today as a result of Defiance Industries' work and those of Klavs, no?

Yes, but what I meant by that is that the 3D models seem to me to be available to them today as a result of Defiance Industries' work and those of Klavs, no?

Yes but they were already higher poly than Secret Ops, and designed to mimic the WC1 style. I doubt redoing them is high on anyones priority list.

New on the forum, I do not want to do odd, but before posting, I spent a lot of time reading numbers of the forum topics in full. From an external / new point of view, as I understand it: the mod is based on models WC1 / 2 and many of them seem to me today available in hightpoly and HD textures by the works of the two artists raised. Hence, if I understand everything correctly, why not propose replacing it in the OpenGL (as it is done for the models of the Prophecy / SO)?
If sometimes there are things that would have escaped me, I can offer myself to try to do the missing work to realize this (hoping to be clearer in my question: sorry for the level of English, I am French and come many of my compatriots, I do not master this language and go through google trad before posting).

Standoff is definitely not going to change. Here's the thing: Standoff has something more important than high poly counts: it has visual coherence. While their poly count varies from model to model, and while undeniably Eder improved his modelling over the course of the project, so that the oldest ships are not as well-modelled as some of the later productions, they all function together effectively. Replacing some of them now with new models and new textures would not improve the game, but actually make it look worse. Consistency is very important in art direction.

Back