EPISODE 3 Discussion

Edfilho said:
LeHah, I don't know why you bothered with answering jason. It is clear he lives in his parents' basement, and all he does is annoy people on the internet with uber-nerd whinning.

In all honesty, I had nothing to do for about 10 minutes while waiting to go to my best friend's house for wine and "What About Bob?".

Jason_Ryock said:
You forgot to mention Qui-Gon and the Whimm.

You know - if you Google +"Episode 3"+Whimm, the only thing you get thats Star Wars related is this thread.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=+Episode+3+Whimm&btnG=Search

(That aside, I'm fairly certain this is just you pulling something out of your ass; not to mention, you're getting it wrong the initial draft of Star Wars was "Journey Of The Whills", not Whimm)

Jason_Ryock said:
Okay Shadow, you're just stupid...
Awesome, mature prelude to the main body of your post. I applaud you.

Jason_Ryock said:
I suggest you look online for images of the Wookiees in EP3, and then learn how to spell Wookiee correctly.
There's already enough evidence around to confirm there were bowcasters in Episode III. I mispelt "wookiee", big deal. I still spelt much better than you overall and I'm not even a native English speaker (I'm Argentinian). Another display of your advanced maturity.

Jason_Ryock said:
I agree completely, any starship capable of entering an atmosphere could use flaps. Wait a minute...did we just say STARship? As in, for travel through SPACE?
Now that's just idiotic. It's like saying: "This airplane should FLY, so we should chop off its landing gear". Grievous' ship was clearly capable of landing on a planet's surface, despite battling in space. The Republic's Star Destroyers (Venator-class I think, but that's unconfirmed) were also capable of this. It's a very useful function for any capital ship, provided it's small enough to enter any atmosphere safely. You wouldn't fare well on the starship design area, ignoring landing-aiding mechanisms.

Jason_Ryock said:
Only C3PO has his memory wiped.
Logic saves the day again. If R2's memory wasn't erased, then why didn't he tell Luke Leia was his sister, or that Vader was his father for that matter? Think about that.

Jason_Ryock said:
You need to check your facts.
Star Wars Episode I Visual Dictionary, page 9, little box on the bottom left corner with two bullet points. First one says (translated, I have the book in Spanish) "For travelling long distances, Yoda uses his gimer cane. Its organic substances aid meditation when chewed."

The rest of your points are just non-sense rambling and your personal interpretations you're trying to impose on me. I'm not trying to convince you of my views, I'm just showing you the facts. If you can't believe the truth, then that's your problem.

Delance said:
I want to have an interesting discussion about Episode III. Is this the right thread?

This is not the thread you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

Delance said:
I want to have an interesting discussion about Episode III. Is this the right thread?

No, this is the thread were Jason is trying to make a total ass out of himself.

No, thats every thread. What makes this one special is that it was a topic that was going to get run into the ground anyway - but lasted as long as it did.

And for that I'm partially responsible since I've been feeding his only hobby, I'm sorry. Is this thread revivable somehow? Can we set it back on track? :confused:

I think it's best that it just die like it was intended - loudly screaming.

Is the Darth Plagueis tale entirely true or did Palpatine added/changed some things to deceive Anakin?

The way it's told, it does seem to be implied that he's telling the truth (and that he was the apprentice in question). Especially since it's a movie - people in movies tend to be a lot more truthful than in real life, since you don't want to confuse the audience with too many lies.

Not to mention, Lucas isn't the type to string along such a thing. He's very "literal" in his writing.

I'm afraid I disagree. When Anakin pledged allegiance to Palpatine and asked him if they could now save Padmé, the Emperor said that such power was only achieved by a single person, but that they both would sure unravel its secrets. Because of this last bit I reckon Palpatine didn't possess the power himself.

I think that he was the apprentice, but he didn't learn that secret,all of that was to trick anakin

=Shadow= said:
I'm afraid I disagree. When Anakin pledged allegiance to Palpatine and asked him if they could now save Padmé, the Emperor said that such power was only achieved by a single person, but that they both would sure unravel its secrets. Because of this last bit I reckon Palpatine didn't possess the power himself.

How can you disagree with something - and then make the same statement everyone else did?

LeHah said:
How can you disagree with something - and then make the same statement everyone else did?
Nobody made the same statement as me. Everyone talked about the story when it was first brough up in the opera (?) and not when the subject was mentioned for the second time.

Delance said:
Palpatine was able to keep Anakin alive, so he probably learned something.
That's a nice guess! :D

From what i had observed in the movie:

palpatine had knowledge of the existence of the power.

I see two possibilities:
1. palpatine lied: the power he mentioned went into detail on reviving living cells who were dying.. thus "rejuvination" (do not know if i spelled this correctly, i mean making something younger, or at least feeling that way)
if he had it, and knew it, why not use it to restore his own appearance? also, how could you teach your apprentice a skill you do not even have yourself?

2. he could only use it on others, like his master, as he clearly mentioned it, however, why not restore padme and gain vaders eternal loyalty, and rule with everything in peace?

option 2 is actually ruled out, the fact that he kept vader alive relied pure on technology, the vader suit is pure technology, like the implants used in the other movies, vader is also a real mess in episode six, with failing life support systems in his suit, again confiming he needed technology, and not the force, to be able to live

as we come to this, why did anakin faint, and not died, as some try to believe? it would not be hard to imagine that someone would pass out from the pain coused by burning your flesh and so closing wounds that resulted from from having your limbs cut off.

still, the movie tells the story, you could endlessly debate on fictional facts,
only the author can give you the true story.

but as we all are morons, let's come to the next idea;

did palpatine use the mind trick on anakin when anakin found out he was the sith lord? it appeared so.

Maybe Sidious kept Vader alive with the help of the force until the cybernetics toke over.

And he couldn't let Padmé alive. She would allways try to turn him back to the Jedis.
Surly he would have Vaders loyalty but Padmé would never stop to make mischief until either she is dead or Vader will be proselytise to Anakin again.
Sidious must knew that if that will happen, Anakin will stop with nothing to take vengence and kill him.

Back