Do you want the UBW to rescue Blair from the bugs on UE2?

Do you want the UBW to rescue Blair from the bugs on UE2?

• Yes! Blair Rules!

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • No, Casey is Macho!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Yes, but on UE3!

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No, Blair must retrun as a borg-like commander!

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • What are you talking about? (Read: This is a stupid question)

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the above. Blair should definitely not return before UE3, but I'd not even let him appear there.

It TOTALLY sucked how Blair was taken out in prophesy. To more or less beat the Kilrathi single handed, then be captured by a single bug. Pfft, YEAH RIGHT.

When and IF you were to return Blair somehow, it would be good if it was not due to you rescuing him, but from him returning from freeing himself (and taking out a ship or two in the process). Now theres the Blair we all know and love :p

Yeah, I would like to see Blair having gotten control of a ship somehow (maybe there is a resistance among the Bugs or one of their slave races and he joined with them?), and make contact with or be found by human forces. I wouldn't give him anything bigger than an Orca, though...Hmmm, that might be an idea for UE3--sort of like in SM1 where Ralgha surrenders his Fralthi to Confed--Blair would convince somebody within the Nephilim sphere of control (either disgruntled Nephilim themselves if you want to go the route where they're not all bad as a race, or else some slave race if you don't) and they would take an Orca destroyer with its squadron of Manta fighters and defect to the human side.

I vote you attack a ship and in the confusion Blair slips out.

Then make him an Admiral and give him the Invicible.

Bringing Blair back in any UE game would end very badly. We can't afford Mark Hamill, remember? :p

And I won't even go into all the reasons why it's better to let Blair rest in peace...

If you can destroy the freaking Intrepid, you can save Blair.

You don't need an actor to play Blair's voice, there's plenty of samples from previous games + wca tv show.

Hmmm, the results of this poll might indeed turn out to be something very interesting...

Good thing we're not open to silly suggestions.

--Eder

Originally posted by Delance
If you can destroy the freaking Intrepid, you can save Blair.
Sure. We can also resurrect Tolwyn, bring back the Black Lance led by a Prince Thrakhath clone, and throw in Temblor-carrying Super-Uber-Strakha with fifty anti-matter guns and an organic flight computer that's half-Steltek, half-Nephilim, and three quarters-Firekkan DNA.

The question isn't if we can. The question is, why on Earth would we want to? I don't know if Origin planned to bring him back or not. If they planned to and eventually do bring him back, that's their decision. But personally, I hope they will not, and I certainly will oppose any attempts to bring him back through UE2, UE3, or UE434. I feel that Blair died an appropriate, heroic death, and to bring him back would be demeaning.

Originally posted by Quarto
Sure. We can also resurrect Tolwyn,

No you can't. We don't see Blair die. He could've shot the bug. The tower wents on the gate before it colapses. That scene was specifically made so that no one would be sure Blair was dead.

Tolwyn? We see him die.

Thrakkath? Go boom and after that the entire planet goes boom.

Jazz? We see a special cutscene where he goes up in flames.

Besides, Maniac already suggested bringing Tolwyn back on WCP :D

bring back the Black Lance led by a Prince Thrakhath clone

Already been done. Seether is, basically, an human verion of Thrakkath. "The Kilrathi understood this"

to bring him back would be demeaning.

You just like Casey, don't you? :)

I think you're missing the point of my sarcasm. Bringing Blair back is, as far as I'm concerned, a really, really, really, really bad idea.

As for Casey, yes, I think he has more potential as an interesting character than Blair had prior to WC2. But that's besides the point, because Casey doesn't appear in UE either.

Originally posted by Quarto
I think you're missing the point of my sarcasm.

I don't think I'm the one that is missing the sarcasm. You're the one who is taking this poll so seriously.

As for Casey, yes, I think he has more potential as an interesting character than Blair had prior to WC2. But that's besides the point, because Casey doesn't appear in UE either.

No way. Hammil had to kiss no less than 3 girls to make WC3. Petraca, in the other had, was sooooooooo close to the entire male staff of the CIC, ignoring Stilleto that was hitting on him.

And do you reallky think Petraca could pull something like “I fight as I always have, in the side of peace, and honor…” Come on! :D

What does Hamil think of the way he went out in the Wing Commander storyline?

The only character I would like to see come back is Maniac.

I'd say to let him be too. Never know if a new WC game ever did come out, and that might be something invovled in it. (Let alone in the fact that it seems like your trying more for a "side view" of the issue, not to make UE a new version of WC.)

From what I know there WAS going to be a rescue mission to retrieve blair and too damn right! The hero of the Kilrathi war getting killed by a single bug, without even the body being recovered for a proper funeral?! That is NOT a heros death.

No we should definatley not bring back Blair in UE but in a WCP2 he really must be brought back :)

EDIT: Death to Casey!

Blair can't go back to the lead but... DEATH TO CASEY!

Can we kill Casey in UE2? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back