Dreadnought

Well, theres this Dreadnaught that juts Crashed into my backyard, its bridge is in front of my door, and the engines are in chicago (im 20 mi away from Chi.)

All (know classes)
Terran.
Confederation and behemoth class.
Kilrathi.
Sivar and the one in WC III (the name its not in CIC database)
Nephilim.
Tiamat.

Also in Armada they say that its a Carrier, and the game manual says its the 13º Carrier, the other 12 attack Earth, so they are not Dreadnouths.

Originally posted by Dragon
Sivar and the one in WC III (the name its not in CIC database)
Don't forget the movie Sivar, which is not the same ship as the WC1, and the Snakier dreadnought, also from the movie. Some could also argue that the Concordia supercruisers are dreadnoughts, even though they don't carry more than 20 or so fighters.

Correct, The Snakier dreadnought but its also a Carrier in WC I time.
Because of that I did not put it (I also forgot about the movie, the movie really like to give new classes to old ships).

Yes the Snakier in the game is the first "true" Carrier that the Kilrathi start to use, its a prototype but after Blair blow it up, But I am sure that more were made since Jazz in WC II brags about blowing up a Kilrathi Carrier.

Its a ship killer, in fact I would call the behemoth a mobile weapons plataform if that thing was not incomplete.

It isn't the first true carrier the Kilrathi have. They had them in AS and they were the core of their fleet at McAullife.

TC

Its a ship killer, in fact I would call the behemoth a mobile weapons plataform if that thing was not incomplete.
Maybe but it still has masers as well, it is a dreadnought as told in the CIC ships database

I kinda like to see it converted to WCP engine and fight it again.

It has. Check the fan projects, at least one person has extracted the mesh for it. Pity it's not scaled to the Vision dimensions (at least I don't believe it has, I haven't tried it).

I still think the K Dreadnoughts' length is 'unrealistically' long. For that size they have too few turrets (and people moan about the Midway!) and mass to little. For the Kilrathi to have that many resources to construct so many Dreadnoughts, they should have won several times over.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
In the last losing mission of wc3, if you survive long enough, a dreadnought jumps in. Has anyone ever destroyed it without cheating?

It's no harder then a normal ship. Just fly inside, hit the autoslide, and hold the fire button down for twenty minutes.

Actually, that mission kinda sucked for me. The first time I played through I lost a critical mission without knowing it and wound up on the losing path. For some reason, when I did that planet-mission to pick up the scientist guy, I somehow skipped a navpoint, so I didn't destroy all the defenses and lost the mission. Of course, I didn't know this, and three missions later I'm the last line of defense between the cats and Earth.

Since I didn't know I was on the losing path, I'm playing that last mission like I have to (and can) win it. Destroyed that Dreadnought (on about the third attempt) and, just when I'm thinking like maybe I've won, it sends another wing of enemy ... and another ... and another. About a half-hour later, they finally wear me down. I finally twigged that something was wrong and had to go through and play much of the game again (not that I wasn't going to anyway, but I generally like to win first :) ).

Hey, at least you got to see the cool losing movie.
I must say that's one of the best cutscenes ever.

TC

Yes it was quite good...

Napoleon:
And btw the Dreads are not Hakaga's the Hakaga's were super carriers that looked like Ralari's but with hangars

Where did you see a pic of it? I'm interested!

Back