Do you want the UBW to rescue Blair from the bugs on UE2?

Do you want the UBW to rescue Blair from the bugs on UE2?

• Yes! Blair Rules!

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • No, Casey is Macho!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Yes, but on UE3!

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No, Blair must retrun as a borg-like commander!

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • What are you talking about? (Read: This is a stupid question)

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Blair should likely stay out of the UE storyline. Still, I do like the idea I put forth earlier about either renegade Nephilim or some slave race defecting over to the human side SM1-style. Perhaps an idea for UE3?

Originally posted by Delance
I don't think I'm the one that is missing the sarcasm. You're the one who is taking this poll so seriously.
I have to take it seriously. I don't know if you maybe meant the whole thing as a joke, but I rather doubt that the people voting for Blair would realise that this is a joke anyway. So, I have to be perfectly clear and point out that anyone who votes for bringing Blair back is wasting their time :).

No way. Hammil had to kiss no less than 3 girls to make WC3. Petraca, in the other had, was sooooooooo close to the entire male staff of the CIC, ignoring Stilleto that was hitting on him.
Eh? Casey only got through his equivalent of WC1 and SM1/2. At this point in Blair's career, about all we knew about Blair's personality was that he was... errr.... umm... hmmm... actually, he had no personality. He only developed that during WC2.

Originally posted by Quarto
At this point in Blair's career, about all we knew about Blair's personality was that he was... errr.... umm... hmmm... actually, he had no personality.

Hey, he did shrug and nod a few times.

--Eder

I have to take it seriously. I don't know if you maybe meant the whole thing as a joke, but I rather doubt that the people voting for Blair would realise that this is a joke anyway. So, I have to be perfectly clear and point out that anyone who votes for bringing Blair back is wasting their time :).

I don't think they are wasting their time. They are expressing their opinion, talking, doing what you are supposde to do in forums.

Eh? Casey only got through his equivalent of WC1 and SM1/2. At this point in Blair's career, about all we knew about Blair's personality was that he was... errr.... umm... hmmm... actually, he had no personality. He only developed that during WC2.

My point exactaly. Blair could go either way. What little personality Casey had sucks on the end of WCP.

Stilleto: "Casey, kiss me..."

Casey: "No, I'm thinking about Blair... And Dallas... And Hawk..."

Stilleto: "See, I'm taking my clothes off!"

Casey: "Oh... Hawk had such a big knife..."

Stilleto: *sigh* "Forget it, Lt."

Blair is dead, get over it. :)

Some day in the future when official wing commander games come back (yeah right) it is their decision whether or not Blair somehow 'survives' a friggin' big alien lunging onto his head. The implication is there. Everything has to end, and Blair had a damn good run.

His flying days were over anyway, remember?

Originally posted by Tempest
His flying days were over anyway, remember?

To be fair, there's already been that time when his days flying off a carrier were over after the Tiger's Claw incident... and then there was that time when his flying days were over and he lived on a farm. Oh yeah, and then that time when his flying days were over but he flew a number of missions off of the Midway.

Not so long before WCP, Blair was able to defeat Seether on a duel. And Seether was, supposedly, a kick-ass ace.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Wow. Are you suggesting that Blair might be an above-average pilot? That's quite an ambitious statement.

Lol! :)

You're forgetting... even if Blair -did- manage to 'defeat' the alien in hand to hand combat, would he somehow survive the big explosion afterwards?

Blair IS invincible right?

..right?

Originally posted by Tempest
You're forgetting... even if Blair -did- manage to 'defeat' the alien in hand to hand combat, would he somehow survive the big explosion afterwards?

As I recall, he had a gun.

Anyway, the fact that we don't see Blair die does not automatically mean that they're leaving the door open for his return. A mysterious disappearance and presumed death could simply be the end that the writers chose for our hero. After all, it would be fairly bold and depressing if they were to actually show the death of the character that helped create so many fond memories for us. The funeral that they hold for Blair in Secret Ops is closure enough.

Wow. Are you suggesting that Blair might be an above-average pilot? That's quite an ambitious statement.

What was in question was not that Blair was, arguably, the best pilot of confed, but that he still had not lost his touch, since one of his most important victories was not long before WCP.

Considering Seether was a true master, built from the DNA of the best pilots, g.e.'ed to be a pilot, that he was excellence personified, I think that scene was symbolic of all Blair could archive in the future.

Personally, I doubt he'll be coming back, but even if he did, that would be the developers choice, not ours.

I remember he did have a gun, the one he picked up off the marine. It would be cool if he had somehow escaped and survived, but I just.. don't see it happening. :)

The funeral that they hold for Blair in Secret Ops is closure enough.

Actually I was kindof disappointed in the funeral text/speech of SO, if there is another Origin game, I think it needs to start with an actual live action funeral with thousands of mourners.

Blair took out Seether (who if I interpretted the WC4 novel correctly was not GE'd, just a cold blooded killer - the rest of the pilots are the ones who looked alike) 9 years before WCP, he's 51 years old, I wouldn't stone him if he'd lost a step :).

C-ya

My point exactaly. Blair could go either way. What little personality Casey had sucks on the end of WCP.
Sooo... it's ok for Blair to develop a personality later on, but Casey must have one right away or he'll suck?

Besides, personally, I really liked the way Casey and Stiletto didn't get together. It reminded me of the Blair-Angel relationship. The idea of Casey actually not feeling like celebrating after the death of Blair and the earlier deaths of Hawk and Dallas and many others also seems reasonable.

Look, let's be fair about this. You might hate Steven Petrarca, who's a mediocre actor at best, but there's really no reason to complain about Casey himself. Except for the bizarre way in which everybody insists on calling him by his last name for no reason, I suppose :p.

Sooo... it's ok for Blair to develop a personality later on, but Casey must have one right away or he'll suck?

Casey already have a personality, and it sucks. Casey is much better on WCSO, where he doesn't have a personality, and has a decent, commanding voice. The actor there is able to say: "do you wanna a piece of me? WANNA A PIECE OF ME" and get away with it.

Besides, personally, I really liked the way Casey and Stiletto didn't get together. It reminded me of the Blair-Angel relationship.

People can't kiss on the WC1 engine. :)

Look, let's be fair about this. You might hate Steven Petrarca, who's a mediocre actor at best, but there's really no reason to complain about Casey himself.

I don't hate Petrarca! Are you crazy? Just because there were problems with a video game he made, that's no reason to hate him.

But, while everyone should respect your right be president and founder of the Casey fan club, I think the rest of the community is allowed to have and express their opinions, including, but not limited to, criticism about aforementioned fictional character.

Except for the bizarre way in which everybody insists on calling him by his last name for no reason, I suppose :p.

Everyone in the game calls him Casey. Stilleto, when she is trying to seduce him, calls him Casey. Blair, when trying to explain him how evil the bugs from outer space are, calls him Casey.

Even in UE people call him casey. Sometimes people say "Glad to see you, CASEY." or "Nice job CASEY". So don't complain! :)

Everyone in the game calls him Casey. Stilleto, when she is trying to seduce him, calls him Casey. Blair, when trying to explain him how evil the bugs from outer space are, calls him Casey.

Even in UE people call him casey. Sometimes people say "Glad to see you, CASEY." or "Nice job CASEY". So don't complain!

That's his point. Why do they do that, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back