Confed or Border Worlds

Iceman2225

Spaceman
Every wonder whos side you would want to be on if you could chose. Confed has great technology but i kinda like the border worlds attitude and spirit!

In WC4 you only can fly wih the Hellcat and the Long bow (i dislike them) so i will join the BW (their ships also are crap IMHO, but they have the Stormfire gun)

Originally posted by Razer92
I prefer Confed , they have better fighters and uniforms in WC4

Thank you, Razer! Finally someone agrees with me :D

Confed was kickin' major buttocks with its uniforms in WC4!

... and the Hellcat V is the best fighter... EVER! It's got a good weapons compliment, enough missiles and the perfect balance of speed and power. The Hellcat V is the best and for that I choose Confed.

i liked the UBW uniforms they were cool with the vest.

Now about which, definitely the UBW, they had my favorite ships, i LOVE the vindicator and banshee

That really depends. In any situation not WCIV, I'd be Confed (Especially during the War), however, during IV, I'd probably end up being the BWers, just because I always have to be the underdog. :)

I'd have to go with the BW. I really love the stormfire cannon and the leech guns. The fighters may have been a bit inferior but they are still awsome ships in a dogfight.

I liked the Bearcat, despite the fact you can't actually hit anything :D...

I gotta go with the Union for sentimental reasons, though (and the Vindy:D) Though I'm a Landreich nationalist through and through (or not...)

I would go with the Border Worlds, because they were fighting the good fight, and Confed was in the wrong. They didn't know it, of course, but they were still in the wrong. The way I see it, you can either do the dirty work for people like Seether and Paulsen, or fight against them. I would take the second choice because it would a heck of lot more than some cool uniforms to redeem people who kill prisoners in cold blood and refer to an entire nation of people as animals who are not of proper stock.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Col.Dom

... and the Hellcat V is the best fighter... EVER!...The Hellcat V is the best and for that I choose Confed.

Jeez, that's like joining the USAF specifically to fly F-4 Phantoms, when there are perfectly good (and better) F-15's and F-16s. Don't get me wrong the F-4 was a good warbird, but its day in the sun is long gone.

Originally posted by Raptor
I would go with the Border Worlds

Yeah, big surprise:rolleyes:

Anyways I'd fly for Confed. I flew for them against the Kilrathi, and I don't switch sides just because I happen to sympathize with another group. If there really are bad apples in the barrel, then reform's got to come from within the ranks.

I agree you just don't go switching sides and like Blair said "I think an oath loyalty should mean something" I'm pretty sure that is what he said, but yeah penguin is right there would need to be some reform within the ranks.

Originally posted by Penguin
Anyways I'd fly for Confed. I flew for them against the Kilrathi, and I don't switch sides just because I happen to sympathize with another group. If there really are bad apples in the barrel, then reform's got to come from within the ranks.

Yes because of course, those were Blair's reasons. :rolleyes:

Unless, of course, the ranks are being headed by the very man who is trying to unleash a needless war and murder billions of innocent people. And if you don't get the evidence needed to expose him, then he gets his way. Loyalty is well and good, but loyalty should not blind us to the fact that by fighting with Confed against the Border Worlds, we're helping Tolwyn carry out his plans. I would rather not sit back and wait for for few billion people to die out of misguided loyalty while I waited for reform from within the ranks. It's easy to wait it out and justify what you're doing excuses like "I'm loyal to my country" or "I was just following orders", but doing that is just enabling Tolwyn and his ilk.

Best, Raptor

I generally don't like rebel groups, so I'd side with Confed. BUt the BW ships / weapons in WC4 (especially the Vindicator and Stormfire guns) were much much cooler than the WC4 Confed fighters.

I see loyalty as being a big part of my decision to break with Confed (assuming I was flying for them and "defected"), but I'd have to see it from Blair's point of view, actually.

A) The BW really are being dumped on, and could use the support of someone who's really damn good (oh, that's me :D ), and sympathizes.

B) I'd still be working to show Confed their wrongs, just like Blair was. I'm a Confed man, but if they're doing something I deem as immoral, and I don't seem to be able to change it as an officer, I'll have to try another route-and this one would definately get their attention. (Assuming your their war hero, if not, then I'd still try if I was a cadet-and if it didn't work, I'd still go over to help them out until Confed came to their sense.)

Jeez, that's like joining the USAF specifically to fly F-4 Phantoms, when there are perfectly good (and better) F-15's and F-16s. Don't get me wrong the F-4 was a good warbird, but its day in the sun is long gone.

HAHA! That's funny because, ever since I was a child, I wanted to join the USAF and be a fighter pilot. Guess what jet I wanted to fly :p

This all depends on your point of view. . . If you were just a pilot and had fought with confed throughout the Kilrathi War, then loyalty would probably win out for me. If I didn't have the info Blair had. . . I'd stick with Confed.

BUT, if I was in a position, as Blair was, to see the wrongs being committed and being that close to the perpetrators of the scheme and seeing people I trusted turning their backs on Confed and saw that something was wrong and it couldn't be fixed from inside confed (damn that's alot of ands :) ), then like blair, I don't think anyone in their right mind would stay with Confed.

Back