Favorite alien

DyNaMiX said:
Kilrathi. They may be the enemy but they are a very original creation.

Original?

<cough> Kzinti <cough>

Sometimes I almost wish we had used "dograthi" in WCP.. but that was mostly a joke.. mostly..

my favorite Aliens are the Kilrathi, I love shooting them down in wc3, their ' Kilrah avenge me' death comm is just so fun especially on the last mission when I blow Kilrah up

Ripper said:
Why are you dragging Battlestar Gallactica into this?

Did I really do that?
"Battlestar Galactica" had a complete other story content. Earth is indeed their home, but there don't lies their actual government. The human borderworlders in WC don't want to cooperate with the terran confederation. But the intention of the moronic space mormons in "Battlestar Galactica" was to find their roots. (wow, what a secret knowledge) ;)

Yes, Chris Robert's mentioned that the Kzintis are the design uncles of the Kilrathi - only in the most distant shape IMHO.
My felinoid-alien design coming from my childhood was an erect walking tigerlion and as I saw the Kilrathi beside the Kzintis first, it was "love at first sight". Sadly, they were only the dumb adversary in a war against the human confederation.
But the game concept of Wing Commander was interesting, too. A "flight-simulator"styled space shooter within a us-military science-fiction scenario. I know I don't have to tell you that :D

98% of all Malars don't recognize what they are saying and where they are saying.

The only thing i like about the nephilim is the fact that they have organic ship.
Do anyone have any idea why the nephilim need pilots in their fighters.

Poor human imagination about fictive alien species. ;)
The designers transferred just human behavior and mentality to the aliens.
Why are the aliens mostly anthropomorph, interested in speaking English, using tools which seems to be crafted by man?

Why are the technology of the Kilrathi compatible with the human counterpart? Why do they use fighters like in the common human sense?

The answer - to make the scenario and story playable for a game, dedicated to a mass of gamers.

If the fighters and ships (its control and navigation) are directly manned, "Nephilims" must be individuals. Or they are the additional mobile control and fighting unit of their ships and their ships could fly automatically.

I know that organic and living is not the same thing, but a ship would not need to be living to pilot itself. Even humans got autopilot. I'm sure a organic ship would be able to Fight on its own if "programmed" to do so, much better than a hellcat a ferret or even a vampire.
The shadows in B5 used telepats as pilots for their ships, but they still had to "merge" with the ship. In babylon 5 shadow ship could move unlimited. while nephilim fighters
Have to be close to their carrier, and could receive new instruction or even be remote controlled from the capship itself if the programming wasnt sufficient.

Yeah. The Cylon fighters in the New Battlestar Gallactica were kinda like... Cylon Centurions built like fighters. I wonder why they didn't look like the Centurion fighter in Privateer.......

Ripper said:
Yeah. The Cylon fighters in the New Battlestar Gallactica were kinda like... Cylon Centurions built like fighters. I wonder why they didn't look like the Centurion fighter in Privateer.......
Probably because the centaurions in privateer was ugly as hell. :rolleyes:

Back