Favorite fighter.

Paladin his none to happy when they have to send it off as a decoy so that the Tarawa could escape the kats that were chasing her back towards human space...

this is all from Fleet Action btw...

Besides, it makes sense that confed can have sensors that detect other confed cloaked fighters. Maybe there are cloaking devices with a different technology that won't be seen on those sensors.

Dundradal said:
The Bannockburn had a captured kilrathi device that could shroud that vessel and it was large enough to have 2 jump capable ferrets in it's cargo hold.

Uh... who or what is the "Bannockburn " ??? :eek: :confused:

Bannockburn is a converted transport/scoutship that Paladin uses on several occasions (I think it first shows up in SO1, but I'm not sure if it's the same ship as the one from FA), it has a cargo hold that can hold 2 ferrets and it has a cloaking device that is able to cloak the entire ship. Bannockburn is the ship that actually penetrates all the way into hari space and finds the hakaga shipyards...

Confed had access to cloaking before 2669, they had captured kilrathi examples of it, but weren't quite sure how exactly it worked.

Confed had a pretty good idea as to how the cloaking device worked - Hajjnah carried with him plans for a cloaking device when he defected. Confed's R&D efforts were, presumably, aimed at figuring out a way to defeat the cloak rather than duplicate it... the end result being the 'anti cloak gun' experimented with at the very end of the war.

The excal's cloaking device is an early attempt (?) at reverse enginnerring the kilrahti equivilant.

The Excalibur carried a Shroud, which wasn't really equivalent to the Kilrathi cloak. The Shroud cloaked it from enemy sensors but not visually. Confed's later Blackfish cloak, used on the Lance and later fighters, was a duplicate of the Kilrathi weapon.

Bannockburn is a converted transport/scoutship that Paladin uses on several occasions (I think it first shows up in SO1, but I'm not sure if it's the same ship as the one from FA), it has a cargo hold that can hold 2 ferrets and it has a cloaking device that is able to cloak the entire ship.

The Bannockburn appears only in Fleet Action (and it carries just one Ferret). You're probably thinking of the Bonnie Heather, which carried two Rapier II's in Freedom Flight (or a Crossbow in Special Ops 1, etc.).

Umm...but doesnt in wc3 you cloak as in disapear visualy when you use the cloakable excalibur? (been quite a while I played the game, so dont shoot me)

And what 'anticloak gun' is that youre refering to?

and, mmm..btw, is there a mission in wc4 with a cloakable avenger or is it me mixing it up with Starlancer's cloackble bombers? (the one where vagabond dies, maybe?)

- K

IIRC, WC3 shows a 'wireframe' Excalibur to indicate that you've cloaked.

The anticloak gun is from Armada's Proving Grounds addon.

You can cloak an Avenger in WC4 - Pliers gives you the option to install a cloaking device in Orestes.

theres an armada addon? wow, and I thought I played all wc games...
whats it about? and what goodies are there?
btw, what does that anti cloak gun do? you hit something and it decloaks or cant cloak?

Bandit LOAF said:
The Excalibur carried a Shroud, which wasn't really equivalent to the Kilrathi cloak. The Shroud cloaked it from enemy sensors but not visually.

On WC3 last mission - the bombing run on Kilrah, I used the cloacking device to approch the planet.
After I killed Thrakath and Hobbes and went through the atmosphere to the planet surface, I had these annoing Ekapsi chasing me...so...Despite been told that the cloak will only work once (I remember paladim say something of that sort, and I check it - when in space you can only use it once...then again once more in the atmosphere...) I cloaked... and the Ekapsi didnt see me any more...

Argh....

I'm so sick of hear about the "wonderful" Excalibur. Seems like every thread always ends up being about how the Excal can do this, or the Excal can do that. Ack! Get a room. LOL

Kalfor said:
theres an armada addon? wow, and I thought I played all wc games...
whats it about? and what goodies are there?
btw, what does that anti cloak gun do? you hit something and it decloaks or cant cloak?

proving grounds is an always forgotten add-on. I have it somewhere but I forget what it added...it was cool I'm pretty sure though

Proving Grounds added six-player IPX Network play and several new multiplayer modes... including a 'power up' death match (collect guns/weapons/etc while you fight the other guy) and a really cool asteroid combat scenario (there were big asteroids that could hide you from the other guys sensors, plus little ones that hit you).

Hey, didn't they run some MP tests with the WCP engine? How did that go?

The WC Armada engine was basically a "lite" version of the WC3/4 one, isn't that correct? Arguably the best 320X200 space combat 3D engine ever. Beats Star Crusader, and the low-res WC3. :p

wow, someone is grumpy tonight!

First, as a matter of information, many games go out to stores with 'hidden' features. There is a game (I forgot what it was) actually had a Multiplayer support, but, due to a deadline, they couldnt test it properly, so they basically hid the 'multiplayer' button from the main interface and sold it. You could actually play that game in multiplayer if you somehow found or made a link to run it

Anyway, other than that, people can easily take an engine and work it out, like the many mods. So, it wouldnt be hard for someone(s) to play a bit with the program and eventually try something MP with it

- K

WCP was initially developed with a multiplayer feature in mind... but my understanding is that it wasn't anywhere near completion when it was dropped (for time).

Armada uses a variation of the RealSpace Engine (like WC3), which was first seen commercially in Strike Commander.

Bandit LOAF said:
The Excalibur carried a Shroud, which wasn't really equivalent to the Kilrathi cloak. The Shroud cloaked it from enemy sensors but not visually. Confed's later Blackfish cloak, used on the Lance and later fighters, was a duplicate of the Kilrathi weapon.

The Excalibur's cloak in WC3 must have rendered the ship visually undetectable because you can just sit there and taunt Thrakhath for a while before flying right up and ramming him. (I already beat him in a one on one dogfight in WC2, why should I do it again)

ChanceKell said:
Well, did you see the MP version of WCP out in stores?

Do the programers of a game company need to buy a game on the store to run tests on a game engine?

Back