Dreadnought

Old Trak was not yet in command, the Sivar Dreadnouht was his father idea, if was destroyed and trak old man was executed by his own father (the emperor).

Well with the PTC and the plasma gun, its' mainly cause Confed is using technology originally intended for ships made by completely different races.

The Behemoth didnt have a problem with overheating and exploding, just being sent into action with no armor, being shot and THEN exploding.

***Originally posted by Dragon
Old Trak was not yet in command, the Sivar Dreadnouht was his father idea, if was destroyed and trak old man was executed by his own father (the emperor). ***

Yeah, I know. I'm just used to Thrak calling all the shots through most of the games and novels...

The reason that I really dont think that are more Sivars is that the Emperor did not like blowing planets, his stategie was to take planets one by one until they reach Earth, the emperor son made the sivar to make a full attack on Earth, since he fail and the Emperor never have any faith in the Sivar dreadnought (getting the prototype blow up is not a good first start), I belive that was droped, the PTC was a modified version of the sivar weapon, its does not have the power that the sivar but it can kill a ship in one blast, but it does have those problems that lead to all PTC being removed from the Confederation Class.
Even Trak did make a mistake, the cloaked fighers were developed on that rebel Kilrathi planet, forcing him to destroy the bases were they were developed, it have taken 10 years for the Kilrathi to get more cloaked fighers.

The Sivar class dreadnought does not destroy planets. We saw ruins in SM1, which we couldn't possibly do if it just blew up the whole planet :). Rather, it is a very effective form of orbital bombardment.

that, ironically, ignores the shielding on capital ships that it's too overpowered to need to ignore the shielding of.

The Proton Accelerator Gun destroys cities in a single shot -- and (like it's little sister, the Phase Transit Cannon) completely ignores any shields.

It is believed that the Kilrathi have other Sivars -- we just never see them.

Is that what the gun on the Sivar is called? Also, did anyone notice that the Sivar's gun pointed downwards (presumably to destroy planetary installations and cities). I guess tactical was right, they wouldn't be able to prime it in time for a capship.

Well, when I was wiping out the Sivar with my lasers alone (damn wimpy WC1 capships), I noticed that on the bottom of the big round sphere up front (obviously the weapon's housing), it looked like there was a big round closed hole...if you know what I mean. I don't have WC1:SM1 data files on me now, so I really can't get a pic of it.

Originally posted by dreddnott
Well, when I was wiping out the Sivar with my lasers alone (damn wimpy WC1 capships), I noticed that on the bottom of the big round sphere up front (obviously the weapon's housing), it looked like there was a big round closed hole...if you know what I mean. I don't have WC1:SM1 data files on me now, so I really can't get a pic of it.

I noticed this, too. :)

I think that would be stupid why not place a weapon in the front? I also consider it quite obvious that the big sphere at the front of the ship is the housing of the BFG but I do not think that these black circles above and beneath are the muzzle(s).
But there is no way to proof it (at last I do not know how we could) and it is not that important. I only wondered.

Can't one assume that the ship can manoeuvre to point the weapon in the correct direction? :)

Originally posted by iCe
All ConFed's bigger weapons seem to have problems.

Don't you know that if the good guys have a superweapon, they're not allowed to use it without a price. :)

That because it's only has been used once. If someone screws up the second time, i didn't work. lol :)

Or perhaps the holes in the top and bottom were the gaps in a toroidal casing that the Cats saw no point in covering over, and the two protrusions in front have something to do with the gun?

Originally posted by iCe
That because it's only has been used once. If someone screws up the second time, i didn't work. lol :)

Well I never see the same bomb going off twice, besides how would the same planet blow up two time?

The T-Bomb was used two times in WC III....

Back