Favorite fighter.

I think only the Salthi will blow up with two gun bursts. Maybe the same with the Dralthi. Most other ships should require three or more.

climber said:
... The best though was the Raptor. Always will be. Not too slow, not too jerky. Steady with some big guns. Lots of medals to be won flying a raptor.

I must agree with you there :D

climber said:
Besides, none of the WC games ever stood up to WC1. I remember when I first got the secret missions, was christmas, miracle on 39th street was on.......................

Right again, On the dot!
WC1 was the BEST!!!
Nothing came even close to it... the plot, without any damn conspiracies, no over "maniac"-ing... nice high-potentional characters (too bad most of them died with the Claw)... excellent war-time story-line...in short -

THE BEST!!!

:D

climber said:
miracle on 39th street was on.......................

So is that the sequel to Miracle on 34th Street? :)

My fav is definitely the Raptor too...good all around and packed a punch. Plus it had NO Dart DFs.

Fighting against fighters? I'd say that I like flying against the Devil Rays and the Red Mantas in Secret Ops. These fighters not onbly pack one hellofapunch to the Cerebrus, but can dish it with you pretty good too. Haven't faced the squid yet though, so my view may change...

squids used to drive me crazy because sometimes without realzing it I'd burn through all my AB fuel chasing after their stupid asses...

The Raptor and the Thunderbolt.
Yes, I like my fighters heavy. :D

The fighters I like the least must be the Scimitar and the Hellcat. Oh, and most of the WC:p fighters.

WC1: Rapier
WC2: Broadswoard, Morningstar, Rapier, Raptor
WC3: Hellcat, Longbow, Thunderbolt, Excalibur
WC4: Dragon, Longbow, Avenger, Vindicator, Bearcat

Funny, I didn't get to fly the Raptor in WC2 - just that piece of crap Sabre, talk about downgrading heavy fighter designs. What were they thinking?

Hornet all the way

Hornet all the way... I like the challenge. Flying a light fighter, and surviving is an art.

"Not as clumsy, or unwielding as a blaster. An eligant weapon from a more civilized time."

it's weird because I still think anything with a lot of mass drivers is the best all around kick ass machine...

johnhawke said:
Hornet all the way... I like the challenge. Flying a light fighter, and surviving is an art.

"Not as clumsy, or unwielding as a blaster. An eligant weapon from a more civilized time."

think you messed up 2 diffirent story's there :p

iCe said:
think you messed up 2 diffirent story's there :p

;) Point taken iCe, however then idea is still intact. LOL

I like everything about the hornet. I even made a mod of it for freelancer, and am currently making an updated version, which looks about 20 times better.

Out Of All Of 'Em, The Avenger, Excalibur, And Dragon Are My 3 Faves Of All Time. The Avenger For It's Armor, Shields, And @$$-Kicking Firepower, The Excalibur For It's Looks, Speed, And All-Round Lethalithy, And The Dragon For The Same Reasons As The Excalibur, And The Fact That, Like The Excalibur, It Can Cloak. The Flash Pak Is Pretty Cool Too, Even Though You Only Get To Use It Once, To Waste The Vesuvius.

Jeez, why don't we take a big rock and attach guns and a cloaking device and some flashpacks. Combine that with manueverability, and high speed, and what do you have? A big fat rock with guns thats invisable and fast.

Come on. I say looks and finese all the way. To H*ll with the excalibur and all super fighters. Give me a Hornet or Rapier any day! ;)

Wow, I feel like I'm whooping Flash's but again! Too bad I can't take you up on that WhiteDevil. Maybe I'll make a mod of an Excailbur and a Rapier, and we'll give it a go. Sorry no cloak though. :D

Back